Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @jrf I wrote in more detail in the other thread (Feed issues / Dump1090 problem with latest package) about the 'User=nobody' entry which does not work for me. It works fine when I change this to 'User=root'. It may be the same for you.
    T-EIKY1 | T-EICK1

Comment

• Originally posted by mgunther View Post
      @jrf I wrote in more detail in the other thread (Feed issues / Dump1090 problem with latest package) about the 'User=nobody' entry which does not work for me. It works fine when I change this to 'User=root'. It may be the same for you.
      I followed the other thread too, but did not understand all the information. After your post #872 I re-read the information you entered here:
      All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.

So I started form this point of your post: "To do this, I edit /etc/systemd/system/fr24feed.service:"

Result: success.

I rebooted the RPI, still working:
      pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo fr24feed-status
      [ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
      [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2018-01-24 14:10:04.
      [ ok ] FR24 Link: connected [UDP].
      [ ok ] FR24 Radar: T-EDNY19.
      [ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC: 76.
      [ ok ] Receiver: connected (162860 MSGS/0 SYNC).
      [ ok ] FR24 MLAT: ok [UDP].
      [ ok ] FR24 MLAT AC seen: 72.

Back in bussines. I can already see the first stats on https://www.flightradar24.com/accoun...stats/?id=xxxx

@mgunther: THX.
      Last edited by jrf; 2018-01-24, 14:19. Reason: Typo
      JRF: T-EDNY19
      South Germany

Comment

• @jrf: Alles klar, kein Problem

Currently, the FR24 guys cannot reproduce the problem where the fr24feed service is not running properly as 'nobody' user on some systems. I hope to do some more tests this evening and may find something.
        T-EIKY1 | T-EICK1

Comment

• See my post https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...l=1#post100679 for a solution to the issue on some systems where the fr24feed would only run as 'root' user.
          T-EIKY1 | T-EICK1

Comment

• When will the bug fixed that FR24feeder reads raw data again?
            All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.

Comment

• Originally posted by cbgsy View Post
              Hi everyone,

T-EGJB6 now back online with MLAT here in St Peter Port, Guernsey using an RPi 2 with a PPS-coupled GPS receiver feeding NTP, so should be nice and stable.
              Hoping to improve coverage for the Trislanders and inter-island flights which are typically below 2000ft as well as the Dash-8 and ATR aircraft which provide most of our local flights and require MLAT.
              Hi
              Do you still use your GPS feeder for timestamp GPS clock?
              Is your T feeder still sending mlat data to the FR24 and contributing?

Comment

• Originally posted by vinicius325 View Post
                Hi
                Do you still use your GPS feeder for timestamp GPS clock?
                For mlat and ADS-B, the GPS adds no value to a DVBT-based receiver. Only if you have a Radarcape (or other receiver where timestamping is done on the receiver itself).

/M
                F-ESDF1, F-ESGG1, F-ESGP1, F-ESNK1, F-ESNV2, F-ESNV3 F-ESSL4, F-ESNZ7, F-LFMN3
                T-ESNL1, T-ESNL2, T-ESGR15
                P-ESIA, P-ESIB, P-ESGF, P-ESSN, P-EFMA
                mrmac (a) fastest.cc

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMac View Post
                  For mlat and ADS-B, the GPS adds no value to a DVBT-based receiver. Only if you have a Radarcape (or other receiver where timestamping is done on the receiver itself).

/M
                  I have a mode-s beast old. If i adds GPS in my raspberry, i can provide raw data capable to value mlat in fr24, equal the radarcape's?

If not contribute, exist any idea similar to my beast mode-s?

tks

Comment

• Quick question on MLAT, my fr24 feeder is posting mlat data in dumpmutability and i can see the hex details but the aircraft icon or ground icons never appear in my map. The dev version of mutability i run with a piaaware feeder highlights and draws the aircraft and ground hits on the map. Does any one know why one draws them and the other doesn’t? As i live near a GA airport a lot of the aircraft around me are mlat so its great to see them, i also add them to my DB folder and allocate a type to them.

Also anyone also know why when running a FR feed it knocks out my adbs receiver project range graph?

Thanks Coxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Coxy View Post
                      Quick question on MLAT, my fr24 feeder is posting mlat data in dumpmutability and i can see the hex details but the aircraft icon or ground icons never appear in my map. The dev version of mutability i run with a piaaware feeder highlights and draws the aircraft and ground hits on the map. Does any one know why one draws them and the other doesn’t? As i live near a GA airport a lot of the aircraft around me are mlat so its great to see them, i also add them to my DB folder and allocate a type to them.

Also anyone also know why when running a FR feed it knocks out my adbs receiver project range graph?

Thanks Coxy
                      Mlat on fr24 is a one way street. out. It has no way of showing on a map locally unlike FA which feeds calculations back to client.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
                      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• So @Oblivian if i turn off Mlat to FR it should free up port 30005 for FA?

Comment

• I have been using fr24feed on old R-pi for about 4-5 years when one series of lighting got the better of the r-pi, PSU, switch, wifi router and USB DVB-T card. So I got the same hardware again, installed it following nice post here on forum seemingly without problems.

But, I do have a problem. fr24feed on my rpi says:

Code:
                          pi@FR24RpI:/$ sudo fr24feed-status
                          [ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
                          [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2018-06-11 17:19:01.
                          [ ok ] FR24 Link: connected [UDP].
                          [ ok ] FR24 Radar: T-LQBK3.
                          [ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC:.
                          [ ok ] Receiver: connected (64 MSGS/0 SYNC).
                          [ ok ] FR24 MLAT: ok [UDP].
                          [ ok ] FR24 MLAT AC seen: 0.
                          Seems fine. However, the fr24.com web page says system is offline, despite showing yellow bar, just as if system is online. Currently the rpi is not receiving any planes since the antenna is in the basement. But yesterday, when it was on the roof, and some planes were seen, the web page still showed "status offline".
                          How come?

Comment

• I had the same issue, silly question? Have you done a reboot?

I fixed mine by stopping all services using the dongle and then rebooting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coxy View Post
                              I had the same issue, silly question? Have you done a reboot?
                              I fixed mine by stopping all services using the dongle and then rebooting.
                              I tried. I also updated software, kernel, firmware etc. I was really happy that everything worked just as in thread mentioned above, but the status on the web page stays "offline". One image speaks thousand words, and you can see clearly that I relocated the system yesterday...
                              Capture.PNG

Comment

• Originally posted by Kvisko View Post
                                I tried. I also updated software, kernel, firmware etc. I was really happy that everything worked just as in thread mentioned above, but the status on the web page stays "offline". One image speaks thousand words, and you can see clearly that I relocated the system yesterday
                                I think I got to the bottom of this. It turns out the antenna cable was cracked and therefore no signal was recorded.
                                No signal = no online status.
                                After a lot of head scratching, I have cut the cable an re-soldered it and now it works ok!
                                Last edited by Kvisko; 2018-06-13, 16:51.

Comment

Working...
                                X