Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeder on windows : never had to give the location

Hi,

I'm using the feeder software on windows and i'm surpried I never had to give my exact location.
    It only asked me the closest airport.

Because he doesn't know where I am, the Polat plot on the premium page can't be correct ... it's the polar plot of the airport, not the one from the receiver...

I will get a raspberry soon, maybe the linux software is better ?

If your system includes a GPS as well as your antenna then the GPS is identifying your precise location. Welcome aboard.
    - Time is on my side, yes it is.

Comment

actually, I have no GPS.
      Basic workstation with windows, DVB-T in USB.
      i'm confused

Comment

Originally posted by acid-drop View Post
        Hi,

I'm using the feeder software on windows and i'm surpried I never had to give my exact location.
        It only asked me the closest airport.

Because he doesn't know where I am, the Polat plot on the premium page can't be correct ... it's the polar plot of the airport, not the one from the receiver...

I will get a raspberry soon, maybe the linux software is better ?
        In the upper left corner of the statistics page you can click on "Show more info" and see your coordinates. Are they blank? Or somewhere else?

You can always reinstall and give your details again. Or contact support@flightradar.com and ask them to update your location and altitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Kpin View Post
          In the upper left corner of the statistics page you can click on "Show more info" and see your coordinates. Are they blank? Or somewhere else?
          it's the coordonate of the airport i gave during the install. So it all makes sense.
          But it's better if I specify the coordonate of the antenna no ?
          Is it usefull or is it just to have a proper polat plot ?

Comment

Wrong email address and domain in the above #4 post.

try support@flightradar24.com or support@fr24.com for support help.
            or http://www.flightradar24.com/contact-us
            Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
            [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

It seems the location and altitude is only important for MLAT... so only on raspberry...

My position is useless i guess...
              But this should be documented better

Comment

Originally posted by acid-drop View Post
                It seems the location and altitude is only important for MLAT... so only on raspberry...

My position is useless i guess...
                But this should be documented better
                No, FR24 will filter out aircraft that is seems to be unrealistically fare from your position. Potentially a wrong position could mean that all your data is disregarded. Less a problem if your real position is close to the one you submitted.

Comment

Working...
                X