• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight Radar and PlanePlotter

Hello from Germany and sorry for my terrible English

I am new in this business, OK not really new, I was working in a RADAR
    station for 13,5 years but I am new on FlightRadar & Co

I have the DVBT Dongle from Jetvision (RTl1090 based), promoted by
    FlightRadar24 and I bought PlanePlotter.

I installed on my 64bit Win8.1 PC the rtl1090imu.exe and I can submit data
    through fr24feed.exe to FlightRadar24, if I want to use PlanePlotter I
    have to start rtl1090.exe. (or dump1090.bat) This works also fine.

But I want to submit data to FlightRadar24 (to keep my premium account
    and support the community) and I want to use Planeplotter. but both
    together doesn't work

the config for fr24feed.exe

receiver="dvbt"
    fr24key="EDITED"
    path="mr-dump1090.exe"
    bs="yes"
    raw="yes"
    logmode="2"

In PlanePlotter --> Input/output settings
    I enabled Mode-S/ADS-B --> RTL dongle > RTL1090 (127.0.0.1:30001)
    this works fine with rtl1090.exe

In PlanePlotter
    I enabled Mode-S/ADS-B --> RTL >PC+Dump1090 (127.0.0.1:30005)
    this works fine with dump1090.bat

Maybe I need a step to step instruction to get this running

If I run the fr24feeder as second step the feeder is sending only Pings

Code:
    if I run the fr24 feeder afterwards its sending only Pings, see the log
    below:

2015-06-27 16:04:11 | [main][i]FR24 Feeder/Decoder [0x02107000]
    2015-06-27 16:04:11 | [main][i]Version: 1.0.11-6/generic
    2015-06-27 16:04:11 | [main][i]Built on Jan 29 2015 15:59:23
    (r:284/Windows/i386)
    2015-06-27 16:04:11 | [main][i]Copyright 2008-2015 (c) Piotr Pawluczuk
    2015-06-27 16:04:11 | [main][i]Flightradar24 AB(http : // flightradar24 . com)
    2015-06-27 16:04:11 | [w]Detected --net argument for dump1090, disabling
    internal RAW feed!
    2015-06-27 16:04:11 | [w]Detected --net argument for dump1090, disabling
    internal BS feed!
    2015-06-27 16:04:11 | [main][i]Reader 0 started
    2015-06-27 16:04:11 | [time][i]Synchronizing time via NTP
    2015-06-27 16:04:11 | [reader][i][0]Initializing reader
    2015-06-27 16:04:11 | [reader][i][0]Connecting to Generic receiver via
    (exe://mr-dump1090.exe --raw)
    2015-06-27 16:04:11 | [master][i]Starting processing thread
    2015-06-27 16:04:11 | [httpd][i]Server started, listening on 0.0.0.0:8754
    2015-06-27 16:04:11 | [reader][i][0]Connected to the receiver,
    authenticating
    2015-06-27 16:04:11 | [reader][i][0]Authenticated, processing messages
    2015-06-27 16:04:15 | [time][i]Time synchronized correctly, offset
    +36.0238 seconds
    2015-06-27 16:04:15 | [main][i]Feed Network client started
    2015-06-27 16:04:15 | [feed][i]Downloading configuration
    2015-06-27 16:04:15 | [feed][c]Interval: 5s
    2015-06-27 16:04:15 | [feed][c]Latitude: 48.0500
    2015-06-27 16:04:15 | [feed][c]Longitude: 11.1700
    2015-06-27 16:04:15 | [feed][c]GND: YES
    2015-06-27 16:04:15 | [feed][c]NonADSB: YES
    2015-06-27 16:04:15 | [feed][c]Timestamps: optional
    2015-06-27 16:04:15 | [feed][c]Max range AIR: 350.0nm
    2015-06-27 16:04:15 | [feed][c]Max range GND: 100.0nm
    2015-06-27 16:04:15 | [feed][i]defined 1 server
    2015-06-27 16:04:15 | [feed][n]EDMO39@83.140.21.66:8099/UDP
    2015-06-27 16:04:15 | [feed][n]connecting
    2015-06-27 16:04:15 | [stats][i]Stats thread started
    2015-06-27 16:04:16 | [feed][n]connected
    2015-06-27 16:04:16 | [feed][n]switching to UDP
    2015-06-27 16:04:16 | [feed][n]working
    2015-06-27 16:04:46 | [feed][n]ping 1
    2015-06-27 16:05:16 | [feed][n]ping 2
    2015-06-27 16:05:46 | [feed][n]ping 3
    2015-06-27 16:06:16 | [feed][n]ping 4

Best Regards
    Jens

I think your problem is the same one that hung me up for a while.

If you are using the new/current FR24feed, it loads a version of RTL1090 automatically so if you also load a rtl1090 manually, you will have two of them running and this is not allowed so neither of them work.

If you run the older version of FR24 feed this will not happen. If you use the new version you can not load another and you have to figure out how to set your ports for your other display but in spite of what they say, there is no clear and simple instructions on how to do this so you just putz around till something works or give up.

As you can see from the other thread, that is about where I am at.

Jack,

Marengo, Illinois

Comment

Hi John,

thx for your answer, do you have a donwloadlink for the old version ?
      Does the old version also include the fr24key ?

Don't know why flightradar24 doesn't support this in the feed program by default, for the programmer its as easy as pie but for us feeder we have to figure our several days or give up
      I am playing around since TUE and believe me I have bedder things to do ^^

Please dear FR24 team, find a minute to implement this by default in your feeder

73 de Jens

Comment

Originally posted by Nisbo View Post
        Hi John,

thx for your answer, do you have a donwloadlink for the old version ?
        Does the old version also include the fr24key ?

Don't know why flightradar24 doesn't support this in the feed program by default, for the programmer its as easy as pie but for us feeder we have to figure our several days or give up
        I am playing around since TUE and believe me I have bedder things to do ^^

Please dear FR24 team, find a minute to implement this by default in your feeder

73 de Jens
        Its not for programmers. But as I've pointed out elsewhere you are trying to do doing technical things with at least 3 Programs that all have the same functions. You need to have an understanding of each of these programs individually adding them 1 by 1 to ensure there are no conflicts rather than all at once (like everyone appears to try and leap into) and then trying to work out whats wrong.

The OLD software does nothing but listen to 30003. Which REQUIRES another piece of software to connect to the hardware and decode and output the data. But you then have no local data view or stats. If you don't want stats. Keep using it.

As with most these cases. Pick what order you want to run software and achieve and configure the FR24feed input and PP output accordingly.

FR24Feed.exe can take over the hardware exclusively.
        Planeplotter can take over the hardware exclusively.
        FR24Feed can take decoded data via the network (or other software output)
        Planeplotter can take decoded data via the network (or other software output)
        FR24Feed.exe can output basestation data
        Planeplotter can output basestation data

BOTH CANNOT HAPPEN AT ONCE

You say you are running RTL1090 manually.

If this is the case and you wish to continue to do so as your primary software to connect to the stick - you need to configure fr24feed for AVR TCP so it does NOT connect to the hardware like it is trying to
        Connecting to Generic receiver via
        (exe://mr-dump1090.exe --raw
        )
        Your Planeplotter examples are setup and working.. you need to make FR24feed get the data the same way.
        Last edited by Oblivian; 2015-06-28, 06:36.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

1st thx 4 your answer but for me it sound like if I ask how to change the engine of a car, I get as answer: you have to unplug the wires and remove the screws, in general correct but for a newbie not possible to do.
          What I need is a step by step instruction, like open fr24feed with this command, put in this and change this, open PP, go to ... change this.

OK this sounds like a lot of work if someone want to help but I assume this is only one configuration page at fr24feed (maybe the config.ini) and 2 parts in PP, 1st the setup of the Mode S receiver and the other one is I/O setting page.

What I want is easy, I want
          - submit my data to FR24 with my ID (to keep my premium account and see my online status / stats)
          - use PP to monitor my local data as white a/c and the remote as grey a/c
          - and if possible with fr24feed as primary program so that I can put it to autostart

I read also the other thread about a similar problem and tried the way via AVR (option 4) RTL1090 --> PP --> fr24feed, it look like it was working, at least it locks that fed24 was connected but it was also only sending pings, this was my config for the test, but dont know if the output settings are OK or not, port 7777 was also set up in fr24feed
          PP_2.jpg

But in the other thread someone said that we can configure fr24feed to send the data also to an external program:
          Originally posted by hikeofyourlife View Post
          You can also set up FR24 to control the dongle (choice 1 instead of 4) and then in the output parts of the setup below that, choose a port number for output and set up ADSBScope to use that port in its client side same as you do with RTL1090.
          and this is what I want to do, using fr24feed instead of dump1090 or rtl1090

Comment

Planeplotter I/O is for choosing the type of receiver.

MODE-S Receiver is for configuring what you chose in I/O settings (this is in their manual and online guides - why should FR24 have a massive guide to tell you how to configure someone elses software?)

If you want the explained setup I would put FR24 feed first.

It appears you have it configured for DVBT already. So you need to load each app 1 by 1 and configure to work in order. (Do not load RTL1090 or Dump1090 and ensure they are not running in memory)

Open FR24feed. Configure for DVBT with extra commands of --net (and turn BS and RAW off!!!)
            Confirm you see data appearing in the logs and uploaded.

Close this when it is done.

Open PP. Remove UDP out (you dont need to pass on data at this point) Turn off TCP server (FR24 will take care of this)
            Configure I/O for beast Receiver TCP
            Goto receivers, Beast Receiver TCP set local host:30002 (think AVR TCP will also work)

Open FR24Feed - ensure its seeing aircraft/uploads.

Start Planeplotter, make sure the FR24window says 'new connection detected' - if not, PP is not setup to connect correctly. or --net is not enabled

See. Steps.
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

OK thx for your help, no it works.
              Beast doesn't work but AVR TCP works fine

OK I, here is the complete instruction how to enable it step by step for the RTL1090 Dongle if someone else has the same problem / question

change the content of your fr24feed.ini with this content and replace PUT_IN_YOUR_KEY_HERE with your key
              Code:
              receiver="dvbt"
              fr24key="PUT_IN_YOUR_KEY_HERE"
              path="mr-dump1090.exe"
              bs="no"
              raw="no"
              logmode="2"
              procargs="--net"
              if you dont want to edit the ini file you can also use the config argument for fr24feed, it will do the same but it last longer
              open a command prompt (Windows button --> search / execute / run (German word is "Ausführen") --> put in "cmd" and press ENTER
              cd (change dir) to the location of fr24feed.
              My feeder is located at:
              C:\FlightRadar\fr24feed_win32
              so in this case you have to put in
              Code:
              cd C:\FlightRadar\fr24feed_win32
              and press ENTER

Put in: FR24feed --reconfigure and press ENTER
              this will open the reconfiguration, To terminate - press Ctrl+C at any point

You will be asked:
              Step 4.1 - Receiver selection:
              Code:
               1 - DVBT Stick (USB)
               -----------------------------------------------------
               2 - SBS1, SBS1er or SBS3 (USB/Network)
               3 - ModeS Beast (USB/Network)
               4 - AVR Compatible (DVBT over network, etc)
               5 - microADSB (USB/Network)

put in 1 to select the DVBT Stick

you will be asked:
              Code:
              Step 4.3 - Enter your additional dump1090 arguments or leave empty
              put in: --net

Next 2 questions:
              Code:
              Step 5.1 - Would you like to enable RAW data feed on port 30002 (yes/no)
              Step 5.2 - Would you like to enable Basestation data feed on port 30003 (yes/no)
              answer with no for both

Next question is about the logging
              Code:
              Step 6A - Please select desired logfile mode:
               1 -  Disabled
               2 -  48 hour, 24h rotation
               3 -  72 hour, 24h rotation
              I used option 2, but this is your decision

Code:
              Saving settings to fr24feed.ini...OK
              Settings saved, please start the application again to use new configuration!
              I recommend not to restart the feeder at this point

open the taskmanager (right click on the taskbar) and make sure no feeder is running in the background, if you can find any entries like "Mode A/C/S decoder for RTL Dongles (32 Bit)", select this task and kill it.
              If you want to be save, unplug the stick and plug it in again, if you want to be 100% save (and there are no entries for other receivers in the autostart) reboot your system

Setting Up PlanePlotter,
              start PlanePlotter and make sure that the processing is not started (you see the green bullet in the menu bar, 2nd from the left) if you see a black square like in the next screenshot click on the black square to stop the processing
              go to "Options --> Mode-S receiver --> AVR receiver --> TCP/IP IP client"

PP_3.jpg

and insert: 127.0.0.1:30002

go to "Options --> I/O settings"

PP_4.jpg

and make sure that under "Input data" only "Mode-S/ADS-B" is ticked
              select in the select list "AVR receiver TCP"

PP_5.jpg

close the configuration and if you want to be save close PlanePlotter than if if crashes it will loose the changes.

Start the feeder fr24feed.exe and wait until you will see that the feeder is sending data, you will see something like this
              Code:
              2015-06-27 12:55:50 | [feed][n]working
              2015-06-27 12:55:52 | [feed][i]sent 21 AC in 1 packet
              2015-06-27 12:55:57 | [feed][i]sent 31 AC in 1 packet
              2015-06-27 12:56:02 | [feed][i]sent 35 AC in 1 packet
              Start PlanePlotter and click on the green bullet / button to start the processing

Hopefully this will also work for you

Comment

Sweet. See, not too bad when you think systematic chains and make sure there are no conflicts

There is a new "--net-beast" output mode as per the normal dump1090 batch file, but I didn't want to delve into that.

(from memory this turns on beast format on 30005)
                Last edited by Oblivian; 2015-06-28, 09:27.

Comment

You can also add other clients downstream using 30002 further too. VRS, adsbscope etc etc.

Comment

Looks like you worked it out for PP, Nisbo. Good job. I have no idea how you figured all that out so you are way ahead of me.

I have two questions for you:

1. I have looked at but never have run PP and wonder what it does that is worth paying for.
                    I use ADSBscope for local plotting and FR24 for the rest of the world. I like ADSBscope because it does not require an internet connection unless I want to feed. Furthermore, both programs ,are free.

2. Setting this stuff up is pure guess work for me. The so called "manual" is nearly useless. Question is, how much of what you posted here would apply to something other than PP?

For example, the simple questions asked when first setting up the feed are mostly mysterious and I haven't a clue how to answer them. How did you figure this out?

It boggles me why FR can't make the effort to do what you did instead of just referring VOLUNTEERS to manuals and other web sites.

Any chance of talking you into downloading ADSBscope and working it out?

It's asking a lot but I can't be only only person that has problems with this.

As I said, I have it working just fine with the old version of Feed but I don't get the stats page and that's about the only difference.

If you get the urge, lets talk about it on the ADSBscope thread or email me at k9act@schmidling.com

Thanks,

Jack

Comment

Hi Jack,

I also set up ADSBscope, the programm is a little bit confusing but it works
                      The first part is the same, I mean setting up the FR24feeder so that you provide the data on Port 30002

in ADSBscope you have to configure to receive the raw data on Port 30002 and then start the RAW client, this ist the button on the right of the 3 connection buttons (not the COM port) located in the middle of the menu bar
                      currently I am at work and here I dont have any software installed. I will try to keep it in mind to post my settings if I arrive at home at around 1600 UTC

here is a screenshot

from this page

I am not 100% sure but I think I changed all Ports to 30002, the URL as shown in the picture to 127.0.0.1 and change to the "normal dataformat"
                      after this I started the RAW data client

may be you can try this until I arrive at home, if it still not work I will chack all my settings
                      In the worst case, do you have a DSTAR radio ? or may be a echo link repeater in your area ? DMR is also possible but I dont have a DTMF microfon on my TRX so I am unable to dial.
                      But in this case keep in mind, I am a German and no (english) native speaker

73 de Jens

Comment

Originally posted by k9act View Post
                        It boggles me why FR can't make the effort to do what you did instead of just referring VOLUNTEERS to manuals and other web sites.
                        Does Burger King tell you how to make a McDonalds Big Mac.. They only have an obligation to support the basic use of software they write to get data to their system. What you add to your computer outside of that it is out of their control

And as for referring to volunteers to manuals and other websites. They have given no instructions to me and others attempting to help you. We are doing it off our own back. If you want support that is more appealing than the answers I am giving, mail support and see if they will assist. The forum is not for support, it is a community where people try to assist others.

As I said, I have it working just fine with the old version of Feed but I don't get the stats page and that's about the only difference.
                        I'm still struggling to see how you managed this without some mid-tier software. The original software has NO ability to connect to hardware to do so. It could only listen for local pre-decoded network traffic.

Comment

I think he was talking about the 1st part of my manual, means the steps how to enable the data feed on port 30002 or that it is enabled by default with the info that fr24feed is providing data on this port and that you have to turn off RAW data and G/S data feed. This was for me the most confusing part. And dont forget that FR24 is also "living" (dont know how to translate) from the user input. In my case I send only data to FR24 and dont get data, I get the data from not covered areas from other PP users, so in this case why should I provide data to FR24 ? I hope you understand what I mean, it's not so easy to explain this in an other language with "correct words". Just for clarification: I dont want to blame the team.

For me everything is OK at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                            Does Burger King tell you how to make a McDonalds Big Mac..
                            That's not a very good analogy but not knowing who or what "Oblivion" is I don't know how to answer.

If you work for FR, I would have one answer which I won't bother with. If you are just a super motivated and dedicated volunteer, I would thank you profusely for all your help and apologize if I have offended you.

>The forum is not for support, it is a community where people try to assist others.

Not sure what the distinction is but that is why I am here but happen to be on the receiving end at this point. I was hoping to find someone who is actually running ADBScope with the new feeder and able to provide the setup info I need to get it going correctly.

I am not familiar enough with the vocabulary to just run with generalities, I need specific steps, names and numbers. I will just keep hoping someone comes along with the info or just keep doing what I am doing.

>I'm still struggling to see how you managed this without some mid-tier software. The original software has NO ability to connect to hardware to do so. It could only listen for local pre-decoded network traffic.

Not sure what you mean by mid-tier software but this is basically what I am doing:

1. Load dump1090.bat
                            2. Start ADSBscope, set RDC port (don't have the number in here), enable RDC
                            Scope now plotting local AC.
                            3. Load old FR24 feeder

It now displays red AC on the FR Radar display and indicates local traffic in drop down box.

My Feeder page does not offer (more info) so there are no stats available.

Does this make sense?

All I can do with the new feeder is feed to FR and get the stats but have yet to get it to talk to ADSBscope so it's pretty useless for my interests. I really like my own local display with or without feeding.

Jack

Comment

Hi Jack, here are my Settings

Go to:
                              Others --> Network setup (here you can see also on option to enable the RAW data client, but do this later)
                              adsbSCOPE_1.jpg

made the setup like on the screenshot (I am not sure if you have set the 2 marked ports, I did it and it works ^^)
                              adsbSCOPE_2.jpg

go to:
                              decoder and enable "Beast"
                              adsbSCOPE_3.jpg

go to File and "save as dafault" after this enable the RAW data client
                              adsbSCOPE_4.jpg

of course you have to do the fr24feed configuration before (see my manual) and fr24feed must be started

Thats all what I did

Keep me informed if it works

Comment

Working...
                              X