No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the input guys.. Yes my dump is set to auto start also.. Upon checking the status this morning..everything seems running and connected after the restart schedule was pushed midnight..

Comment

• Feeder location settings need to change

Newbie here. My rpi2 was up yesterday. When i opened my gmap it seems a bit offset to my exact location. It was the location data i provided when i signed up to feed to fr24 and to my dump1090-mutability. Am afraid i might feed wrong data due to this location issue. Do i need to change it from my dump1090 end or from fr24feed config side..

Comment

• If you followed the guide. And entered it as part of the FR24 feed config. Then yes, you need to advise them
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Nice to see more of those FR24 boxes installed in Alaska in month of November.
          Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
          [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Hi Guys!

When I click software settings on my box console, a message appears and tell me that software settings are disabled.

And the problem is that I am so curious about what is behind that message.

Can anybody help me? what is in software settings section and how I can see it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Enterprise View Post
              Hi Guys!

When I click software settings on my box console, a message appears and tell me that software settings are disabled.

And the problem is that I am so curious about what is behind that message.

Can anybody help me? what is in software settings section and how I can see it?

What software are you talking about?

Comment

• Originally posted by skyspotter View Post
                What software are you talking about?
                Software configuration in flightradar box console. The shown message is "Sorry, but config has been disabled for this device!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Enterprise View Post
                  Software configuration in flightradar box console. The shown message is "Sorry, but config has been disabled for this device!"
                  It is just what it says it is, the configuration is disabled, and to answer your question, you CANNOT see it as the configuration is controlled by FR24 and is not user accessible, any attempt to hack into it would be considered a breach of the terms and conditions.
                  Ben.
                  FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

• Congratulations on getting the first ADS-B receiver in Antarctica online on FR24.

Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                    [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• I have a question about the stats. http://www.flightradar24.com/share-statistics
                      A few days ago i replaced my fr24 antenna cable since the storms lately had great fun on my roof.
                      I am getting my old range again, 250nmi+ easy: http://x264.nl/dump/ads-b-antenna-ca...-28-258nmi.jpg

Now i have two questions:
                      1) Max range, Maximum range of radar in the last 30 days, nmi.
                      Before and after my new cable, this value has been 270 nmi.
                      How/when does this update?

This could be ok i guess, but see question 2

2) In my account: https://www.flightradar24.com/premium/
                      Maximum distance:
                      2016-01-01: 394nm
                      2015-12-31: 356nm (bad weather it seems)
                      2015-12-30: 346nm (bad weather it seems)
                      2015-12-29: 388nm <-- cable fixed
                      2015-12-28: 364nm
                      2015-12-27: 366nm
                      2015-12-26: 360nm

What are these stats and should they not reflect on the fr24 stats page?

Update:
                      The Polar Plot shows: Range 398nm on one of dots.
                      So we now have 3 maximum range values, which are correct?
                      Last edited by Jarod; 2016-01-01, 16:39.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarod View Post
                        I have a question about the stats.

What are these stats and should they not reflect on the fr24 stats page?
                        I believe that the max range is not the maximum you have obtained during the last 30 days, but more an average of the daily max range over the last 30 days.
                        For example, in the last 7 days, I had daily max ranges around 350 NM, but on the stats page my max range is only 310 NM.
                        T-LFSN4

Check your rank from FR24 feeder stats at https://jollain.com/FR24/stats.php

Comment

• Originally posted by patrick1501 View Post
                          I believe that the max range is not the maximum you have obtained during the last 30 days, but more an average of the daily max range over the last 30 days.
                          For example, in the last 7 days, I had daily max ranges around 350 NM, but on the stats page my max range is only 310 NM.
                          Roger. Clear now.

Comment

• Great job FR24 staff getting all those online in 2015.
                            Let's start counting those new installed receivers in 2016

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            Map of the 2031 FR24 receivers activated in 2015

✈ Take a closer look at All of Our New Flightradar24 Receivers in 2015, learn more about flight tracking and get the latest aviation news with Flightradar24.

Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
                              Great job FR24 staff getting all those online in 2015.
                              Let's start counting those new installed receivers in 2016
                              Without doubt an extraordinary achievement but to my mind the most impressive parts of that map are South America and Africa. Less impressive is Europe. It's easy to say "The more the better" but a point must surely be reached where the number of feeders impacts server performance locally and to a lesser extent globally. There must also be a point where it becomes uneconomic to install more computing power to service feeders that contribute little or no unique data. It is unclear to me if all of these are actual FR24 feeders or if the total is a mix of F and T feeders.

Comment

• The reason why we keep adding receivers in for example Europe and North America where we have 500% coverage at 30,000 feet, is to improve low level MLAT coverage, to improve redundancy and to get full coverage at as many airports as possible. Today we have receivers installed in about 700 airports and every time an airport apply we try to send receiver, to get full coverage at the airport.

The map shows just F-receivers. At this point the position data of T-feeders is too low quality, but we are working on ways to improve the data.

Comment

Working...
                                X