Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 decoder/feeder BETA testing (Win/RPi/Linux/OSX)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't run both RTL1090 and Dump1090 accessing the same USB device at once anyway. Port numbers will be adjustable, but you will never be able to share a USB device between apps.

Comment

Hello

I can't connect. Why?????

Thanks in advance.

c:\fr24feed>fr24feed.exe --receiver=dvbt --bs=yes --raw=yes --fr24key=----------------
      [main][i]FR24 Decoder [0x02101000]
      [main][i]Built on May 26 2014 15:29:11 (r:284/Windows/i386)
      [main][i]Copyright 2008-2014 (c) Piotr Pawluczuk, Flightradar24 AB ( http://flightradar24.com )
      [main][i]Reader 0 started
      [master][i]Starting processing thread
      [reader][i][0]Initializing reader
      [reader][i][0]Connecting to Generic receiver via (dvbt://local)
      [bs][i]Initializing server
      [main][i]Socket server started
      [main][i]Feed Network client started
      [main][i]RAW data server started
      [feed][i]Downloading configuration
      [raw][i]Initializing server
      [bs][i]Starting server on *:30003
      [raw][i]Starting server on *:30002
      [dvbt][i]Found 1 device(s):
      [dvbt][i]0: Realtek, RTL2838UHIDIR, SN: 00000001 (currently selected)
      Found Elonics E4000 tuner
      [dvbt][i]Using automatic gain control.
      Exact sample rate is: 2000000.052982 Hz
      [dvbt][i]Gain reported by device: 0.00
      [reader][i][0]Connected to the receiver, authenticating
      [reader][i][0]Authenticated, processing messages
      [feed][c]Interval: 5s
      [feed][c]Latitude: 36.4400
      [feed][c]Longitude: -6.2100
      [feed][c]GND: YES
      [feed][c]NonADSB: YES
      [feed][i]defined 1 server
      [i][stats]Stats thread started
      [feed][n]XXXXX@8-.1--.2-.6-:80--/UDP
      [feed][n]connecting
      [feed][e]Could not connect!
      [feed][n]Error: Could not connect!
      [feed][n]waiting 11 seconds
      [feed][n]connecting
      [feed][n]waiting 17 seconds
      [feed][n]connecting
      [feed][n]waiting 24 seconds
      [feed][n]connecting
      [feed][n]waiting 25 seconds

Comment

Seems to be working well for me with my Pi and cheap dongle. I have yet to see any squawk data sent through though.
        Also I am seeing the CPU usage of my PI up around 95% all the time with the fr24feed process taking virtually all of this. I haven't run side-by-sides with my previous solutions to compare though.
        Last edited by scarymonkey; 2014-06-14, 22:28.

Comment

@ea7hj: Seems like firewall or ISP restrictions, will try to get you on TCP and different port, please contact me and tell me your feed code.

Comment

Working!!!!

I had a twin installation

Thanks.

Comment

@piopawlu
              This is great, I have it working on a headless Win XPe (embedded) thin client... probably not as efficient at a RaspPi, but it was free.
              T-CYSJ1 || VirtualRadar

Comment

There's now a beta build for Mac OSX, at this point it requires external libs that you need to install yourself. The final build will be a bundle including all the dependencies.

Comment

Hi piopawlu,

Just saw your post regarding a new beta feeder for Windows and thought I'd give it ago, being as though I have been feeding to FR24 for over a year or so now and everything has been working perfectly.

However, installing the beta version and adding my feeder key where stated. I ran the .bat file and this is what happens and am unable to run the FR24.exe file.
                  startfeederbat.jpg

What am I doing wrong, if anything? It makes reference to RTL-SDR.Rules but then says "No Error"

Regards,
                  T-EGBB16

Hardware: NooElec DVB-T2 Dongle, Raspi Pi2 Mod B, 6dB Collinear Antenna, Nevis Pre-Amp & 1090mhz SAW Filter, 9mtrs WF100 Cable and 28ft Mast.
                  Software: Rasbain Jessie Lite, FR24 Feeder, Dump1090mutab and VRS.
                  Stats for Mar 18, 2016. Uptime:100%. Aircraft seen:2,012. Positions Reported:486,817. Maximum Distance:243nm (Stats provided by FR24)

Comment

Please make sure you are not running any other application that uses the USB stick. I think we had that case before in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by piopawlu View Post
                      Please make sure you are not running any other application that uses the USB stick. I think we had that case before in this thread.
                      Hi Piopawlu,

Thank you for your reply. The beta batch file is working perfectly fine now. The reason why it wasn't yesterday, was because I was running the RTL1090 software at the same time and from your reply above. I realised that this beta software doesn't need to rely on the RTL1090 software like the other FR24 Feeder.

The FR24feed.exe client/file that accompanies the beta software doesn't open, as I assume it just works within my PC in the background but I can open the existing FR24 Feeder Client/File which shows up on the batch file saying "client 1 open" in which I assume it's safe to do so, so that I can see how many planes I am uploading.
                      T-EGBB16

Hardware: NooElec DVB-T2 Dongle, Raspi Pi2 Mod B, 6dB Collinear Antenna, Nevis Pre-Amp & 1090mhz SAW Filter, 9mtrs WF100 Cable and 28ft Mast.
                      Software: Rasbain Jessie Lite, FR24 Feeder, Dump1090mutab and VRS.
                      Stats for Mar 18, 2016. Uptime:100%. Aircraft seen:2,012. Positions Reported:486,817. Maximum Distance:243nm (Stats provided by FR24)

Comment

I'd use the beta software if it had a GUI to show me on what Flight Level and Squawk are the airplanes which have only Mode S transponders

Comment

I take it once the dvbt is perfected you will branch into other receiver types (modesbeast)? given I notice there is a commandline string for current receiver/decoder types
                          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

The next build brings support for the following receivers:
                            - ModeS Beast
                            - SBS1, SBS1e, SBS3 both USB and TCP
                            - Any AVR output receiver USB/TCP
                            - DVBT over TCP

As well as a web interface displaying information about the receiver, active planes etc. The Windows version will no longer be a console application, only a tray icon with start/stop context menu + web status link.

Comment

- ModeS Beast
                              - DVBT over TCP

As well as a web interface displaying information about the receiver, active planes etc. The Windows version will no longer be a console application, only a tray icon with start/stop context menu + web status link.
                              Will be looking forward to it!

Comment

- ModeS Beast
                                - DVBT over TCP

Excellent - My new Raspberry Pi B+ (with 4 USB sockets) has just been delivered - I'll try it there too.

Comment

Working...
                                X