Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 decoder/feeder BETA testing (Win/RPi/Linux/OSX)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I started using an external package of dump1090 instead of the one included with the feeder (Win 7 with a dongle). When trying to open the "Web Status/Config" page from the tray icon I get a page with empty parameters although the feeder is working and feeding (snapshot included). If I'm changing only the "path=" parameter in the config file to load the included mr-dump1090.exe executable, this page is working okay (with same executable parameters).

fr24.png
    F-LLBG3, T-LLBG17

Comment

• I noticed there is a new RPi version today (1.0.11-3) - just wondered if there was any notes or changelog?
      toString - London, UK
      FR24 - T-EGLC55 / PiAware - toString / PlaneFinder - 9008
      Raspberry Pi B+ | Keedox DVB-T USB RTL-SDR [RTL2832U+R820T] | Stock Antenna

Comment

• I was updating other platforms, that's why I haven't managed to post here yet.

Anyway, this build includes a time jumping issue fix,, hopefully! As well as a squawk behaviour fix that prevents a momentarily squawk change being sent over and over again. It's available for all platforms except for OSX,, which will get it a bit later. There's now a new build for ARMv7l devices.

@eshabi please send your config file to support@fr24.com, it will be forwarded to me.

Comment

• site error: "not found"

Page http://feed.flightradar24.com/windows/
          When clicking on "fr24feed_win32-1.0.11-3.zip" a "404 - Not Found" appears.

Comment

• Wrong file name, fixed now.

Comment

• I got everything running nicely the normal way (regular dump1090 + fr24feed_arm-rpi_242) including upstart script etc, then I discovered this post, thought I had wasted my time with all the previous work, but I figured I would give this beta a go, I have no problems with trying to be compliant when feeding data the likes of this... But I found I could not use the --net option for either of the 2 versions of dump1090 ... I still like to see what my gear is receiving but it just wouldn't start... I did test to see whether it was the versions of dump1090 that were the problem, but they worked normally, it was only when combined with the new feeder exe... Let me know if you need specific logs etc..

Regards,
              Cameron
              T-YBBN50 - Kallangur, QLD, Australia

Comment

• Originally posted by piopawlu View Post
                @eshabi please send your config file to support@fr24.com, it will be forwarded to me.
                Config file sent.
                F-LLBG3, T-LLBG17

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaal View Post
                  But I found I could not use the --net option for either of the 2 versions of dump1090 ...
                  You can use the "--net" option but you must disable "basestation" and "raw" output in the fr24feed. It's mentioned in the manual and a few times in this thread. The problem is that the --net option duplicates the data feeds services.

Comment

• I found the cause for my problem. I was using the default Windows folder separator '\' instead of '/' with the configuration file's "path=" parameter.
                    F-LLBG3, T-LLBG17

Comment

• My apologies piopawlu, I read the installation section, but perhaps not well enough. Will go back and try it again tonight. Thank you!
                      T-YBBN50 - Kallangur, QLD, Australia

Comment

• @eshabi I will fix that in the next release, it should work with both / and \
                        @bhaal No worries, it's on my todo list to autodetect --net parameters and prevent duplication...

Comment

• It is possible that last windows version blocks system shutdown? I have a headless setup so I can't see what happens when I try to power off. Maybe some alert windows?

Comment

• Blocking or just slowing it down? There's now a CTRL_CLOSE_EVENT handler that tries to perform a clean shutdown when somebody clicks on the [x] button rather than terminating it via context menu, but it should not block the shutdown. The app would be killed off after a few seconds anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by piopawlu View Post
                              Blocking or just slowing it down? There's now a CTRL_CLOSE_EVENT handler that tries to perform a clean shutdown when somebody clicks on the [x] button rather than terminating it via context menu, but it should not block the shutdown. The app would be killed off after a few seconds anyway.
                              I have waited maybe 30 seconds after pressing the button and the pc was still on... Without a monitor i can't see.

Comment

• How about using Remote Desktop Access?

Comment

Working...
                                X