Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Archived - Beta test MLAT software for Raspberry Pi

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by vinnyspb View Post
    MLAT is not supported via "beast-tcp" configuration (data has to be received directly from dump1090 utility), that's most likely why you receive timestamp errors. Please change it to "dvbt" and remove "host" parameter. MD5 is correct.
    Will "beast" be supported in the future? As I use some money to buy a mode-s beast. It's not a good reason to change back using DVB-T dongle because of MLAT...
    T-VHST9: http://vhst9.hopto.org/
    (24/7)

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Dundee View Post
      Will "beast" be supported in the future? As I use some money to buy a mode-s beast. It's not a good reason to change back using DVB-T dongle because of MLAT...
      That may be supported in future, depending on demand.

      Comment


      • I am running the latest fr24feed, running Raspbian on the B+ and it's fully up to date, firmware is up to date.. I my fr24feed will not get NTP sync... With the following error repeated after each failure timeout:

        2015-07-18 00:50:10 | [time][e]Failed to synchronize time
        2015-07-18 00:50:12 | [time][i]Synchronizing time via NTP

        I have ntp installed, the machine is running with the correct time. I had no problems before upgrade.. What other info is needed to help with this?

        Regards,
        T-YBBN50
        T-YBBN50 - Kallangur, QLD, Australia

        Comment


        • Further to that, I've added extra servers to ntp, some of which ping as low as 16ms ... ntpdate syncs fine, so I don't know what else I can do..?
          T-YBBN50 - Kallangur, QLD, Australia

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bhaal View Post
            2015-07-18 00:50:10 | [time][e]Failed to synchronize time
            2015-07-18 00:50:12 | [time][i]Synchronizing time via NTP
            Does the problem persist constantly? Do you see something like this afterwards?
            Code:
            2015-07-17 13:17:22 | [time][i]Synchronizing time via NTP
            2015-07-17 13:17:26 | [time][i]Time synchronized correctly, offset +1684.0945 seconds

            Comment


            • I just notice the beta version of fr24feed has been upgraded 1.0.14-5...
              It seems devices other than DVB-T has already been rejected for participating MLAT test...
              I just disappointed and hope that my "beast-tcp" and other devices like "AVR", "SBS" can be supported using MLAT very soon...
              T-VHST9: http://vhst9.hopto.org/
              (24/7)

              Comment


              • I upgraded to 14-5 but now my Feeder keeps crashing on start -.- looks like the App crashs when I switch to Malcom Robb's dvb-t fork...
                Last edited by equi; 2015-07-17, 16:12.
                Regards,
                T-EDDE7

                Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
                Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

                Comment


                • Originally posted by equi View Post
                  I upgraded to 14-5 but now my Feeder keeps crashing on start -.- looks like the App crashs when I switch to Malcom Robb's dvb-t fork...
                  It just work with dvbt.
                  Very Very disappointing... stock dump1090 is not good compared to mutability one!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by giacomo892 View Post
                    It just work with dvbt.
                    Very Very disappointing... stock dump1090 is not good compared to mutability one!
                    I'd like just to clarify, the dump1090 that is bundled with fr24feed package now (https://github.com/Flightradar24/dump1090), is a fork of Malcom Robb's dump1090 fork, so you can still use all it's features, no need to drop MLAT
                    The modification made is intended to provide timestamps within messages as close to the originally receive timestamp as possible. That's why we require this particular dump1090 in order to run MLAT.

                    Comment


                    • Maybe you should Remove the options then to avoid confusion
                      Regards,
                      T-EDDE7

                      Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
                      Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by equi View Post
                        Maybe you should Remove the options then to avoid confusion
                        That's what we did in the latest build actually It will not start MLAT with the configuration other then receiver=dvbt and FR24's dump1090 fork (which is, again, a fork of Malcolm Robb's fork).
                        Those options are also removed from the signup wizard when MLAT is enabled.
                        Also the logging toggle has been fixed (it was unable to disable logging through signup wizard before).

                        Comment


                        • Yes I noticed it when I did the Wizard, however it is still selectable in the webinterface.
                          Regards,
                          T-EDDE7

                          Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
                          Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by equi View Post
                            Yes I noticed it when I did the Wizard, however it is still selectable in the webinterface.
                            Thanks for the feedback, will fix that also.

                            Comment


                            • Very well, thanks
                              Regards,
                              T-EDDE7

                              Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
                              Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by vinnyspb View Post
                                I'd like just to clarify, the dump1090 that is bundled with fr24feed package now (https://github.com/Flightradar24/dump1090), is a fork of Malcom Robb's dump1090 fork, so you can still use all it's features, no need to drop MLAT
                                The modification made is intended to provide timestamps within messages as close to the originally receive timestamp as possible. That's why we require this particular dump1090 in order to run MLAT.
                                Can you base your fork on the mutability repo (https://github.com/mutability/dump1090) which also has oversampling mode and a nicer gui?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X