Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone still having issues with connecting, I had made my first antenna last night and it was up then down for long periods of time. Tried recycling the Pi this morning and still would not connect.

Will try later this evening and try get my log up. I have been having quite a lot of issues but I have been reading the faq pages to resolve issues before posting up anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewh_85 View Post
      Is anyone still having issues with connecting, I had made my first antenna last night and it was up then down for long periods of time. Tried recycling the Pi this morning and still would not connect.

Will try later this evening and try get my log up. I have been having quite a lot of issues but I have been reading the faq pages to resolve issues before posting up anything.
      My Pi etc is still losing connection frequently, like every 5-10mins for some periods, then it stays connected for an hour maybe... So yeah, it's a bit of a dud version release...
      T-YBBN50 - Kallangur, QLD, Australia

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaal View Post
        My Pi etc is still losing connection frequently, like every 5-10mins for some periods, then it stays connected for an hour maybe... So yeah, it's a bit of a dud version release...
        Thanks Bhaal glad its not just me!

Comment

• Whats the best command to run in an ssh session to check the feeder config and status - especially in regard to the connection to FR24?

Comment

• Originally posted by 41south View Post
            Whats the best command to run in an ssh session to check the feeder config and status - especially in regard to the connection to FR24?
            Couple of methods.. both I've outlined in my help guide :P

Feel free to post/discuss suggestions here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...4840#post74840 (http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/9875-Info-Updates-Ammendments-Placeholder?p=74840#post74840) This guide is not to be taken as officially sourced support information. It is contributor-made Information has been repeated many

Web Page Configuration:
            This is the easiest way to configure the software when running
            (to fix wizard setup errors found on first run)

Open in browser: http://localhost:8754
            (or replace localhost with the IP address of Rpi or PC running software)

Common Linux Commands:
            sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - http://repo.feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)" - Install FR24feed

sudo fr24feed start - start feed software with output to diagnose possible errors
            sudo service fr24feed start - start feed software as service in background (starts on reboot)
            sudo service fr24feed stop - stops service
            sudo service fr24feed status - check current status of background feeder

Good for checking for crashed instances causing port or start issues:
            - Following command will report a PID for each process
            pgrep -l fr24feed - list running FR24 processes
            pgrep -l dump1090 - list dump1090 instances

sudo kill -9 <pid> - replace <pid> with corresponding number from above to kill process
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• DOH! Thanks

Comment

• Got my Rasp Pi 3 two days ago, NOOBS installation of Raspbian, used the one command installation from here.
                Smooth installation, MLAT seems to be working. Patch cable directly connected to router. FR24Feed version: Linux/generic/armv7l/1.0.18-5

Still running the Virtual Radar Server on the Ubuntu machine where FR24 was installed, just changed to new IP. Completely removed FR24 on the Ubuntu machine, using command form here: thanx again Oblivian on supporting a Linux novice.

2016-03-17_1256.png
                JRF: T-EDNY19
                South Germany

Comment

• In the log fr24feed.log, i have information
                  [mlat][i]Stats 0/0
                  In near me, I have 4 stations F-EPNT1, T-EPNT1 , T-EPNT2, T-EPNT3
                  Yesterday (2016-03-16) in my neighborhood flying an airplane with a icao code-s (48B5F2 ) 12:15 - 12:34 UTC .
                  They saw him 4 radars (F-EPNT1, T-EPNT1, T-EPNT2, T-EPNT3 ), on fr24 it was not to be seen.
                  What is wrong ?
                  I have fr24feed 1.0.18-5 ( T-EPNT1, T-EPNT2, T-EPNT3 - MLAT running: YES ) and my friend F-EPNT1 ( S/W VERSION: FR24-3.8,101,66 ).
                  I care about the coverage of the MLAT areas of airports Nowy Targ and the Polish Tatras.
                  Last edited by kudlaty; 2016-03-17, 17:47.

Comment

• Hey,

I'm quite new to this.

What is an DVB-T USB receiver with antenna? Can someone link me an buy page?

Also, can I still use my ADS-B USB reciever on my rapberry pi together with an DVB-T USB receiver?

Cheers

Edit:

Nevermind I guess 1 antenna can do both?
                    Last edited by Jawbone; 2016-03-17, 20:15.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jawbone View Post
                      Hey,

I'm quite new to this.

What is an DVB-T USB receiver with antenna? Can someone link me an buy page?

Also, can I still use my ADS-B USB reciever on my rapberry pi together with an DVB-T USB receiver?

Cheers

Edit:

Nevermind I guess 1 antenna can do both?
                      An 'ADSB USB' and DVB-T (TV tuner) are essentially the same. They have a wide chipset frequency coverage. If you mod an antenna for adsb it will not be any good for TV and vice versa. 460mhz vs 1.09Ghz. You can run 2 on a Pi but will need some advanced configuring, processing power and a external power supply
                      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• I'm unable to view my dump 1090 on port 8080. I logged onto local host:8754 and added --net-http-port 8080 to process arguments but when I try to go to localhost:8080 it says it cannot connect to the server.

It's prob something simple I've missed.

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewh_85 View Post
                          I'm unable to view my dump 1090 on port 8080. I logged onto local host:8754 and added --net-http-port 8080 to process arguments but when I try to go to localhost:8080 it says it cannot connect to the server.

It's prob something simple I've missed.
                          Restart done?
                          JRF: T-EDNY19
                          South Germany

Comment

• Got to restart the client (or reboot) to make sure the change applies. If you run it without the 'service' in line you will get output of whats loading etc

Comment

• I've saved and restarted and also did a sudo service fr24feed restart earlier too but no joy. I can see 8754 tracked aircraft but not 8080 strange one. Might try a clean install

Comment

• Does this look right? Also when I check the status I see the below. I used to get a different view.

image.jpgScreenshot_2016-03-17-22-33-47.jpg
                                Last edited by andrewh_85; 2016-03-17, 22:37.

Comment

Working...
                                X