Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 decoder/feeder BETA testing (Win/RPi/Linux/OSX)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks again,, will double check if the right timer is reset.

edit 1: Found and fixed, will be included in the release later today.

edit 2: New version will be released tomorrow (30th Dec), testing time logic before pushing the release.
    Last edited by piopawlu; 2014-12-29, 15:27. Reason: new release date

Comment

• Originally posted by piopawlu View Post
      Thanks again,, will double check if the right timer is reset.

edit 1: Found and fixed, will be included in the release later today.

edit 2: New version will be released tomorrow (30th Dec), testing time logic before pushing the release.
      Will this new version Auto Update?
      T-EGPD7

Comment

@jelmer: what OSX version do you have?
        I'm still on 10.9.5

Comment

• Is anyone trying to use the --mpx switch to allow a 'proxy' of the SBS-1 Port 10001 data?

I have a SBS-1 that works fine to Basestation when I have Basestation set to the IP:10001 of the SBS-1 and fr24feed is shut down...
          The SBS-1 also works fine to fr24feed and is producing data that is shared to FR24 when the Basestation program is shut down... (I can see aircraft in VRS)

...but when I set mpx="yes" in the .ini file and set the hardware source IP&Portnumber in Basestation to <fr24feed_IP:10001> Basestation does not see the Port 10001 native data reflected from the fr24feed 'proxy'.

Using Wireshark I can see Basestation making a call to the fr24feed R-Pi IP:10001 and I can see the R-Pi IP:10001 making a response to the Basestation Port that called it.... but then there is a reply back from the Basestation PC to the R-Pi IP:10001 saying [TCP Spurious Retransmission]

I am _NOT_ a IP/TCP/UDP guru - I know how to run Wireshark and construct some simple filters but I cannot properly understand what I am seeing here.

The information on the --mpx is fairly light on in the fr24feed Manual. I would appreciate knowing if there is some issue with it f if there is some point I have missed.

Also - the fr24feed web configurator does not have a setting for --mpx and actually overwrites the mpx option manually put into the .ini file to have " " instead of "yes" or "no". What is the go with that?

Cheers

David
          (T-YTWB1)

Comment

• @YTWB will have a look at this after the New Year's.

There is a new test build available for RPi/Win for those who are willing to give it a go before it is published:

RPi DEB: deleted
            RPi TGZ: deleted
            W32 ZIP: deleted

I will update this post with changelog later tonight,, links will be removed when this version is published.

Comment

• Hi Piopawlu,

Just a thought, but would it be possible to keep the archived versions somewhere? My feeder is a Win XP CE box, and it doesn't work with any of the newer builds (I think it's the fr24 software) and I have to use the build from August. (can't remember the version number).

Thanks.
              T-CYSJ1 || VirtualRadar

Comment

There is a new test build available for RPi/Win for those who are willing to give it a go before it is published:
                Looks good so far for me: starts as non-root OK, and I am no longer seeing timeouts every 10 minutes.
                I'll keep an eye on the NTP bits over the next couple of days.

Comment

• working fine for 30 minutes now (Windows version).

[Seems like the statistics page on the FR24 site is not updating with this new build. When I re-run the old version for few minutes, it started to update again.]
                  update - statistics is working fine now.
                  Last edited by eshabi; 2014-12-30, 21:11.
                  F-LLBG3, T-LLBG17

Comment

• Since I said I can't use the any of the newer versions of the feeder software, I pulled this from the Event Viewer when I get an error trying to run the latest version.

The description for Event ID ( 26 ) in Source ( Application Popup ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: fr24feed.exe - Application Error, The exception Illegal Instruction
                    An attempt was made to execute an illegal instruction.
                    (0xc000001d) occurred in the application at location 0x00425d1e.

Click on OK to terminate the program.

System information that may help.
                    Windows XP CE SP2
                    512mb ram
                    512mb Flash HDD
                    CPU: AMD Geode NX1500
                    T-CYSJ1 || VirtualRadar

Comment

• Hi all and Happy New Year.
                      This is my first venture with a Pi and Linux so be nice

I've downloaded 1.0.10-1 and had the feeder running. I looked at the stats on a different PC on port 8754 and made a change. When I saved it the feeder stopped and I haven't been able to get it going again. Here are the messages from the Pi.

service fr24feed status

[ok]FR24 feeder/decoder process:running
                      [ok]FR24 Stats timestamp:2015-01-01 10:42
                      [ok]FR24 link:connected[UDP]
                      [ok]FR24 Radar:T-EGUB1
                      [ok]FR24 Tracked AC: .
                      [Fail] Receiver: down ... failed!

service fr24feed stop

[ok] Stopping FR24 feeder: fr24feed.

service fr24feed start

starting fr24 feeder:fr24feed [320.076611]
                      usbcore:deregistering interface driver dvb_usb_rtl28xu
                      [320.221284] r820t 2-001a destroying instance
                      [320-255616] usb 1-1.3.4:dvb_usb_v2:'Realtek RTL 2832U reference design'

successfully deactivated and disconnected.

My fr24feed.ini is:

receiver="dvbt"
                      fr24key="my key"
                      path="/usr/lib/fr24/"
                      bs="no"
                      raw="no"
                      logmode="2"
                      procargs="--net-http-port 8081"

thanks in advance.

ps is there an easy way of capturing the messages on screen rather than typing the whole lot by hand?
                      pps I've put the dongle into a Windows PC and it works fine
                      Last edited by trigger; 2015-01-01, 13:14. Reason: added pps and .ini file
                      T-EGUB1

Comment

• @sgu222e, sorry but I do not have access to Windows XP CE.. It might be because of switching to a more recent build environment that you have these problems... We will investigate it, but cannot make any promises on when it could be fixed. Windows XP is no longer supported by Microsoft and it makes it even more difficult for us to spend time on obsolete platforms.

@trigger, please try list processes and check if dump1090 is not left in the background.. a zombie process. If so, either kill it or reboot the Pi.

Comment

@trigger, please try list processes and check if dump1090 is not left in the background.. a zombie process. If so, either kill it or reboot the Pi.
                          I rebooted the Pi but no luck. I re-imaged the SD card and started again 3 times with the same result.

When doing the fr24feed --reconfigure --fr24key I saw a "segmentation fault" message. /etc/fr24feed.ini was empty. I saw from an earlier post that the file must be writable so did chmod 0666 fr24feed.ini then edited the file with nano. Seemed to save OK. I stopped the fr24 feed then re-started it but still had the error [Fail] Receiver is down ... failed. The third time of going through the re-install, after rebooting the Pi, the feeder started.

It seems as though the .ini file gets corrupted somehow?
                          thanks.

Later:
                          the fr24feed.ini file only has 2 entries for receiver and fr24 key
                          Stopped fr24feed,
                          added a path to the fr24feed.ini /usr/lib/fr24/,
                          re-started the fr24feed and I got the error.

then
                          Stopped the fr24 feed,
                          removed the path entry from fr24feed.ini
                          re-started the fr24 feed and it worked !

Definitely something to do with the .ini file.
                          Any thoughts?
                          Last edited by trigger; 2015-01-02, 20:50. Reason: added the Later details
                          T-EGUB1

Comment

• New test build 1.0.10-2 available for RPi and Windows:

Changelog:
                            - Fixed seg-fault and corrupted config file on save
                            - Added logging and timestamps in log for Windows
                            - Logging now built in the app, no passing to a separate app

RPi DEB: deleted
                            RPi TGZ: deleted
                            W32 ZIP: deleted

I would appreciate some testing, so I can release it on Wednesday.. Will try to address other issues before that too.
                            Last edited by piopawlu; 2015-01-07, 15:04. Reason: deleted links, new build 1.0.10-3

Comment

• Originally posted by jelmer View Post
                              I'm still on 10.9.5
                              @piopawlu Any news on that missing nib file in the OSX version?

Comment

• That fixes the config file error for me on the RPi.

Comment

Working...
                                X