Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes sure, the will be hold back off error from fr24feed update. After purge fr24feed i can install all packages.

At upgrade i get this error. Then i try again. After this i must purge the installation of fr24feed. After this i can install all packages as normal. That's very bad. I must save fr24.ini and after update must copy it back. So many things are to do, ' cause of bad installation package.
    Last edited by Swen; 2016-07-14, 08:26.

Comment

• I've had a look through various scripts that are used in the upgrade process and it seems to me that there is indeed an error there.
      I'm not quite sure why it would work ok for some people, but not for others though.
      I've just emailed support with my findings and I'll let you know what they say.

Comment

• Thank you very much for your help. Look forward that this will be solved on next releases.

Comment

• So I wait with the proposed upgrade form "apt-get upgrade" then, I don't want to disable my running system?
          Code:
          pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt-get upgrade
          Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
          Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut.
          Statusinformationen werden eingelesen.... Fertig
          Paketaktualisierung (Upgrade) wird berechnet... Fertig
          Die folgenden Pakete werden aktualisiert (Upgrade):
            fr24feed
          1 aktualisiert, 0 neu installiert, 0 zu entfernen und 0 nicht aktualisiert.
          Es müssen 491 kB an Archiven heruntergeladen werden.
          Nach dieser Operation werden 0 B Plattenplatz zusätzlich benutzt.
          Möchten Sie fortfahren? [J/n] n
          Abbruch.
          pi@raspberrypi:~ $
          JRF: T-EDNY19
          South Germany

Comment

• Originally posted by giacomo892 View Post
            Instead of crying try to fix it. It's very easy.
            Would you be so kind and help other users? How "easy" is it to fix it? We are users of a FR24 forum, not "experts" in raspbian... Thx.
            JRF: T-EDNY19
            South Germany

Comment

• It would actually be helpful if some people are willing to give it a try, just to see how often this error occurs.

Perhaps it would be wise to make a backup of your fr24feed.ini file.
              The command for that would be: sudo cp /etc/fr24feed.ini /etc/fr24feed-backup.ini

If you do experience the error message then the upgrade can be done manually by issuing the following commands (make sure you have backed up your ini file!!)

sudo service fr24feed stop
              sudo dpkg --purge --force-remove-reinstreq fr24feed
              sudo apt-get install fr24feed
              sudo cp /etc/fr24feed-backup.ini /etc/fr24feed.ini
              sudo service fr24feed start

Any attempts at upgrading would be appreciated to try to pinpoint what causes the error, but all at your own risk of course.
              I have a fair understanding of things, but I'm by no means a professional!!
              Last edited by JohnnyBravo; 2016-07-15, 07:22.

Comment

• Hopefully this includes the SBS fix to allow them to work again

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Hi,

No change here (using Arch Linux on my RPi), still no aircraft being processed.
                  Did a manual installation of the tar archive, so I'm interested in the Raspian results to rule out an error on my side.
                  For now, I'm back at 1.16-10 which works fine.

Oliver.

Comment

• If you get this error this will not help: sudo apt-get purge fr24feed

I do: dpkg --purge --force-remove-reinstreq fr24feed
                    Thats what me helped out to remove and install again. And yes its important to rescue fr24feed.ini

Comment

• Thanks Swen, i'll edit my previous post!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cherryx View Post
                        Hi,

No change here (using Arch Linux on my RPi), still no aircraft being processed.
                        Did a manual installation of the tar archive, so I'm interested in the Raspian results to rule out an error on my side.
                        For now, I'm back at 1.16-10 which works fine.

Oliver.
                        That the SBS? buggerrrr

Wanna touch base with them on that via email, prob get VinnySP to contact you and work as a beta tester with luck
                        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
                          Thanks Swen, i'll edit my previous post!
                          No problem you're welcome. But before remove just save the queen... Backup the ini before any action.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                            That the SBS? buggerrrr

Wanna touch base with them on that via email, prob get VinnySP to contact you and work as a beta tester with luck
                            Yep, the SBS one. Still getting a piece of (or better: two pieces of) useless hardware using 1.18 with my SBS-1 via network

Comment

• Swen, can you please post the operating system that you're running.
                              I'd appreciate it if you can post the output of the command: uname -a

Support emailed me back and said that they can't reproduce the error.
                              It seems it may have something to do with the OS and the version.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick Reeves View Post
                                Only 349nm? /s

Nice coverage. What is your radar callsign?

Your VRS stats are showing 455nm. That's incredible, if correct.
                                Looks like the best receiver is now an Airspy.

best.png

Comment

Working...
                                X