Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using an existing instance of dump1090

I'm new for the forum...

I have an existing instance of dump1090 which feeds data to Plane Plotter using port 30005. What would be the correct settings for the fr24feeder running on the same RPi so that it uploads positions? I am current connected to FR24 but the upload rate is zero, aircraft seen 4, and positions uploaded 0, whereas PP instances on the same network ate seeing planes correctly with a message rate of 100 or more per second. FR24feed status shows all OK, but no tracked AC, and no Mlat (which I haven't yet configured), I'm comfortable with editing .INI files.

I did try and find the answer here before posting but did not succeed.

Thanks,
    David

30005 should be beast TCP. Or could be avr. But should be beast.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

David,

Your fr24feed.ini file in /etc should be something like this:

receiver="avr-tcp"
      fr24key="your fr24 key here"
      host="127.0.0.1:30002"
      bs="no"
      raw="no"
      logmode="2"
      mlat="yes"
      mlat-without-gps="yes"

thats what I am running here, using dump1090-mutability and feeding both FR24 and FA. The receiver and host lines are the critical ones.

Hope this helps.

Andrew
      (nice to help you in return for all the times you've helped me re NTP on the Pi)
      T-YSBK22

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
        30005 should be beast TCP. Or could be avr. But should be beast.

"beast-tcp" was just what I needed with port 30005. The "sudo service fr24feed status" immediately showed a non-zero tracked aircraft count, and somewhat later the FR24 page for t-EGPH8 showed a non-zero aircraft uploaded count. Many thanks for your suggestion.

Andrew, thanks for your reply too, although it as Oblivian's which worked for me.

Comment

I am yet to work out if anything other than direct connect to dvbt or other will still use the data for mlat however. I guess dump1090 is doing the work regardless and anything output is usable for mlat *shrug*

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

So changing the receiver setting from dvbt to avr-tcp (and providing a host IP) will prevent the version of dump1090 provided with the latest version of the Windows feeder software from running? I am using a dvbt stick on a Windows PC and would like to run ads-b scope to keep a better log of the aircraft seen. Thanks

Comment

I can't comment, as all this was on a Raspberry Pi, and not Windows. As there are reported issues with the Windows software preventing Plane Plotter's Mlat from working, I have had to stop my Windows feed, and replace it with an RPi feed, connected to a different antenna.

Comment

Originally posted by David Taylor View Post
                I can't comment, as all this was on a Raspberry Pi, and not Windows. As there are reported issues with the Windows software preventing Plane Plotter's Mlat from working, I have had to stop my Windows feed, and replace it with an RPi feed, connected to a different antenna.
                Odd. Seems to be going as SMU etc still for me. But I am tapped into the raw beast-type feed output of Dump1090 and not the stick direct or avr out.

Originally posted by cwhite View Post
                So changing the receiver setting from dvbt to avr-tcp (and providing a host IP) will prevent the version of dump1090 provided with the latest version of the Windows feeder software from running? I am using a dvbt stick on a Windows PC and would like to run ads-b scope to keep a better log of the aircraft seen. Thanks
                From what I can tell unofficially, no. It will upload fine. The only adverse effect could be on MLAT - But the MLAT function is not on the W32 feed yet anyway so don't panic.
                If you wan't ADSB Scope also, try the "RAW Output" in the config and connect to 30002. If that fails, turn those off and add the --net parameter lines and do the same.

Code:
                adsbSCOPE
                Please select “Other->Network->Network Config” from the top menu bar then configure
                RAW-data-client section as follows:
                Portnumber: 30002 (30334 when not a dvb input)
                URL: localhost (when running FR24 decoder on the same machine) or IP address of the
                computer running FR24 decoder.
                Dataformat: binary
                Then select the “Other->Network->RAW Data Client active” to start receiving and
                processing data.

Comment

Thanks Oblivian. The reason I ask is I know someone who had a version on dump1090 installed and running and when he tried to start the FR24 feeder, his computer would crash. He didn't make any modifications to the FR24 settings so maybe that was the issue. I will give it a try and see what happens. My goal is to move to the Raspberry Pi soon.

Comment

Ok so I tried your suggestions above. Everytime I tried to start the FR24 feed after dump1090 was running, the feeder software would crash. Is there a conflict between the new feeder software and a standalone version of dump1090? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cwhite View Post
                      Ok so I tried your suggestions above. Everytime I tried to start the FR24 feed after dump1090 was running, the feeder software would crash. Is there a conflict between the new feeder software and a standalone version of dump1090? Thanks
                      Yes. It launches Dump1090 on startup. So if you have it running separately as s service, you need to configure the feed SW to AVR-TCP and port 30002 as it will not have access to the stick if configured for DVBT (already taken by running d1090 instance)

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply Oblivian. I did modify the feeder ini file to the settings you noted above however the software was still crashing on startup with a standalone version of dump1090 running.

Comment

I found my problem. I just remembered that I need to open port 30002 in my anti-virus software. I opened that port, made the recommended changes on the FR24 feeder settings page and restarted. I am now able to feed data to adsbScope and FR24. Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
                          X