• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sudo dpkg --remove --force-remove-reinstreq fr24feed
    dpkg: warning: overriding problem because --force enabled:
    dpkg: warning: package is in a very bad inconsistent state; you should
    reinstall it before attempting a removal
    (Reading database ... 192603 files and directories currently installed.)
    Removing fr24feed (1.0.16-7) ...
    So i try to use --purge for --remove and eureka!!! Its working now! Thank you very much for your help!

Comment

• Just asking, but why was the latest beta announced in a stickie that was started 7 months ago about an earlier release?
      Why not start a new stickie and unstick the old stickie with each new release?

Comment

• Because regardless of what we do to remain updated people don't read them anyway and rather just start their own threads
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Can somebody help me here. Since I upgraded to 1.0.16-11 the feeder software has failed minimum once a day in random patterns.
          I therefore started the software in the foreground to see what happens. After about 6 hours I see this:

I have no clue. I can start again and everytime it will fail again after a period.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Would need to see a bit before that part of the logs.

Turn on logging for a bit and then you can look back on it and switch it off again. The -6 error is already in use. So its probably starting a 2nd instance of Dump1090 for whatever reason
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
              Would need to see a bit before that part of the logs.

Turn on logging for a bit and then you can look back on it and switch it off again. The -6 error is already in use. So its probably starting a 2nd instance of Dump1090 for whatever reason
              Thanks. How do i activate the log? I access the RPi remotely from my PC.

Comment

• Via the web config page

fr24log.jpg

Defualt spot is /var/log/fr24feed.log

in which case you:

Sudo nano (or vi) /var/log/fr24feed.log

Comment

Via the web config page

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6996[/ATTACH]

Defualt spot is /var/log/fr24feed.log

in which case you:

Sudo nano (or vi) /var/log/fr24feed.log
                  Thanks, I think I managed that. Now waiting for it to fail.
                  (So a theory could be: 'Something' caused fr24feed to fail and restart, but the dump1090 kept running and this causes two instances of dump1090 to compete)

Comment

• indeedy.

Possible

Comment

• For those not checking all new threads. Re the offline Pi-MLAT atm..

All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.

Comment

• New feeding software - Unable to connect

Good evening.
                        Yesterday I switched to the new version of feeding software (1.0.16-11) for ARM (RPi).
                        Instantly, a problem occurred and I haven't been able to solve it since.
                        It seems that feeder is unable to connect to FR24 server. After attempting to connect, it just goes into infinite loop of pings. Also my account says that feed is offline.
                        I checked my all my networking and all is working correctly (no problems with TCP connections, DNS is working, I can ping the server - 83.140.21.66).
                        Also, configuration is successfully downloaded from server. Here is the log (just a screenshot, since anti-spammer won't allow me to post that text):

Screenshot (105).png

In previous versions of feeder, I had no problems.
                        Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaCo View Post
                          Good evening.
                          Yesterday I switched to the new version of feeding software (1.0.16-11) for ARM (RPi).
                          Instantly, a problem occurred and I haven't been able to solve it since.
                          It seems that feeder is unable to connect to FR24 server. After attempting to connect, it just goes into infinite loop of pings. Also my account says that feed is offline.
                          I checked my all my networking and all is working correctly (no problems with TCP connections, DNS is working, I can ping the server - 83.140.21.66).
                          Also, configuration is successfully downloaded from server. Here is the log (just a screenshot, since anti-spammer won't allow me to post that text):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6997[/ATTACH]

In previous versions of feeder, I had no problems.
                          Thanks in advance for any ideas.
                          It is not able to see the right type of data.

You are connecting to a basestation output 30003 when it is configured for AVR - The new feeder accepts different type of data based on what is feeding it.

If it is a DVB stick, you need to chose that as the receiver. If it is to connect to other software like planeplotter etc that is doing the decoding. You need to connect to the raw port of that and specify AVR

May find some relevant info in my new post
                          Feel free to post/discuss suggestions here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...4840#post74840 (http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/9875-Info-Updates-Ammendments-Placeholder?p=74840#post74840) This guide is not to be taken as officially sourced support information. It is contributor-made Information has been repeated many

Comment

It is not able to see the right type of data.

You are connecting to a basestation output 30003 when it is configured for AVR - The new feeder accepts different type of data based on what is feeding it.

If it is a DVB stick, you need to chose that as the receiver. If it is to connect to other software like planeplotter etc that is doing the decoding. You need to connect to the raw port of that and specify AVR

May find some relevant info in my new post
                            You were right.
                            I have been running on this configuration before, so I believed it was correct. What I mistakenly kept passing to fr24feed was port 30003 (default for Basestation) instead of 30005 (default for Beast).
                            Thanks for your help.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaCo View Post
                              You were right.
                              I have been running on this configuration before, so I believed it was correct. What I mistakenly kept passing to fr24feed was port 30003 (default for Basestation) instead of 30005 (default for Beast).
                              Thanks for your help.
                              Sweet. So just to confirm your setup example, what receiver and apps you have running with 30005 output active? (may be helpful to add to the various info threads)

Comment

Sweet. So just to confirm your setup example, what receiver and apps you have running with 30005 output active? (may be helpful to add to the various info threads)
                                I am running dump1090 (mutability fork) on RTL dongle, with --net option activated. In fr24feed I configured receiver selection for option 4 - ModeS Beast and connection type Network connection. Finally I specified IP and port of data feed (default 30005 on dump1090) and disabled all data forwarding options to avoid conflicts with dump1090.

In past, I had to run this configuration due to characteristics of my setup (ADS-B decoder and fr24feeder had to run on separate devices), currently it is mainly due to extended functionality of dump1090-mutability fork compared to FR24 fork.

Comment

Working...
                                X