Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Archived - Beta test MLAT software for Raspberry Pi

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hello together,

    since 3 days i have two receivers and they are only offline... I get something like this:



    Flightdata will come from dump1090-fa and this is working.

    No aircrafts are tracked.

    Netcat on port 30002 give me raw data:

    *5D3C66AB3A9228;
    *8D78082F99410C2BE8049673FCA6;
    *5D3C56E7E7C516;
    *02E19119AB51CD;
    *5D400FE34EFFC2;
    *5D3C56E7E7C509;
    *02E196903DA522;
    *5D3C56E7E7C509;
    *A00019109D79E330E00C0150771A;
    *5D398517AFB232;
    *02E18F9D18CE75;
    *A0001718D8FA0B317FAC00212FE9;
    *A0001910CC300030A4000096EC1B;
    *02E198385754F2;
    *02E617B0DEFFA8;
    *A0001718C6500030A4000039F831;
    *5D3C65CAD5327C;
    *5D3C56E7E7C50F;
    *02E1991024B1AA;
    *5D3C65CAD5327C;
    *02E19837D49E93;
    *5D3C56E7E7C50F;
    *5D7809AA604FFE;
    *5D3C56E7E7C50F;
    *5D78082F968887;
    *5D3C56E7E7C50F;
    *5D398517AFB234;
    *8D39851758B98298E412D8AE034F;
    *5D78082F968887;
    *5D3C56E7E7C50F;
    I'm using Stretch as Raspi-OS fully upgraded to the last files.

    Comment


    • The new version of fr24feed (1.0.19-2) fails to start on my system (pi64 including armhf libs):

      $ service fr24feed status

      ● fr24feed.service - Flightradar24 Decoder & Feeder
      Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/fr24feed.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
      Active: failed (Result: core-dump) since Tue 2018-01-16 11:48:51 CET; 150ms ago
      Process: 18661 ExecStart=/usr/bin/fr24feed (code=dumped, signal=ILL)
      Main PID: 18661 (code=dumped, signal=ILL)


      Jan 16 11:48:51 pi systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
      Jan 16 11:48:51 pi systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
      Jan 16 11:48:51 pi systemd[1]: Stopped Flightradar24 Decoder & Feeder.
      Jan 16 11:48:51 pi systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
      Jan 16 11:48:51 pi systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Failed with result 'core-dump'.
      Jan 16 11:48:51 pi systemd[1]: Failed to start Flightradar24 Decoder & Feeder.

      $ fr24feed
      Illegal instruction


      How do I fix this (or revert to the previous version)?
      Last edited by helios; 2018-01-16, 10:57.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by helios View Post
        The new version of fr24feed (1.0.19-2) fails to start on my system (pi64 including armhf libs):

        $ service fr24feed status

        ● fr24feed.service - Flightradar24 Decoder & Feeder
        Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/fr24feed.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
        Active: failed (Result: core-dump) since Tue 2018-01-16 11:48:51 CET; 150ms ago
        Process: 18661 ExecStart=/usr/bin/fr24feed (code=dumped, signal=ILL)
        Main PID: 18661 (code=dumped, signal=ILL)


        Jan 16 11:48:51 pi systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
        Jan 16 11:48:51 pi systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
        Jan 16 11:48:51 pi systemd[1]: Stopped Flightradar24 Decoder & Feeder.
        Jan 16 11:48:51 pi systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
        Jan 16 11:48:51 pi systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Failed with result 'core-dump'.
        Jan 16 11:48:51 pi systemd[1]: Failed to start Flightradar24 Decoder & Feeder.

        $ fr24feed
        Illegal instruction


        How do I fix this (or revert to the previous version)?
        As you can see by the numerous new threads people are creating, there are mixed results with the update depending on the update method. Dump1090-MR has been revoked and your config needs to be reconfigured for -mutability

        https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...debian-package

        /edit

        However being 64b may have an impact.. Seems to be some pretty big shifts causing headaches *sigh*
        Last edited by Oblivian; 2018-01-16, 11:22.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

        Comment


        • Yes, my issue isn't related to dump1090.
          The previous version was running fine on 64 bit with the armhf libs.
          strace:
          --- SIGILL {si_signo=SIGILL, si_code=ILL_ILLOPC, si_addr=0x6d500} ---
          +++ killed by SIGILL +++
          Illegal instruction
          Last edited by helios; 2018-01-16, 11:54.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by helios View Post
            Yes, my issue isn't related to dump1090.
            The previous version was running fine on 64 bit with the armhf libs.
            Only thing I can suggest is to pull the prev version back from the repo (as long as it remains for the time being) and disable the auto update.

            Util we hear word from the devs on what was changed on this version and how it's expected to work it's a case of putting out fires with blacked out sunglasses on.
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

            Comment


            • Assuming you have the other dependency that appears newly needed.. librtlsdr0
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

              Comment


              • fr24feed seems to be statically linked.

                $ ldd /usr/bin/fr24feed
                not a dynamic executable

                Apart from a dynamically linked binary the source code would be appreciated. (Or/And a changelog).


                If someone runs in the same problem, the old binary can be found here:
                http://repo.feed.flightradar24.com/r...18-9_armhf.deb
                Last edited by helios; 2018-01-16, 12:49.

                Comment


                • Sorry about the issues with the new version. We have rolled back to the previous version so any new downloads through the script should get v.18-9 automatically but might not work for those already on v.19-2. Currently looking into why the issues are occurring and will have them fixed asap.

                  Will get back with an Update as soon as possible.
                  --

                  Comment


                  • Can anyone with v19-2 check if their logs are being written to /var/log/syslog and if it shows any errors there?
                    --

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Khan View Post
                      Can anyone with v19-2 check if their logs are being written to /var/log/syslog and if it shows any errors there?
                      Yes, and it looks like this:
                      "Jan 16 14:29:43 raspberrypi fr24feed[2463]: bash: /usr/lib/fr24/dump1090: No such file or directory
                      Jan 16 14:29:43 raspberrypi fr24feed[2463]: 2018-01-16 14:29:43 | [reader][i]Connection terminated
                      Jan 16 14:29:43 raspberrypi fr24feed[2463]: 2018-01-16 14:29:43 | [main][i]Terminating child process 2864 with SIGTERM
                      Jan 16 14:29:49 raspberrypi fr24feed[2463]: 2018-01-16 14:29:49 | [reader][i]Connecting to DVBT receiver via (exe:///usr/lib/fr24/dump1090 --raw --mlat)
                      Jan 16 14:29:49 raspberrypi fr24feed[2463]: 2018-01-16 14:29:49 | [reader][i]Connected to the receiver, configuring
                      Jan 16 14:29:49 raspberrypi fr24feed[2463]: 2018-01-16 14:29:49 | [reader][i]Configured, processing messages
                      Jan 16 14:29:49 raspberrypi fr24feed[2463]: bash: /usr/lib/fr24/dump1090: No such file or directory
                      Jan 16 14:29:49 raspberrypi fr24feed[2463]: 2018-01-16 14:29:49 | [reader][i]Connection terminated
                      Jan 16 14:29:49 raspberrypi fr24feed[2463]: 2018-01-16 14:29:49 | [main][i]Terminating child process 2865 with SIGTERM"

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by vejbymats@gmail.com View Post
                        Yes, and it looks like this:
                        "Jan 16 14:29:43 raspberrypi fr24feed[2463]: bash: /usr/lib/fr24/dump1090: No such file or directory
                        Jan 16 14:29:43 raspberrypi fr24feed[2463]: 2018-01-16 14:29:43 | [reader][i]Connection terminated
                        Jan 16 14:29:43 raspberrypi fr24feed[2463]: 2018-01-16 14:29:43 | [main][i]Terminating child process 2864 with SIGTERM
                        Jan 16 14:29:49 raspberrypi fr24feed[2463]: 2018-01-16 14:29:49 | [reader][i]Connecting to DVBT receiver via (exe:///usr/lib/fr24/dump1090 --raw --mlat)
                        Jan 16 14:29:49 raspberrypi fr24feed[2463]: 2018-01-16 14:29:49 | [reader][i]Connected to the receiver, configuring
                        Jan 16 14:29:49 raspberrypi fr24feed[2463]: 2018-01-16 14:29:49 | [reader][i]Configured, processing messages
                        Jan 16 14:29:49 raspberrypi fr24feed[2463]: bash: /usr/lib/fr24/dump1090: No such file or directory
                        Jan 16 14:29:49 raspberrypi fr24feed[2463]: 2018-01-16 14:29:49 | [reader][i]Connection terminated
                        Jan 16 14:29:49 raspberrypi fr24feed[2463]: 2018-01-16 14:29:49 | [main][i]Terminating child process 2865 with SIGTERM"
                        Thank you!
                        --

                        Comment


                        • Anyone that is affected by the current 19-2 version, please leave the feed as is if you want and we will release a new version with a fix. Upon which if you haven't turned off autoupdate, it will be downloaded and everything will start working again.
                          --

                          Comment


                          • I am affected by the 19-2 version. I cannot feed any data to FR24 now.

                            How can I know I have auto update turned on in my raspberry pi?? So sorry that I have little knowledge with this gadget.

                            T-VHHH96

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by visualVHHH View Post
                              I am affected by the 19-2 version. I cannot feed any data to FR24 now.

                              How can I know I have auto update turned on in my raspberry pi?? So sorry that I have little knowledge with this gadget.

                              T-VHHH96
                              It still works. Just rerun the signup wizard and ensure the included dump1090 is configured/working. See dump1090 missing from debian thread...

                              https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...debian-package

                              Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Oblivian; 2018-01-17, 19:39.
                              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

                              Comment


                              • I do not know whether this is related to the updates mentioned... but I was running Raspian Jessie for 6 months with the DVB-T tuner... and after 6 months ( I turn off the system every night), now when I turn on power, it is not sharing any data... the only workaround I found was to install a fresh fr24feed app every time I power up the system. Any help ? 10x

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X