Feeding from OpenWRT device?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeding from OpenWRT device?

So I have an access point with a USB port that I've installed OpenWRT on it. I've installed the rtl-sdr toolkit and can see data using rtl_adsb.

How can I turn around and submit this as a feed? It seems to be that most info is for Pis etc...

My device:
    # cat /proc/cpuinfo
    system type : Atheros AR9344 rev 2
    machine : WD My Net N600
    processor : 0
    cpu model : MIPS 74Kc V4.12
    BogoMIPS : 278.93
    wait instruction : yes
    microsecond timers : yes
    tlb_entries : 32
    extra interrupt vector : yes
    hardware watchpoint : yes, count: 4, address/irw mask: [0x0000, 0x0ff8, 0x0ff8, 0x0ff8]
    isa : mips1 mips2 mips32r1 mips32r2
    ASEs implemented : mips16 dsp dsp2
    shadow register sets : 1
    kscratch registers : 0
    core : 0
    VCED exceptions : not available
    VCEI exceptions : not available
    Oh, I should say - I have some x86_64 equipment around - maybe I can pull the data using rtl_adsb and then submit it from another system?
    Last edited by CRC; 2014-01-30, 20:54.

Not fed from Linux my self, but you could start by looking at this thead it might help

All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.
    T-EGLF8

Comment

Yeah - I have been reading through this... If I understand it correctly, I might be able to use:

rtl_adsb | nc -lp 30003

Then when I get my sharing key be able to use that as the 'bs' IP address...

If I telnet to port 30003, I get the following formatted output:
      *ad1e912cdf6596e7397ffe4b5776;
      *e6fb5eaa5f557ce2de9aa7c6ecf8;
      *a80095858fd40030b800002a16d3;
      *8d7c810d5833034e90efd227b4f4;
      *81601c0b3529e711961d7f0b7f94;
      *b6735cc8903164c4a258638317a1;
      *b6cc5a000023bb88971123c06cf1;
      *d8bca6eacf2774f3cd574d14cdfd;
      *8d3c6b29501392fbc9ced0d55453;
      *aa67639d7453c879ea5a66614dd5;
      Is this the correct data format I need?

Comment

You know what, I feel a bit dumb now.... Looking further and further into this, I've found that there is a build of dump1090 for OpenWRT that seems to work perfectly. As such, from what I understand, I can now connect this directly to the x86/x64 version of the feeder software....

Its interesting, right now I've just got it hooked up to my TV antenna (waiting for adapters and parts to arrive etc to try a commercial discone antenna) and I'm already getting 7-10 aircraft details...

Comment

Hi,

Any chance for a source release of the feeder software, so it could be included in the openwrt package repo?

Thanks,
          -w-

Comment

Ping.

-w-

Comment

Ping, if ping works i write a post....

Comment

Definitely works, the ping was to bring up the question at one post above - if it's possible to do a source code release so that wider range of OpenWrt targets could be supported.

Thanks,
                -w-

Comment

Ok, i can't send the link but i asked for this 2 years ago - fr24feeder old software #39810 .

Regards.

Comment

I also use dump1090 on an OpenWRT router. fr24feeder source or compiled for OpenWRT would be nice indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by ChirpyBoy View Post
                      I also use dump1090 on an OpenWRT router. fr24feeder source or compiled for OpenWRT would be nice indeed.
                      Ditto, Would make life a lot simpler if there was an openwrt build of the feed3er software as I'm looking to use my GL.iNet 16xx with ads-b and dump1090 to feed into fr24 without having to go with a separate machine for the feed.

Comment

+1. I'm running on a super lightweight TL-WR703n router, and still require a separate linux box to pull the data and push it to FR24.

Publishing source code would be awesome, so we can package it for OpenWRT.

Comment

Hi,
                          I only wanted to check whether there's some news here ? I virtually do every "hack" project with old home router hw running openwrt (or the alikes), 90% of them have a MIPS SoC. I crawled OpenWRT databases for a suitable device with ARMv6 or v7 and USB port but there are only few very new ones. (>=100 Euros).

So having a binary for OpenWRT@MIPS would be really nice, this HW is vitually for free, comes with case and power supply. Almost everyone has some of those boxes unused at homepage and dump1090 is obvioulsy availbable on MIPS.

I start thinking of an attempt to run the ARM binary on an old Android phone, though it must have OTG enabled. I'm absolutely not willing to buy an RPi.

Comment

Originally posted by targa View Post
                            this HW is vitually for free,
                            exactly, found an old router, installed openwrt, rtl-sdr and dump1090, works like a charm...
                            but i would need another box and some strange software to feed fr24, which is quite sad when you keep in mind that all it does is sending some udp packets every few seconds...

Comment

Yeah, it's a pity. You could use an old ThinClient, or a Pi (probably similar cheaper SBC with same CPU architecture would do as well).

Comment

Working...
                              X