Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 decoder/feeder BETA testing (Win/RPi/Linux/OSX)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by piopawlu View Post
    Please send me a PM or email with your .ini file.. it should work just fine, I have multiple parameters in my test setup.
    You may need to publish your email address as Personal Messaging (PM) is disabled on this forum.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• True.. he did find my email elsewhere,, but I'd rather avoid direct emails form the forum We will take it via support next time there's a need for that.

The problem is that when using "--net" you cannot enable basestation (30003) and raw (30002) output from fr24feed as it conflicts with dump1090 also trying to open those ports. I will make fr24feed detect this switch in the command line and warn about that.

Comment

• I'm testing the windows version.

Things i noticed:
        - if feed24 is started before (or at the same time) dump1090 it crashes
        - internal web server doesn't work
        - even if logging is enabled no log file is written

Comment

• Thanks for your feedback!

1. It could be network port conflicts in case you enable RAW/BS and you have --net in dump1090
          2. What is your Windows version? It does work under XP/8.1, unless you mean the dump1090 http which should also work btw...
          3. This is a know limitation right now, will be addressed later.

Comment

• In the RPi version where is the config file please? (I'm a bit rusty with linux)

Jay (T-EGCC125)
            James Lazzari BSc (Hons)
            T-EGCC125
            http://www.ukjay.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by ukjay View Post
              In the RPi version where is the config file please?
              /etc/fr24feed.ini

Comment

Thanks for your feedback!

1. It could be network port conflicts in case you enable RAW/BS and you have --net in dump1090
                2. What is your Windows version? It does work under XP/8.1, unless you mean the dump1090 http which should also work btw...
                3. This is a know limitation right now, will be addressed later.
                1. I have --net enabled, but raw and bs disabled on fr24feed.
                this is my ini:
                receiver="avr-tcp"
                fr24key="xxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
                host="127.0.0.1:30002"
                bs="no"
                raw="no"
                logmode="1"

2. Windows XP and i mean the fr24feed internal web server on port 8754... it just timeout.

Comment

/etc/fr24feed.ini
                  Thanks Piotr
                  James Lazzari BSc (Hons)
                  T-EGCC125
                  http://www.ukjay.co.uk

Comment

The problem is that when using "--net" you cannot enable basestation (30003) and raw (30002) output from fr24feed as it conflicts with dump1090 also trying to open those ports. I will make fr24feed detect this switch in the command line and warn about that.

Thanks Piotr, changing the ini setting for Raw and BS to "No" and then adding the "--net --net-http-port 8082" fixed the problem so I now have the feeds AND http site.
                    Michael
                    Palmerston North,
                    New Zealand
                    ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

We actually did release the Windows build if that's what you are looking for,, just didn't announce it very much as it hasn't gotten that much testing:

http://feed.flightradar24.com/windows/
                      All working well with Windows 2008 Server. Just a couple of comments.

I never seen my radar show up in FR2, which did show up occasionally with the original feeder.

Maybe it's time to update the first post in this thread with the latest release?

Cheers YSCB8
                      Last edited by YSCB8; 2014-11-21, 12:31.

Comment

• I've updated the first post.. thanks!

1. What was the error message when you tried to use your previous key? It seems like it was about the incorrect email if it let you register once again,, using different email address I suppose?

2. Whether your code shows up or not is very difficult to determine, we will be working on improving the stats page so you can really see how your receiver is performing, ideally in real time.

Piotr

Comment

• 1. What was the error message when you tried to use your previous key?
                          Sorry I can't remember.

It seems like it was about the incorrect email if it let you register once again,, using different email address I suppose?
                          It's possible I tried the wrong email address. I managed to get it working with my original details by editing the ini file.

2. Whether your code shows up or not is very difficult to determine, we will be working on improving the stats page so you can really see how your receiver is performing, ideally in real time.
                          That sounds great! BTW, your guys are going a fantastic job with this and the updated site (though even the old one was cool too )

Thanks for the reply piopawlu
                          Cheers YSCB8

Comment

• Today the feeder doesn't work: this is what i get
                            [feed][n]ping 1
                            [feed][n]ping 2
                            etc.
                            My configuration is not changed in any way.

Comment

• Originally posted by YSCB8 View Post
                              Sorry I can't remember.

It's possible I tried the wrong email address. I managed to get it working with my original details by editing the ini file.

That sounds great! BTW, your guys are going a fantastic job with this and the updated site (though even the old one was cool too )

Thanks for the reply piopawlu
                              Cheers YSCB8
                              Ok, I found the problem with my sharing key, it had a "+" on the end, once I removed that all was well.

Comment

• Originally posted by awg View Post
                                Today the feeder doesn't work: this is what i get
                                [feed][n]ping 1
                                [feed][n]ping 2
                                etc.
                                My configuration is not changed in any way.
                                This usually means that there is no traffic or the receiver raw data stream was interrupted. Is the dump1090 that you run standalone giving any data?

Comment

Working...
                                X