No announcement yet.

Error feeding data.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The other reason was everyone kept wanting statistics to see themselves in lights. Or because 'x' other party was adding extra features so demanding it of fr24. So the new uploader uses dump1090-mr with built in web page for local viewing, MLAT capability among others.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      I think you will find those running that version are now a minority. Since the popularity of USB sticks a new bundle was required to work on RaspberryPi and cross other platforms. Same reason FlightAware and the others changed theirs

Only get a loop if you don't configure it correctly.

The old SW will be relying on something to decode the data and output plain text basestation format on 30003. It was effectively 'dumb' and listened for data from other software you had already configured.

The new one is able to do this decoding itself bypassing any extra software. Therefore if you think "I have a x receiver, or USB stick" on start and select that during setup it will fail. As this is not the correct method you got the data beforehand.

If you have planeplotter/Dump1090 etc already (which most of you will) you need to configure the new feeder to AVR(tcp) with the IP/localhost and port of the output (Raw is better once enabled on the other software)

Find some time to read that thread, you'll have a few days before any premium expires as a result of no uploads.
      I use RTL1090. So I don't need it anymore?

Enviado desde mi SM-G900H mediante Tapatalk

Comment

Correct. If you chose the DVB-T stick mode on setup startup, it will be able to detect and connect to that directly and start uploading. You will see dump1090 attempting to attach to the USB address automatically as part of the logging/text on load
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Firstly im using an sbs1 connected directly to my laptop via usb lead from the back of the sbs
          When I run fr24.exe I enter my email addy which it tells me is correct,then the key which it tells me is correct
          It then moves to 4.1 receiver selection,as I have an sbs1 im choosing number 2
          Then 4.2 connection type either 1 network connection or 2 usb directly to the pc so I choose 2
          Then 5.1 something about enable raw data on port 30334 which I dont know what the correct answer is
          Then 5.2 enable basestation data feed on port 30003 which I dont know what the correct answer is
          Then 5.3 enable sbs/basestation raw data feed on port 20072 which I dont know what the correct answer is

Can you help with
          As i've not got a clue what it means and the help sheet for the download does not explain what you need to do,its all so confusing

Comment

Originally posted by planespotter View Post
            Firstly im using an sbs1 connected directly to my laptop via usb lead from the back of the sbs
            When I run fr24.exe I enter my email addy which it tells me is correct,then the key which it tells me is correct
            It then moves to 4.1 receiver selection,as I have an sbs1 im choosing number 2
            Then 4.2 connection type either 1 network connection or 2 usb directly to the pc so I choose 2
            Then 5.1 something about enable raw data on port 30334 which I dont know what the correct answer is
            Then 5.2 enable basestation data feed on port 30003 which I dont know what the correct answer is
            Then 5.3 enable sbs/basestation raw data feed on port 20072 which I dont know what the correct answer is

Can you help with
            As i've not got a clue what it means and the help sheet for the download does not explain what you need to do,its all so confusing
            Essentially if you were using the old feeder that means you had configured basestation (software) to output data on 30003. So it will be still doing that. I suspect your source would now become network, ala localhost. And still 30003.
            The enable raw/basestation are options the FR24 app can then re-output. As you hope to use one for now, this should be disabled or it will cause conflict.

Once running the setup can be changed from http://localhost:8754

There is a particular setup required for direct connection to SBS hardware and threads elsewhere, however I'm not sure the inability to use these receivers due to data encryption has been addressed yet. I don't have access to one to play further.

Suggest trying these (there are others)

Hi all, Any help gratefully received as I'm a bit stuck with this - I have tried googling plus reading through relevant looking threads in this forum, without success. I am trying to feed from my SBS1 connected to my W10 PC via USB. Basestation is working fine, as is PP but I cannot seem to figure out why I cannot get

Recent user of RaspPI2, and previous install was feeding well for several months, but last night stopped feeding. I've assumed that the software required updating, so actioned this today. Everything went well till I tested the install, and keeps getting notified that F24FEED cannot access my SBS-1 box via the ip address and

Comment

Do I now need to reconfigure my sbs to allow the new fr24 feed to"talk" to it ??
              regards

Comment

What parameters must I use with a GNS 5890 ?
                The new software don't know my key. "Verifying sharing key...ERROR The email address associated with entered sharing key is different."
                I got this key 3.5 years ago.

Regards

Comment

I agree with Planespotter, some straightforward instructions are needed. My feeder software stopped working yesterday and went into the lopp of 'trying to connect'. I managed to stop it and delete the old feeder software. Downloaded the new feeder software but was then confused with all the questions when trying to install it, similar to Planespotter earlier in this thread. I've read the various links as suggested on here and now I'm even more confused. Some simple install/setup instructions for an SBS/Puck user with Basestation without the technical jargon would be much appreciated, or my data sharing days with FR24 will be over

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Nigelr View Post
                    I agree with Planespotter, some straightforward instructions are needed. My feeder software stopped working yesterday and went into the lopp of 'trying to connect'. I managed to stop it and delete the old feeder software. Downloaded the new feeder software but was then confused with all the questions when trying to install it, similar to Planespotter earlier in this thread. I've read the various links as suggested on here and now I'm even more confused. Some simple install/setup instructions for an SBS/Puck user with Basestation without the technical jargon would be much appreciated, or my data sharing days with FR24 will be over

Thank you
                    I think im getting closer to the answer,please pm me
                    regards

Comment

I agree with Nigelr, simple instructions please !!

Comment

Originally posted by rafaelmorillo View Post
                        Today I got this error:
                        ERROR - Could not connect.
                        I don't know what happened.

Feeding from Windows 10
                        The old software uploader now appears to be works as before.

Regards

Comment

Yes my old uploader also works.

Thanks

Comment

I fixed the problem for the new feeder by opening Zaldig 2.1.2, Click on options and select "list all devices".
                            Then I looked for the correct device and replaced the driver.

For some reason windows had deleted the driver after the update and kept using it's own drivers even after first installing the zaldig drivers.
                            But replacing them using the zaldig program seems to fix it for now.

Comment

@TrainWrecker
                              Do You fix the problem with your DVB-T stick, or also with other devices?

Comment

Problem with DVB-T stick. Have no other devices to try :P

Comment

Working...
                                X