Feeding Rpi with 2 dongles (dump1090)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeding Rpi with 2 dongles (dump1090)

Hello... I have a raspberry pi (dump1090+FR24) working with one dongle nooelec RTL2832U RTLSDR... I want to buy a second one (NooElec NESDR Mini 2)... Is it possible feeding data (FR24) with 2 dongles at the same time with differents antennas??
    Last edited by vicbeo; 2015-06-17, 22:19.
    Feeder: T-SCTI7

In theory yes, but you set both up carefully. Some do this to combine directional airport ground traffic.

In general to stop errors you need to set up a primary and secondary install of some decoding software - Dump1090 for instance, this captures data direct from USB1. The other captures from USB2 but sends that data to D1090 #1 client input

FR24 is then fed combined data from #1
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I was reading dump1090 --help ... and there is a command

--device-index <index> Select RTL device (default: 0)

2015-06-17_20-02-54.jpg

With your answer, I remembered this command rtl_test -t ... once installed the second dongle may I activate knowing the device number (rtl_test -t).

Thank you Oblivian!

Comment

Mix the feeds using modesmixer and then use that source to feed fr24 feeder

Comment

Originally posted by giacomo892 View Post
          Mix the feeds using modesmixer and then use that source to feed fr24 feeder
          Thank you !

Comment

Working...
          X