Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 decoder/feeder BETA testing (Win/RPi/Linux/OSX)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T-EDDM2 View Post
    Donīt know if itīs still an issue regarding the high CPU load of the new feeder: When I use Dump1090 and RPI feeder 242, then a significant number of airplanes can be seen on the FR 24 screen (between 5 and 20, depending on time). When I use the new feeder, nothing is shown (maximum were 2 until now). I built the script in a way that I can change between the versions quite quickly so that should not be a problem.
    Same problem here. AGC related?

Comment

Finally took the time to install raspian on a pi that i didnt use and now it is up and running.

Havent run anything other then dump1090 and fr24feed, but both show the same planes as the dongle hooked up to my pc does, so looks like all is running fine here atleast.

EDIT:
      Looks like cpu usage is VERY high...

PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND
      2411 pi 20 0 84868 8556 1864 S 98,1 4,5 59:39.61 fr24feed

EDIT2: Raspian with full apt-get update/upgrade. RPi updated with rpi-update so 100% up to date as of today.
      Last edited by Johan_D; 2014-08-26, 16:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Johan_D View Post
        Finally took the time to install raspian on a pi that i didnt use and now it is up and running.

Havent run anything other then dump1090 and fr24feed, but both show the same planes as the dongle hooked up to my pc does, so looks like all is running fine here atleast.

EDIT:
        Looks like cpu usage is VERY high...

2411 pi 20 0 84868 8556 1864 S 98,1 4,5 59:39.61 fr24feed
        me too...CPU usage is very high
        China Kunming
        F-ZPPP1 T-ZPPP7

Comment

I get the feeling There needs to be a manually created ini file or changed commandline for non DVB users?

[main][i]FR24 Decoder [0x02101000]
          [main][i]Built on Aug 15 2014 07:59:41 (r:284/Windows/i386)
          [main][i]Copyright 2008-2014 (c) Piotr Pawluczuk, Flightradar24 AB
          libcommon read_config failed - fr24feed.ini
          Monitor:pen() - fopen: No such file or directory
          [main][e]Could not create monitor file!
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Guys - Please be careful not to confuse "FR24 Decoder/Feeder" with "Dump1090 + FR24Feed"

The first is new software that does the whole job, and as beta software is new and under development by FR24.

The second is the more established traditional way of feeding (dump1090 is not an FR24 product, it is developed outside)

Comment

Nevermind. For some reason my default W7/IE didn't want to start the local server and allow me to configure the ini file. So did so on my 2nd PC, and copied it across.

NZCH1 pumping data via new client (of course now my PP is adjusted to use beast via TCP)
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

@peterhr

I, cant speak for others, but i know that...

What i was trying to communicate with my first post was in regards to this post.

IE, if i run dump1090 on the pi i shows, lets say, 5 planes.
                If i kill it and run fr24feed it shows the same 5 planes.
                Hook the stick to the pc and run it, it shows the same 5 planes.

Here dump1090 and fr24feed works the same, at least when you have a small number of planes you are tracking.

High cpu usage is "exclusive" to fr24feed though, not any problems with that in dump1090 (do not want to run a separete feeder, so i have fr24feed running as is...)

Comment

Originally posted by Johan_D View Post
                  @peterhr

I, cant speak for others, but i know that...

What i was trying to communicate with my first post was in regards to this post.

IE, if i run dump1090 on the pi i shows, lets say, 5 planes.
                  If i kill it and run fr24feed it shows the same 5 planes.
                  Hook the stick to the pc and run it, it shows the same 5 planes.

Here dump1090 and fr24feed works the same, at least when you have a small number of planes you are tracking.

High cpu usage is "exclusive" to fr24feed though, not any problems with that in dump1090 (do not want to run a separete feeder, so i have fr24feed running as is...)
                  I'm not sure if this line is talking about the "decoder + feeder" program from FR24 or the "FR24Feed" that works with dump1090.

I'm running DUMP1090 + FR42feed on Pi (latest versions) - usually tracking 80-130 aircraft at any time during daylight hours most days. dump1090 is running at about 60% and FR24feed about 12%-15% of CPU. I notice the current feeder is using more than the staticly linked one from about 6 months ago.

Comment

Grabber with the built in feeder for RPi in first post.
                    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...pi_beta_07.tgz (15/08/2014 10:00 CEST, ARMv6, DVBT-only!)

Started with this command:

./fr24feed --fr24key=*mysharingkey* --receiver=dvbt --gt=30000 --ppm=90

Did a top now and this is the output:

2252 pi 20 0 85892 8580 1880 S 98,3 4,6 2806:33 fr24feed

Comment

OK, The confusion is caused by having two modules of the same name

FR24feed = what the all in one decoder and feeder software is called and (maybe this should be called FR24DecFeed)

FR24feed = the software that is used with dump1090 to feed (as is downloadable here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...-Flightradar24)

Comment

Spoke to soon about planes showing up in fr24feed.
                        Yesterday afternoon i saw that only ~6000 packets had been received in ~12 hours (checked in Virtual radar server that is connected to the pi over network)

Killed fr24feed (from first post) and started dump1090 along with the separete fr24feed (Not fr24feed from first post) and got 6000 packets in under an hour, so something is intermittently screwing with fr24feed (decoder+feeder from first post) that is not affecting dump1090 with seperate fr24feed.

Hope i made sense

Comment

I also receive much less with the combined decoder-feeder than with the 2 seperate programs.

Comment

After two weeks of testing, I noticed a strange problem:
                            Windows build probing farther than Raspberry Pi build, the same equipment,Windows build average 150+nm,Raspberry Pi build have only 120+nm
                            China Kunming
                            F-ZPPP1 T-ZPPP7

Comment

I think I'll stay with dump1090 + the separate feeder, I want to ensure i have the ability to feed other tracking sites with *my* equipment - it would be somewhat different if the equipment had been provided by FR24.

Comment

Hi.
                                I download beta 7 version, but that what i get.

am i missing something ?

fr24 error2.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X