X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help

Hey all,

Need some help.
    Today installed my dvdb-t tuner into my usb of windows and installed the drivers using zadig.
    Check all good

Then loaded rtl1090 software and started it and all good. I can see the information of flights local to me decoded on rtl1090.
    I also opened tcp port 30003 in config

Then I installed the flightradar feed software and installed that got my sharing key and set it up to use my dvdb-t usb stick.
    Now when I installed it, it works but only when rtl1090 software is turned off.

i.e. I cannot run both rtl1090 and fr24feed together as when I do the fr24feed keeps showing ping and when I go to my flightradar account it keeps saying offline.
    However, run the fr24feed software by itself and it works and I can see online that I am uploading data.

Is this normal behavior cause I followed the guides and I was under the impression you could use rtl1090 to output on tcp port 30003 and the fr24feed would pick up the packets and upload it to flightradar24 server...

Any ideas and apologies if posted in wrong place?

Yes, the _new_ FR24 feed software is stand-alone. It runs a simple version of rtl1090 in the background to do the decoding. And you don't need to run anything else (unless you wish to visualise with Virtual Radar Server etc)

The older uploader listens on 30003 and uploads.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      Yes, the _new_ FR24 feed software is stand-alone. It runs a simple version of rtl1090 in the background to do the decoding. And you don't need to run anything else (unless you wish to visualise with Virtual Radar Server etc)

The older uploader listens on 30003 and uploads.
      Many thnx for the quick reply.
      Is there any chance to use the old software(can't find a link to try it) as I would like to see the flight info in the rtl1090 software whilst uploading it to the fr24feed or is there a way to use the fr24feed and see what rtl1090 is seeing?

Sorry for the noob questions but really excited with it all.

Comment

Have found a mini solution for the time being (may be helpful to other new users)

Go into your browser whilst running f24feed and type in localhost:8754/tracked.html

Here you should see the flight info detail similar to the rtl1090 software.
        It's not perfect but at least you can now see what you are uploading.
        Hope this helps others

Edit: Please see my post at windows software as to some feedback for new users.
        Last edited by Paolo12; 2015-06-04, 02:01.

Comment

Working...
        X