No announcement yet.

FR24 Feeder Statistics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick suggestion - is it possible to add a search box so that you can type your ID into that will take you straight to your current ranking ?
    I'm going to convert the entire database to a CSV file once a month and post here. Makes it a lot easier to search. Next update, Dec. 1
    F-KDAG1

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Reeves View Post
      I'm going to convert the entire database to a CSV file once a month and post here. Makes it a lot easier to search. Next update, Dec. 1
      That would be a great service to other users - it's an interesting document but a PITA to capture and download. I've found over time that a lot of people don't know about the CSV file format so anyone using your downloads needs to be aware that the best way to view and manipulate CSVs is to load them as a spreadsheet in Excel or an equivalent. Thanks for your kind gesture.

Comment

Statistics Page (top_radars.php)

Hello Mike

After reading through the topic about someone creating a CSV of the statistics, I thought it would be easier to create a script that would automatically generate it. I starting poking through your JS, and then started writing a script. Only I came up with a problem because you (quite rightly I must say) protect your data with the Access-Control-Allow-Origin function.

Is there any chance you could change this? Maybe for one domain? Or I would be willing to give you my script, although I obviously haven't been able to test it right now. So the basics of it are:

Set var c-number = 0

Function fr24 (
        Add 1 to c-number
        Open "top_radars.php?sortBy=sumScore&type=top_radars&pa ge=" + c-number
        Does the page include data?
        If yes: add to page, re-run function;
        If no: do nothing, end function
        )

This would give a JSON file, admittedly not a CSV, but all the data would be in one spot.

Would be interested to hear what you think
        Last edited by Amper; 2015-11-25, 12:01. Reason: Merged with existing thread

Comment

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
          That would be a great service to other users - it's an interesting document but a PITA to capture and download. I've found over time that a lot of people don't know about the CSV file format so anyone using your downloads needs to be aware that the best way to view and manipulate CSVs is to load them as a spreadsheet in Excel or an equivalent. Thanks for your kind gesture.
          I suspect that the overwhelming number of forum users that are also feeders are only interested in how they rank among the other ~8,000 feeders world-wide. A small percentage of us like to slice and dice the data looking for interesting trends. So maybe a matching .txt file snapshot available online and replaced monthly or weekly would be the way to go. I'll see what I can do.
          F-KDAG1

Comment

It would be nice if you could specify the country in the url for the statistics page as the United Kingdom is down near the bottom of a very long drop down list and is not easy to select on an iPad (I presume this is also a problem for US contributors)
            Ben.
            FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

Since most everyone is familiar with Adobe Reader, here's a quick and dirty PDF with a caveat. It has been filtered by unique username (all rows that contain "Anonymous" have been stripped out). If you have entered a unique username on the Share Statistics page, you'll be here. Open in Adobe Reader, click Edit> Find, there's the search box.

F-KDAG1

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Reeves View Post
                Since most everyone is familiar with Adobe Reader, here's a quick and dirty PDF with a caveat. It has been filtered by unique username (all rows that contain "Anonymous" have been stripped out). If you have entered a unique username on the Share Statistics page, you'll be here. Open in Adobe Reader, click Edit> Find, there's the search box.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...14337334426123
                On my iPad this just loads a spam website, when I try to download or open the file it asks me to sign up for a movie download site!!!!!!!!!
                Beware this is a ripoff spamming site and may install malware.
                FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

Originally posted by F-EGLF1 View Post
                  On my iPad this just loads a spam website, when I try to download or open the file it asks me to sign up for a movie download site!!!!!!!!!
                  Beware this is a ripoff spamming site and may install malware.

I've been using Tiny Upload w/ Firefox and Adblock Plus for quite some time with no problems. But here's a shared link to a Google drive copy:

F-KDAG1

Comment

Quick question, when on the "Worldwide" Stats page, is anyone else having issues going past say around ranking #1750 there about's?

It seems to slow up and then stop completely and sit and think - guessing it must be taking a bit of computing power to create the list, let alone the number of people that may be running the report.

Not being down on it, I personally like it. Maybe in a revised situation the data could be made into say a single "daily file" that is simply an excel file or CSV file (then individuals can then filter the results how they like) that is a single download leaving the "system" to do what it does best being the FR24 tracking.

Just a thought....

Comment

Originally posted by YARM-Armidale View Post
                      Quick question, when on the "Worldwide" Stats page, is anyone else having issues going past say around ranking #1750 there about's?

It seems to slow up and then stop completely and sit and think - guessing it must be taking a bit of computing power to create the list, let alone the number of people that may be running the report.
                      I believe the slowdown is not due to FR24 servers, but to your browser ingesting and formatting all this data. I am able to go through all the statistics in a reasonable time by using other means (PHP script).

Originally posted by YARM-Armidale View Post
                      Not being down on it, I personally like it. Maybe in a revised situation the data could be made into say a single "daily file" that is simply an excel file or CSV file (then individuals can then filter the results how they like) that is a single download leaving the "system" to do what it does best being the FR24 tracking.

Just a thought....
                      Your suggestion is very good, but as it is most probably not the highest priority of the FR24 team, let me work on something and come back to you shortly.

Patrick
                      T-LFSN4

Check your rank from FR24 feeder stats at https://jollain.com/FR24/stats.php

Comment

Thanks Patrick
                        I googled PHP Scripts, don't quite understand them too well so appreciate your input !

Comment

The ranking of the stats page is very biased : it's based on the range.
                          When you live on an island in the pacific, the range is indeed important, but when you live in western europe and have 80 radars every 100km radius, range is plain useless.
                          What you want is low altitude coverage.
                          Imo, the rank should be based on the ability to see low altitude and ground trafic, that's what matters, that's what's missing.

Comment

As mentioned yesterday, I made a quick development to:
                            • download statistics on a regular basis (once per day) and store them in a database
                            • offer a web page where you can enter your radar code and see your stats

By this way, you can get your stats very quickly without putting load on FR24 servers!
                            The page is there: http://jollain.com/FR24/stats.php

Just enter your radar code (without the prefix "F-" or "T-") and click on Search.

If someone from the FR24 team reads this, I would like to know what is the best time frame for querying the stats from your servers?

Patrick
                            T-LFSN4

Check your rank from FR24 feeder stats at https://jollain.com/FR24/stats.php

Comment

good job !

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Thanks again for http://jollain.com/FR24/stats.php. Not sure you have time for this question but I think there is still a problem with the range numbers.
                                Last I heard is that your code downloads the stats from FR24 about UTC+1.5 hours. FR24 is on CET time which is usually UTC +2 hours. My thinking because my range numbers are so short of what FR24, FA and VRS show is because of daylight savings time (or possibly the download time) and the stats are being captured early in the day rather than later in the day. I don't know if anyone else is seeing these short range numbers (I'm in California) but my suggestion is to try 23:00 CET.

Thanks again!
                                Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-07-30, 09:15.

Comment

Working...
                                X