Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rasperry Pi 2 with Dump1090 feed both FR24 and Flightaware?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rasperry Pi 2 with Dump1090 feed both FR24 and Flightaware?

    Title says it all, is it possible to feed FlightRadar24 and Piaware from the same Raspberry Pi 2 running Dump1090?

    That would be awesome if it was, I would like to contribute to both!

  • #2
    yes its what im current are doing.

    Comment


    • #3
      Can you provide a bit more information on how you went about this??

      What software installed, etc.?

      Comment


      • #4
        yes, it works !
        Feeder: T-SCTI7

        Comment


        • #5
          Bump!

          Is anyone going to answer the question zryder94 asked, instead of "yes it works" please?

          I assume zryder94 has the flightaware .img written to his SD Card but want's to feed FR24 as well. I doubt he'll need to install either the .deb or .tzg file.

          What FR24feeder file would be required to additionally load onto their SD Card?

          I would be interested to know too, as I may do the same.

          Thanks in advance.
          T-EGBB16

          Hardware: NooElec DVB-T2 Dongle, Raspi Pi2 Mod B, 6dB Collinear Antenna, Nevis Pre-Amp & 1090mhz SAW Filter, 9mtrs WF100 Cable and 28ft Mast.
          Software: Rasbain Jessie Lite, FR24 Feeder, Dump1090mutab and VRS.
          Stats for Mar 18, 2016. Uptime:100%. Aircraft seen:2,012. Positions Reported:486,817. Maximum Distance:243nm (Stats provided by FR24)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Responder View Post
            Bump!

            Is anyone going to answer the question zryder94 asked, instead of "yes it works" please?

            I assume zryder94 has the flightaware .img written to his SD Card but want's to feed FR24 as well. I doubt he'll need to install either the .deb or .tzg file.

            What FR24feeder file would be required to additionally load onto their SD Card?

            I would be interested to know too, as I may do the same.

            Thanks in advance.
            He was only asked if it's possible or not so the answer is yes, for more information to given I first need know what configuration he have actuality.

            Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • #7
              You noticed those less than helpful responses too?

              I am in the situation right now as well. I just finished building my 1st RPi and choose to start by installing PiAware as it seemed the most complete and therefore the simplest route.

              I got Dump1090 and the FlightAware feeder up and running painlessly. Once that was done I then added the feeder for PlaneFinder by following the instructions they provided and that process was completely painless. Literally had the PlaneFinder feed going in about 10 minutes. Both of these have been up and running for a couple of days now without issue. In fact I looking at the PlaneFinder Client on another screen as I compose this reply.

              Now, the instructions provided by fr24 do in fact state that a deb must be installed. In my case that would be "fr24feed_1.0.13-2_armv7l.deb"

              I did so but that is where I ran into issues. Once installed I keep getting "Failed" when I run a status on fr24feed. I thought it might be a config issue so I tried running the config again but for whatever reason, it fails to write the config file. Additionally, although the instructions state that the log file should be at /var/log/fr24feed.log, no such file or directory exists.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by agardk View Post
                You noticed those less than helpful responses too?

                I am in the situation right now as well. I just finished building my 1st RPi and choose to start by installing PiAware as it seemed the most complete and therefore the simplest route.

                I got Dump1090 and the FlightAware feeder up and running painlessly. Once that was done I then added the feeder for PlaneFinder by following the instructions they provided and that process was completely painless. Literally had the PlaneFinder feed going in about 10 minutes. Both of these have been up and running for a couple of days now without issue. In fact I looking at the PlaneFinder Client on another screen as I compose this reply.

                Now, the instructions provided by fr24 do in fact state that a deb must be installed. In my case that would be "fr24feed_1.0.13-2_armv7l.deb"

                I did so but that is where I ran into issues. Once installed I keep getting "Failed" when I run a status on fr24feed. I thought it might be a config issue so I tried running the config again but for whatever reason, it fails to write the config file. Additionally, although the instructions state that the log file should be at /var/log/fr24feed.log, no such file or directory exists.
                Hi agardk,

                I have done mine and am now feeding Flightaware and FR24 at the same time.

                Quick question, did you copy the Flightaware Image for Pi to your SD Card? Let me know and I'll continue with exactly how I done mine :-)
                T-EGBB16

                Hardware: NooElec DVB-T2 Dongle, Raspi Pi2 Mod B, 6dB Collinear Antenna, Nevis Pre-Amp & 1090mhz SAW Filter, 9mtrs WF100 Cable and 28ft Mast.
                Software: Rasbain Jessie Lite, FR24 Feeder, Dump1090mutab and VRS.
                Stats for Mar 18, 2016. Uptime:100%. Aircraft seen:2,012. Positions Reported:486,817. Maximum Distance:243nm (Stats provided by FR24)

                Comment


                • #9
                  No, as I said, I started with the PiAware image then added PlaneFinder and the installed the FR deb

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by agardk View Post
                    No, as I said, I started with the PiAware image then added PlaneFinder and the installed the FR deb
                    Well, I tried the .deb file and it never worked for me. So, I went the Piaware image way and as you have that image installed, here's what you need to do.

                    First of all. Find and write down your FR24 Key - You'll find this in the FR24Feed.key file - open the file with Notepad.

                    Then, go to this link in Flightaware discussions http://discussions.flightaware.com/a...re-t19956.html

                    Go to the very first message and press on his link. From the new opened page, just follow his commands on your Pi, enter your FR24key (prompted for Station Key) and all should work perfectly after reboot command :-)

                    Good luck :-)
                    Last edited by Responder; 2015-05-31, 19:26.
                    T-EGBB16

                    Hardware: NooElec DVB-T2 Dongle, Raspi Pi2 Mod B, 6dB Collinear Antenna, Nevis Pre-Amp & 1090mhz SAW Filter, 9mtrs WF100 Cable and 28ft Mast.
                    Software: Rasbain Jessie Lite, FR24 Feeder, Dump1090mutab and VRS.
                    Stats for Mar 18, 2016. Uptime:100%. Aircraft seen:2,012. Positions Reported:486,817. Maximum Distance:243nm (Stats provided by FR24)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Responder View Post

                      Go to the very first message and press on his link. From the new opened page, just follow his commands on your Pi, enter your FR24key (prompted for Station Key) and all should work perfectly after reboot command :-)
                      Well, this seems to have gotten me part of the way there. I followed those directions and got the RPi to feed FR24 but....

                      you knew there had to be a "but"...

                      only until I reboot the RPi. For whatever reason fr24feed does not seem to be starting automatically on a device restart.

                      Also, I have not found teh command to start it manually. I have to keep running "sudo ./install.sh" to getit to start up.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X