Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 decoder/feeder BETA testing (Win/RPi/Linux/OSX)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry Pi beta build uses almost the double of CPU compared to dump1090 and fr24feeder.

Which is the sample rate of the DVB-T dongle used by the beta?

Comment

• Originally posted by tintin View Post
      Hi, the link to the OSX fr24feed is broken. Please fix asap as I lost my local copy. I cannot upload anymore.
      Link fixed.
      Originally posted by giacomo892
      Raspberry Pi beta build uses almost the double of CPU compared to dump1090 and fr24feeder.

Which is the sample rate of the DVB-T dongle used by the beta?
      We are making last changes before releasing the next testing version.
      It will use dump1090 externally, using its RAW stream output, allowing you either to run it side by side or "hidden" with your own parameters.

Comment

• Originally posted by piopawlu View Post
        Link fixed.
        Thanks... but when I try to run the app I get following error:

dyld: Symbol not found: __ZN8cSBS1TcpD1Ev
        Referenced from: fr24feed
        Expected in: flat namespace
        in fr24feed
        Trace/BPT trap: 5

Comment

• Originally posted by Amper View Post
          Mike didn't develop any software and still has some answers. At least he can ask developer (piopawlu). I don't see your point.
          Should I ask on radarplotter forum question about fr24 feeder sw?
          I have not tested the "puck" and therefore can't answer your question at this point. I will try to answer your question as soon as possible.

How do you connect to it using other software? What software supports it?

Comment

• There is now a Raspberry-Pi Debian package that includes startup wizard, precompiled dependencies and everything needed to start sharing on a fresh RPi installation. For DVBT it uses external dump1090 (included in the package) but can work with your own version of dump1090 as a network client if you are not happy with the default dump1090 performance.

There will be some polishing and making it better coming up soon, as well as builds for other platforms, but we would like to ask you to give it a go and send some feedback.

Comment

• Is it possible to start dump1090 with --net ? I can't find the way

Comment

I have not tested the "puck" and therefore can't answer your question at this point. I will try to answer your question as soon as possible.

How do you connect to it using other software? What software supports it?
                Tnx for answer.

I connect puck to windows laptop via USB and using Kinetic SBS Bastation software

Screenshot_1.png
                For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• Originally posted by giacomo892 View Post
                  Is it possible to start dump1090 with --net ? I can't find the way
                  Assuming that you are talking about RaspberryPi package, you could override the dump1090 path and effectively command by editing the /etc/fr24feed.ini file and adding/modifying the path value to:

Code:
                  path="/usr/lib/fr24/dump1090 --net"
                  Please make sure to disable "raw" option as it will cause port usage conflicts otherwise.

Comment

Assuming that you are talking about RaspberryPi package, you could override the dump1090 path and effectively command by editing the /etc/fr24feed.ini file and adding/modifying the path value to:

Code:
                    path="/usr/lib/fr24/dump1090 --net"
                    Please make sure to disable "raw" option as it will cause port usage conflicts otherwise.
                    There is no webgui packet with fr24 dump1090

Error opening HTML file: No such file or directory

Comment

• We have included the "original" dump1090 utility that does not have the HTTP service in it. If you feel like this would make it better we can replace it with the MalcolmRobb's fork https://github.com/MalcolmRobb/dump1090? However, it's very easy to use your own dump1090 if you have it. Again, editing the path in /etc/fr24feed.ini.

Comment

We have included the "original" dump1090 utility that does not have the HTTP service in it. If you feel like this would make it better we can replace it with the MalcolmRobb's fork https://github.com/MalcolmRobb/dump1090? However, it's very easy to use your own dump1090 if you have it. Again, editing the path in /etc/fr24feed.ini.
                        I've done that. My version of dump1090 (working standalone) refuses to start if invoked by fr24. FIXED..

Dunno why I still get Error opening HTML file: No such file or directory even if i'm using mine dump1090 and --net --net-http-port 8080 --net-bind-address 0.0.0.0

EDIT 2:

LOL OMG!

FIXED copying the public_html on /

Any ideas??

PS: MalcomRobb versions seems to be more cured then the original one.
                        Last edited by giacomo892; 2014-10-29, 18:54.

Comment

• It is probably the working directory that is the issue.. I will test that today and make a fix.

Edit:

Released 1.0.1 that uses binary path for its working directory, should solve the public_html issue.

Comment

It is probably the working directory that is the issue.. I will test that today and make a fix.

Edit:

Released 1.0.1 that uses binary path for its working directory, should solve the public_html issue.
                            Thumbs up for this fast fix!

Comment

• Time to start making a plugin for SDR# (sdrsharp.com). The Airspy (airspy.com) will be available soon.
                              If you make an ADS-B plugin for SDR# with the option to share data on flightradar24.com, a lot of people could use it. (Also with RTLSDR of course.)

ADSB# will probably be updated to work with the airspy one day, but this is not the creator's priority at all.
                              So if you work together, we all benefit. This is just a suggestion, but it would be very wise if you did.

If you are interested, the creator of sdr# and adsb# can show, and if needed explain, you the API of SDR#.
                              Again this is just an idea, but letting go of politics can get you a long way.

Comment

• Request for additional functionality - version print out

Request for additional functionality - version print out

It would be really nice to have a means of determining what version of fr24feed is installed. Something like:

# fr24feed --version
                                1.0.2-1
                                #

Comment

Working...
                                X