This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi,

just got my rpi 3 and installed fr24feed via the script. Unfortunately I can't get it working with my sbs-1 via TCP.

Using the same config as in the Windows version, where it works fine:

Code:
    receiver="sbs1tcp"
    fr24key="**"
    host="192.168.178.4:10001"
    bs="no"
    raw="no"
    logmode="1"
    windowmode="0"
    logpath="/var/log/"
    mpx="yes"
    mlat="yes"
    mlat-without-gps="yes"
    Returned coordinates are fine and the connection is being established:

Code:
    2016-04-27 11:27:14 | [basestation][i]Thread started
    2016-04-27 11:27:14 | [basestation][i]Creating server socket
    2016-04-27 11:27:14 | [main][i]MLAT data feed started
    2016-04-27 11:27:14 | [basestation][i]Starting server on port 20072
    2016-04-27 11:27:14 | [basestation][i]Waiting for a connection
    2016-04-27 11:27:14 | [mlat][i]Waiting for MLAT configuration
    2016-04-27 11:27:14 | [mlat][e]Receiver not compatible with MLAT, timestamps in wrong format![reader][i]Authenticated, processing messages
    But I end up in a ping/sync loop anyway, having no data output on any of the ports (tried to enable all of them). When connecting Basestation to the rpi, it constantly reconnects (most likely because there's no data/wrong data).

Version is 1.0.18-5

The Windows version works fine with the exact same config (except mlat, of course, disableing mlat gets the same result).

Oliver.

Comment

• Have you tried the Kinetics forum website? It sounds like a problem with the RPi to sbs configuration, not an FR24 problem.
      http://www.kinetic.co.uk/forums/
      Their new RPi "Tribly Hat" looks awesome, BTW.
      http://www.kinetic.co.uk/Trilby.php
      Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-04-28, 06:42.

Comment

• I don't know how much Kinetics is in fr24feed, my config is:

SBS-1 -> (TCP) -> fr24feed -> Basestation/PlanePlotter
        This works well on a Windows PC in the same network.

Problem seems to be the data processing, a tcpdump on the Rpi shows data coming from the SBS-1, but fr24feed does no data processing or output (no data arriving at FR24, no output on port 30003). I can connect to port 30003, it's open, simply no data.

Connecting from RPi to SBS-1 port 10001 via Telnet works and I can see the encrypted data.
        The data is there, but it's not being used.

BUT: I found that ModeSMixer2 has the same problem on the Pi, so it might be about Raspbian or one of the dependencies. The Pi itself is "out of the box", only thing I did was a clean install via NOOBS and updates.

I will try Arch Linux within the next few days and report back here.

Oliver.
        Last edited by Cherryx; 2016-04-28, 15:36.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cherryx View Post
          I don't know how much Kinetics is in fr24feed, my config is:

SBS-1 -> (TCP) -> fr24feed -> Basestation/PlanePlotter
          This works well on a Windows PC in the same network.

Problem seems to be the data processing, a tcpdump on the Rpi shows data coming from the SBS-1, but fr24feed does no data processing or output (no data arriving at FR24, no output on port 30003). I can connect to port 30003, it's open, simply no data.

Connecting from RPi to SBS-1 port 10001 via Telnet works and I can see the encrypted data.
          The data is there, but it's not being used.

BUT: I found that ModeSMixer2 has the same problem on the Pi, so it might be about Raspbian or one of the dependencies. The Pi itself is "out of the box", only thing I did was a clean install via NOOBS and updates.

I will try Arch Linux within the next few days and report back here.

Oliver.
          Theres a few threads with SBS issues and later uploader versions. May well be enforcement of the data limits/restriction being adhered to where they were not before. But of them and all the suggestions no solid how-to has been confirmed.

It seems people either give up, or find a solution and don't bother to return and share the finding for others.

Differs with version of baseatation, data flow path and if it is being used at all as to what ports open up and if you can ul from them it seems. 30006 is opened by both baseatation and sbs3 when configured to, this is the same as 10001 but meant to be unencrypted

From what I can tell once those are active the mpx/20072 relay out from fr24 can also be used

I have some theoretical examples in my sticky FAQ thread, but still no comments on it after pointing a few SBS users toward it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
            Theres a few threads with SBS issues and later uploader versions. May well be enforcement of the data limits/restriction being adhered to where they were not before. But of them and all the suggestions no solid how-to has been confirmed.

It seems people either give up, or find a solution and don't bother to return and share the finding for others.

Differs with version of baseatation, data flow path and if it is being used at all as to what ports open up and if you can ul from them it seems. 30006 is opened by both baseatation and sbs3 when configured to, this is the same as 10001 but meant to be unencrypted

From what I can tell once those are active the mpx/20072 relay out from fr24 can also be used

I have some theoretical examples in my sticky FAQ thread, but still no comments on it after pointing a few SBS users toward it

I've read your posts, but didn't try too much, yet. I'm trying to get a feeder system without a PC running.

What I can say for sure is that it works like described between the SBS-1 and a Windows PC, no need for Basestation or any setup (true only for the SBS-1, don't know about the SBS-3).

Simply connect fr24feed via TCP to port 10001 (encrypted data) of the SBS-1 and you're done. You can then connect anything else to port 20072 or 30003. Only thing that didn't work was port 30334.

On the RPi it should be the same, at least I think to, since fr24feed opens the connection and even gets data. It simply doesn't work, so it seems to be either a bug in fr24feed, or in raspbian.

I'll take another look and see what I can test of your methods.

Comment

• Hopefully the devs can chime in with input. As a lot say they've had issues recently. As long as you can tap the raw stream it should be able to go PC-less. But I don't see it happening with current scenarios

At least there's someone here willing to tinker at least if a fix is found (be it manual config tweak or update to raspbian) it'll help clear things up

But someone from fr recently pointed out the untapped localhost/30006 is best method which doesn't bode well

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• I just tested Arch Linux, still the same, so it's not raspbian.

Port 30006 requires either Basestation or a SBS-3, won't help me here 😟

Comment

• Did some tests today, doesn't look too good.

What I can do: Connect from my Windows PC to my SBS-1 encrypted data port.
                  What I can't do: All the rest... at least almost.

fr24feed does not connect to BaseStation via ports 30006 or 30003, so your SBS1 First option will not work.
                  2nd option should work, considering that the USB connection is possible (didn't test, my SBS is on the roof). Basestation -> port 20072 works.

The raspberry pi version is more or less useless, doesn't even connect via port 10001.

The SBS-1 seems to be pretty much unsupported.

Comment

Did some tests today, doesn't look too good.

What I can do: Connect from my Windows PC to my SBS-1 encrypted data port.
                    What I can't do: All the rest... at least almost.

fr24feed does not connect to BaseStation via ports 30006 or 30003, so your SBS1 First option will not work.
                    2nd option should work, considering that the USB connection is possible (didn't test, my SBS is on the roof). Basestation -> port 20072 works.

The raspberry pi version is more or less useless, doesn't even connect via port 10001.

The SBS-1 seems to be pretty much unsupported.
                    Pretty much confirms a broken change between windows and linux port then.

Or at the least a wrong flag type in the config string when you select the receiver type.

They changed the selection types and its not so intuitive now if both SBS3 and or SBSx produce the same flag in the config file

2 - SBS1/SBS1er (USB/Network)
                    3 - SBS3 (USB/Network)
                    4 - ModeS Beast (USB/Network)
                    5 - AVR Compatible (DVBT over network, etc)
                    6 - microADSB (USB/Network)
                    7 - SBSx via Basestation (localhost:30006)
                    Last edited by Oblivian; 2016-05-02, 01:44.

Comment

Pretty much confirms a broken change between windows and linux port then.

Or at the least a wrong flag type in the config string when you select the receiver type.

They changed the selection types and its not so intuitive now if both SBS3 and or SBSx produce the same flag in the config file
                      I even tried both, sbs1 and sbs3, checked the config file as well, it was always reflecting the settings I made.

Comment

I even tried both, sbs1 and sbs3, checked the config file as well, it was always reflecting the settings I made.
                        Hrm.

Have to tinker with my windows copy and see if it adjusts to the same - it may be by design to serve as clarity for users not aware there are different versions and only changes how it receives/connects when in ethernet mode. Or if the windows one changes for each option as simple as a flag left out of the port (to cross platform programming that is)

Not seen Vinny around in a while, but if we reach out to Olov he may be able to poke him

Comment

• all who have problems with 1.0.18-5 on Raspberry Pi and OSX with SBS1/3: no AC found, do this:
                          wget http://rosi.n-joy.sk/fr24/fr24feed_1.0.16-10_armhf.deb
                          sudo dpkg -i fr24feed_1.0.16-10_armhf.deb
                          and its working again. maybe a bug in 1.0.18-5 ???

Comment

• Originally posted by LOWL1 View Post
                            all who have problems with 1.0.18-5 on Raspberry Pi and OSX with SBS1/3: no AC found, do this:

and its working again. maybe a bug in 1.0.18-5 ???
                            Possible. I didn't want to jump to such a conclusion as the windows versioning which appears also broken is a lot earlier (16-11)

Comment

Possible. I didn't want to jump to such a conclusion as the windows versioning which appears also broken is a lot earlier (16-11)
                              but it works since they found the bug in 1.0.18-5

Comment

• The older version works fine on my RPi.

Comment

Working...
                                X