Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raspberry Pi:How To Install Raspian OS + Dump1090 + FR24 Data Feeder

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    More like every 3 seconds. Stats may only show by the hour

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Thank you
    T-EDDT38

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      More like every 3 seconds. Stats may only show by the hour
      every 5 seconds on Raspberry Pi, not 3. is it?

      Comment


      • #33
        "No supported RTLSDR devices found" how to fix ?
        Mode-s receiver.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
          The step by step is now kind of defunct. There is an automated script that does the work for you

          sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - xxxx://repo.feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)"
          Hi .
          I'm new here and a little confused about setting up a feed to FR24. Let's say I have a clean NOOBS installation (no Dump 1090 etc) on my Raspberry Pi3, all I have to do is to type sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - xxxx://repo.feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)" /xxxx for http as I can't post links/ and the script will take care of all the settings ? Or should I install PiAware instead of NOOBS ?

          Thanks for answers.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by alex_mason View Post
            Hi .
            I'm new here and a little confused about setting up a feed to FR24. Let's say I have a clean NOOBS installation (no Dump 1090 etc) on my Raspberry Pi3, all I have to do is to type sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - xxxx://repo.feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)" /xxxx for http as I can't post links/ and the script will take care of all the settings ? Or should I install PiAware instead of NOOBS ?

            Thanks for answers.
            Yes.

            And it makes no difference. Both are aware of each other during setup
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
              The step by step is now kind of defunct. There is an automated script that does the work for you

              sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - http://repo.feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)"
              Thanks for pointing out. Updated the method today (May 20, 2016). Please see the first post on page 1.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                Yes.

                And it makes no difference. Both are aware of each other during setup
                Thanks, will try it out when my Pi arrives from China :-)

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                  Thanks for pointing out. Updated the method today (May 20, 2016). Please see the first post on page 1.
                  The long method is still valid for anyone wanting to customise the Dump1090 edition. I think the packaged script is still their modified code version of -MR by default. But it does support a normal edition too if installed separately
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                    The step by step is now kind of defunct. There is an automated script that does the work for you

                    sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - http://repo.feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)"
                    I previously had issues with fr24 and.their version dump1090 not playing nicely with other sites. I have since wiped my Pi and reinstalled dump1090 manually. If I do the scripted setup with it install dump1090 again or just the.client.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by andrewh_85 View Post
                      I previously had issues with fr24 and.their version dump1090 not playing nicely with other sites. I have since wiped my Pi and reinstalled dump1090 manually. If I do the scripted setup with it install dump1090 again or just the.client.
                      Not entirely sure. It puts them into different folders, and its able to find if you gave FAs install and use dump1090 running. So I would like to think so.

                      Give it a shot, its only a matter of adjusting the commandline in the config page to the running 1090 port if it tries to load it instead
                      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by andrewh_85 View Post
                        I previously had issues with fr24 and.their version dump1090 not playing nicely with other sites. I have since wiped my Pi and reinstalled dump1090 manually. If I do the scripted setup with it install dump1090 again or just the.client.
                        My system is working trouble free.

                        I first installed Raspian Jessi Lite.

                        Then manually installed dump1090-mutability.

                        Then manually installed following data feeders:
                        1. Flightradar24 data feeder by following bash command:
                          sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - http://repo.feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)"

                          Since I have already installed dump1090-mutability, the Flightradar24 bash script found it and did not install fr24 version of dump1090. It installed only the data feeder.

                        2. Flightaware data feeder as per instructions on their site.

                        3. Planefinder data feeder as per instructions on their site.


                        The version of dump1090 I installed is dump1090-mutability v1.15~dev due to its enhanced functionality, compared to the vanila dump1090 (Malcom Robson).

                        Recently I have posted the step by step method to install dump1090-mutability v1.15~dev here:

                        How to Install dump1090-mutability_1.15~dev on RPi

                        .
                        Last edited by abcd567; 2016-05-24, 05:48.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                          My system is working trouble free.

                          I first installed Raspian Jessi Lite.

                          Then manually installed dump1090-mutability.

                          Then manually installed following data feeders:
                          1. Flightradar24 data feeder by following bash command:
                            sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - http://repo.feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)"

                            Since I have already installed dump1090-mutability, the Flightradar24 bash script found it and did not install fr24 version of dump1090. It installed only the data feeder.

                          2. Flightaware data feeder as per instructions on their site.

                          3. Planefinder data feeder as per instructions on their site.


                          The version of dump1090 I installed is dump1090-mutability v1.15~dev due to its enhanced functionality, compared to the vanila dump1090 (Malcom Robson).

                          Recently I have posted the step by step method to install dump1090-mutability v1.15~dev here:

                          How to Install dump1090-mutability_1.15~dev on RPi

                          .
                          Ran the script and its installed but having issues I think with the port as its not showing any aircraft.

                          I have the Malcolm Robb version of Dump and currently feed adsbexchange and 360radar which work fine.

                          pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo service dump1090 status
                          ● dump1090.service - LSB: dump1090 initscript
                          Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/dump1090.sh)
                          Active: active (running) since Mon 2016-05-23 12:17:04 UTC; 22h ago
                          CGroup: /system.slice/dump1090.service
                          └─435 ./dump1090 --quiet --net --net-ro-size 500 --net-ro-rate 5 -...

                          May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi dump1090.sh[399]: dump1090 started
                          May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi dump1090.sh[399]: Found 1 device(s):
                          May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi dump1090.sh[399]: 0: Realtek, RTL2838UHIDIR, SN:...)
                          May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi dump1090.sh[399]: Found Rafael Micro R820T tuner
                          May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started LSB: dump1090 initscript.
                          May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi dump1090.sh[399]: Max available gain is: 49.60
                          May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi dump1090.sh[399]: Setting gain to: 49.60
                          May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi dump1090.sh[399]: Exact sample rate is: 2000000....z
                          May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi dump1090.sh[399]: Gain reported by device: 49.60
                          Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.
                          pi@raspberrypi:~ $ service fr24feed status
                          ● fr24feed.service - LSB: Flightradar24 Decoder & Feeder
                          Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/fr24feed)
                          Active: active (running) since Tue 2016-05-24 10:23:06 UTC; 8min ago
                          Process: 7369 ExecStop=/etc/init.d/fr24feed stop (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
                          Process: 7396 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/fr24feed start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
                          CGroup: /system.slice/fr24feed.service
                          └─7413 /usr/bin/fr24feed -- --monitor-file=/dev/shm/fr24feed.txt --write-p...

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by andrewh_85 View Post
                            Ran the script and its installed but having issues I think with the port as its not showing any aircraft.

                            I have the Malcolm Robb version of Dump and currently feed adsbexchange and 360radar which work fine.

                            pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo service dump1090 status
                            ● dump1090.service - LSB: dump1090 initscript
                            Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/dump1090.sh)
                            Active: active (running) since Mon 2016-05-23 12:17:04 UTC; 22h ago
                            CGroup: /system.slice/dump1090.service
                            └─435 ./dump1090 --quiet --net --net-ro-size 500 --net-ro-rate 5 -...

                            May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi dump1090.sh[399]: dump1090 started
                            May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi dump1090.sh[399]: Found 1 device(s):
                            May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi dump1090.sh[399]: 0: Realtek, RTL2838UHIDIR, SN:...)
                            May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi dump1090.sh[399]: Found Rafael Micro R820T tuner
                            May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started LSB: dump1090 initscript.
                            May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi dump1090.sh[399]: Max available gain is: 49.60
                            May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi dump1090.sh[399]: Setting gain to: 49.60
                            May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi dump1090.sh[399]: Exact sample rate is: 2000000....z
                            May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi dump1090.sh[399]: Gain reported by device: 49.60
                            Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.
                            pi@raspberrypi:~ $ service fr24feed status
                            ● fr24feed.service - LSB: Flightradar24 Decoder & Feeder
                            Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/fr24feed)
                            Active: active (running) since Tue 2016-05-24 10:23:06 UTC; 8min ago
                            Process: 7369 ExecStop=/etc/init.d/fr24feed stop (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
                            Process: 7396 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/fr24feed start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
                            CGroup: /system.slice/fr24feed.service
                            └─7413 /usr/bin/fr24feed -- --monitor-file=/dev/shm/fr24feed.txt --write-p...
                            As long as its live, set your feeder config to AVR(TCP) and localhost:30002 (assuming the default raw out on 30002 is active) not DVBT or similar itll go.
                            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                              As long as its live, set your feeder config to AVR(TCP) and localhost:30002 (assuming the default raw out on 30002 is active) not DVBT or similar itll go.
                              That sorted it thanks oblivian

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Hey everyone! So, this week arrived for me the ProStick from FlightAware that they sent me for free, today I installed him in my Rpi system (T-SBCT5) and, after install the hardware part, I decided to do a new and clean instalation of the system. So I took off the SD card, donwload the Raspbian Jessie and install again. The problem is, I did the manual setup (as always) using the DUMP1090 mutability, and, after the configuration of the dump, when i ask for the Status, i receive the message "Active (Exited)" and not "Active(Running)" as was! And the system is not working! Like, if i got to the xxx.xxx.x.xxx:8080 says that "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED"! Any ideas?

                                Sem título.png
                                T-SBCT5/T-SBCT6

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X