ERROR - Could not connect.
    I don't know what happened.

Feeding from Windows 10

Originally posted by rafaelmorillo View Post
    Today I got this error:
    ERROR - Could not connect.
    I don't know what happened.

Feeding from Windows 10
    Same here. I have tried it on my laptop and desktop with the same result. It seems to be a problem at the server end?

Comment

Please share some more information about the problem, can you include some of the console output?

Comment

Originally posted by piopawlu View Post
        Please share some more information about the problem, can you include some of the console output?
        The attached image shows the repeating error. I have to use task manager to close the program as it will not stop and close!
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi im having the exact same issues,yesterday none and now I cannot share,has anyone got the answer yet
          regards

Comment

Yes, that's exactly the same problem.

Comment

Can we therefore ask a Mod to escalate this to the powers that be as there is something wrong here as there are quite a few of us that are experiencing the exact same problem

Comment

That feeder is probably been shut down as previously warned. The new uploaded will be required.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Could you please post the link to the "new"feed download
                  kind regards

Comment

I downloaded the last feeder from FR24 and after the initial configuration it start a loop and it doesn't connect.

Enviado desde mi SM-G900H mediante Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by planespotter View Post
                      Could you please post the link to the "new"feed download
                      kind regards
                      Found here "Share your data"

sharedata.jpg
                      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by rafaelmorillo View Post
                        I downloaded the last feeder from FR24 and after the initial configuration it start a loop and it doesn't connect.

Enviado desde mi SM-G900H mediante Tapatalk
                        It has been released for over a year now, So some of this data is no longer matching what it looks/works like but it is a good start point for getting the hang of it
                        In efforts to improve data quality we have decided that we need to unify the decoding software on all our platforms and receivers. We've suffered from bad data for a long time and I think every one has seen an aircraft jumping or being shown where they weren't supposed to be. Benefits: - You don't need to run separate

Comment

Again I have the same problem,i've just downloaded it and its running in a loop,why have they changed something that was working for years
                          thats now causing upset and time for all concerned

Comment

I forgot to mention I have downloaded and tried to run this version

Download the latest software for Windows

2015.10.05 - Download version 1.0.15-7

Comment

I think you will find those running that version are now a minority. Since the popularity of USB sticks a new bundle was required to work on RaspberryPi and cross other platforms. Same reason FlightAware and the others changed theirs

Only get a loop if you don't configure it correctly.

The old SW will be relying on something to decode the data and output plain text basestation format on 30003. It was effectively 'dumb' and listened for data from other software you had already configured.

The new one is able to do this decoding itself bypassing any extra software. Therefore if you think "I have a x receiver, or USB stick" on start and select that during setup it will fail. As this is not the correct method you got the data beforehand.

If you have planeplotter/Dump1090 etc already (which most of you will) you need to configure the new feeder to AVR(tcp) with the IP/localhost and port of the output (Raw is better once enabled on the other software)

Find some time to read that thread, you'll have a few days before any premium expires as a result of no uploads.

Comment

Working...
                              X