Llin: connecting ... failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Llin: connecting ... failed

I just followed the thread to set up my dvb-t dongle on a raspberry pi. Everything seems to have gone fine but when I check the status I see FR24 Link: connecting ... failed!

Not sure what could be causing this. It is a NooElec R820T2SDR&DVB-T dongle. Says NESDRMini2. Any clues? Did I miss something?

No one? I tried just running fr24feed and I'm seeing the following:

0: <??, c, SN: ?? (currently selected)
    usb_open error -3
    Please fix the device permissions, e.g. by installing the udev rules file rtl-sdr.rules
    Error opening the RTLSDR device: Permission denied

I found another thread where a user suggested...

1.) enter lsusb - the command should give you a complete list for your USB devices, incl. your RTLSDR

2.) Note that line which is related to your stick (e.g. Bus 003 Device 018: ID 0bda:2832 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL2832U DVB-T)

3.) open rtl-sdr.rules file with sudo nano /etc/udev/rules.d/rtl-sdr.rules

4.) Add the line (e.g.)
    Code:
    SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0bda", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2832", MODE:="0666" -
    5.) save the file and restart udev with sudo service udev restart

6.) restart the Pi

I tried the above and still get the same permission denied error. Any clue?

Comment

For anyone else having this problem I did finally get it figured out. Creating the rtl-sdr.rules file in the post above DID fix the problem. Not sure why myself and only one other person have seen this issue. My problem was a typo in the rtl-sdr.rules file I created. Once the typo was fixed, it worked.

Comment

Be sure to follow the the directions in the Beta test RPi MLAT thread http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...r-Raspberry-Pi

New and better setup routine.

Comment

Working...
        X