Windows Feeder software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Feeder software

I decided to update the feeder software to the latest version. I was quite surprised how different it was but having read the details I'm ok with it. I am running Windows 10 and the SBS3 on the network.
    My problem is that the new software seems to be incompatible with some of Base Station. I had to change Base station to use IP address 127.0.0.1 and port 20072. Previously Base station worked on 192.168.1.96 ( the IP address of the SBS3) and port 10001.

As I understand it, and please correct me if wrong, the new feeder software connects directly to my SBS3 and gives an output to run Base station as well as feeding FR24?

This works and Base station displays the planes BUT Base station no longer recognises the SDR part of the SBS3. The menu items relating to the SDR receivers are just not there, ie Base station cannot see the SBS3 has SDRs. I think the FR Feeder software is not passing on the correct feed to Base station?

This is a show stopper for me as I use the SDRs for ACARS and monitoring the local transmissions.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Chris

FR24 app is unable to handle the non-normal-plane-data to/from the SBS which means no SDR.

I don't have one, but you will need to reconfigure it so the feeder hangs off data as a secondary, not primary function. But going by the thread I was already working with an owner of one, it is not clear if it is possible.

Copying from the SBS-x post just in case someone here can answer. After realising I can not control the onboard SDR's when connected via ethernet. I wanted to try and feed using USB. I have tried pretty much every port that the feeder software provides, but for the life of me I can not get it to recognise my SBS-3 when
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      FR24 app is unable to handle the non-normal-plane-data to/from the SBS which means no SDR.

I don't have one, but you will need to reconfigure it so the feeder hangs off data as a secondary, not primary function. But going by the thread I was already working with an owner of one, it is not clear if it is possible.

http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...-SBS-3-via-USB
      Thanks Oblivian

I hadn't noticed that thread.

I have asked Chris Taylor for any SBS advice. If he has a solution I'll post it here. Apart from the SDR side, I do need to run Base station software otherwise Active Display won't work.

Comment

Been there, done that....

Originally posted by radiosutch View Post
        Thanks Oblivian

I hadn't noticed that thread.

I have asked Chris Taylor for any SBS advice. If he has a solution I'll post it here. Apart from the SDR side, I do need to run Base station software otherwise Active Display won't work.
        Yeah thats my thread, I already mailed Chris asking for help with the same problem. He will ask you for a screenshot of the "about" window from basestation, followed by a reply "that you are connecting to a sharing network that does not forward radio or audio data and to speak to the provider of the sharing network to see if they have a solution" I was also told that "the firmware, serial number and license were all non-kinetic" Which you can see in the about window when connected to fr24feed software.

I also mailed Kinetic direct, and only got a confirmation mail, never heard anything else from them.

Oblivian tried to help me but ultimately without success (Thanks Oblivian)

I have also turned to VRS to try and get it working with a rebroadcast server, also without success.

What is needed is an enterprising person to program something that accesses the SDR control panel outside of Basestation, but I do not know if that is even possible. One other possible solution lies in the wording of the USB connection section of the manual, something along the lines of "when connected via USB the SBS-3 shuts down the Network port to save power" If this could be removed, I do not see any reason why USB and TCP/IP could not be used together. But I am no expert, and it might not make a jot of difference.

If perchance you do manage to get it working, I would be eternally grateful if you were to pass on how you did so.

Jerry
        Last edited by slammer99uk; 2015-08-10, 03:49.

Comment

Originally posted by slammer99uk View Post

What is needed is an enterprising person to program something that accesses the SDR control panel outside of Basestation, but I do not know if that is even possible. y
          They seem pretty good at wanting to protect their IP (intellectual property in this case..), to the point where you need all sorts of software hackery to get Basestation suite working with any other receiver product as the data stream is encoded in a way they are proprietary :/ .
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by slammer99uk View Post
            Yeah thats my thread, I already mailed Chris asking for help with the same problem. He will ask you for a screenshot of the "about" window from basestation, followed by a reply "that you are connecting to a sharing network that does not forward radio or audio data and to speak to the provider of the sharing network to see if they have a solution" I was also told that "the firmware, serial number and license were all non-kinetic" Which you can see in the about window when connected to fr24feed software.

I also mailed Kinetic direct, and only got a confirmation mail, never heard anything else from them.

Oblivian tried to help me but ultimately without success (Thanks Oblivian)

I have also turned to VRS to try and get it working with a rebroadcast server, also without success.

What is needed is an enterprising person to program something that accesses the SDR control panel outside of Basestation, but I do not know if that is even possible. One other possible solution lies in the wording of the USB connection section of the manual, something along the lines of "when connected via USB the SBS-3 shuts down the Network port to save power" If this could be removed, I do not see any reason why USB and TCP/IP could not be used together. But I am no expert, and it might not make a jot of difference.

If perchance you do manage to get it working, I would be eternally grateful if you were to pass on how you did so.

Jerry
            Thanks Jerry

I got a reply from Chris Taylor, basically it's not possible but the 'blame' if one can call it that is FR24 feeder doesn't pass through data to/from the SDR.
            I had a play today but no success. If I can can it to work I will of course post it here.

Regards
            Chris

Comment

Hi Chris

Yeah, you are definately following in my footsteps, I have tried it all. while the loss of SDR control is not a show stopper for me, I do like to have stuff working to it's full potential. However in this case it does not appear possible without a change to the feeder software.

Having said that, the same is true of at least a couple more feed clients I have tried (flightaware and MMS2)

Good luck with your efforts

Jerry

Comment

Has anyone managed to get the new software to work with SBS-3 with USB?

I made the mistake of downloading the new feeder software but like in the numerous threads I get authentication failures all the time...

Comment

No success here also with the new software. Have now deleted the software altogether and await further developments. Sad, as I was one of the early feeders to FR24 from Sydney.

Comment

Originally posted by Avsec View Post
                    No success here also with the new software. Have now deleted the software altogether and await further developments. Sad, as I was one of the early feeders to FR24 from Sydney.
                    Issue? Receiver type? Current flow of data? Additional apps used?

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Comment

Using SBS3 (via network) with the SDRSharp component as well to monitor ATC frequencies. From what I can see the software cannot connect to the SBS3 via IP addresses, tried various combinations, but no luck. Other apps are PlanePlotter, Flight Display, (ShipPlotter via TCP/IP input client), PBlink3 and Virtual Radar 2.2.0.

From what I understand from the previous posts on the subject, when using the SDR, cannot connect to FR24. Is that correct?

Comment

Seems to be some have no issues talking to SBS directly, but recent version has been dropping the connection to the hardware. But it does work.

With audio, no, not together it seems. So it could be an error in your other app in/out types causing a problem.

Comment

Thanks Oblivian for your help.

If push comes to shove rather feed ShipPlotter than FR24. There are plenty of FR24 feeders here in the Sydney basin where the SP numbers are in short supply.

Comment

Working...
                          X