No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It can also be one of the apps you have in line has prediction/plot after set. This will falsify or continue showing "live" tracks when there is actually nothing being received anymore. This is common on planeolotter, adsbscope and not sure on other RTL apps. Designed to smooth out tracks and fill gaps in your local plots when you have holes

Fr will also ignore your data if it includes gaps, you may not see them but there is filtering in place that may

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Oblivian; 2015-09-20, 05:39.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      It can also be one of the apps you have in line has prediction/plot after set. This will falsify or continue showing "live" tracks when there is actually nothing being received anymore. This is common on planeolotter, adsbscope and not sure on other RTL apps. Designed to smooth out tracks and fill gaps in your local plots when you have holes

Fr will also ignore your data if it includes gaps, you may not see them but there is filtering in place that may

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
      "Are you talking to me?" (Taxi driver, Robert de Niro, 1975). Yes but I'm talking about the VRS map, and the VRS list. I have three ADS-B aircraft in the list but only one on the map.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kpin View Post
        "Are you talking to me?" (Taxi driver, Robert de Niro, 1975). Yes but I'm talking about the VRS map, and the VRS list. I have three ADS-B aircraft in the list but only one on the map.
        Yep, and same stands. Without knowing the source (shared data/purely local/direct from stick or relay from other software) or if there is something continuing to be predicted/held onto after the actual data received dies off, we can't tell from screenshot if they are stragglers or actually still active.

If the others data columns are updating every second with the live one still seen, its time to monitor the data-feed from the app talking to the hardware directly or fire off the question to the VRS developer with debug logs.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Yep, and same stands. Without knowing the source (shared data/purely local/direct from stick or relay from other software) or if there is something continuing to be predicted/held onto after the actual data received dies off, we can't tell from screenshot if they are stragglers or actually still active.

If the others data columns are updating every second with the live one still seen, its time to monitor the data-feed from the app talking to the hardware directly or fire off the question to the VRS developer with debug logs.
          Right! The source is the fr24feeder and nothing else. One stick on the PC(Win7) and one on the RPi. Both then merged into VRS on the PC. I see aircraft in the list with position data lng/lat for a prolonged time which never show up on the map.
          Somehow the threshold for the map must be higher than for the list. Just a little confusing.

Comment

• Read the Instructions

Originally posted by Kpin View Post
            Thank you Rick and John. But the aifcraft in the list (three) with position data cannot be S-mode only and should show in the map aswell. The filter options influence both list and map, there should be no difference in the number of ADS-B aircrafts. And I have checked the filters and settings again and again - and now one more time
            Kpin click the VRS help file in my signature line and it has pictures which will help those who don't understand English well. VRS does not configure itself out of the box. Use the examples and the information displayed in the List and Detail areas will answer your questions and give you an understanding of how stuff works. If something is missing like aircraft on the map....a properly configured List area will give you a clue as to why.

From your screen shot it appears preconceived ideas and your lack of understanding on how to configure VRS raises questions that will be apparent.

Good luck!

John
            F-RPVD1
            Dumaguete

Comment

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
              Kpin click the VRS help file in my signature line and it has pictures which will help those who don't understand English well. VRS does not configure itself out of the box. Use the examples and the information displayed in the List and Detail areas will answer your questions and give you an understanding of how stuff works. If something is missing like aircraft on the map....a properly configured List area will give you a clue as to why.

From your screen shot it appears preconceived ideas and your lack of understanding on how to configure VRS raises questions that will be apparent.

Good luck!

John
              F-RPVD1
              Dumaguete
              What! I have been through all settings and the help file more times than I can remember. If you know of something that is in the help file, then just say it.
              I say again: The map and the list does not show the same in regard to ADS-B aircraft with full position information. I would like to know why as I cannot imagin any good reason.

Comment

• Here's a good start.

If you want to accurately see what your range/how much you receive. Lower these.

Remove from display
                This is the number of seconds between the time of the last message received from an aircraft and the time when the server will stop showing it on the aircraft maps.

Remove from tracking
                After an aircraft has been removed from the display VRS will keep it in its list of tracked aircraft, so that if it starts receiving messages from the aircraft again it can show the track that it had for the aircraft up till the point that it lost reception.

This value is the number of seconds that it will keep an aircraft in the tracking list before after the last message is received from it. The value cannot be lower than the Remove from display value.

Comment

Here's a good start.

If you want to accurately see what your range/how much you receive. Lower these.
                  Thanks Oblivian, I will look in to that. The explanation would then be that an aircraft made it to the list but but was never steady enough to be displayed on the map. Aircraft do show up in the list and stay there for much longer than the threshold value, but that could be explained by aircraft been 'rediscovered' again and again and extending it's life on the list.

But still mystified The answer may be to get a better antenna.

Comment

• Hi everyone . they are reciver I fr24 owner . F- LRCV2 Craiova / Romania . I want to ask if you can find another antenna located in that area, cordonatele geographical or reciver holder . Thank you !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RicksRadio View Post
                      FR24 Support have confirmed that they did receive good data from me for about 40 minutes on Friday. Nothing since.

Today things got a little stranger. I inadvertently unplugged the GPS antenna (completely disconnected!!) BUT nothing changed. The GPS LED blinked GREEN for about 10 minutes and then RED for about 30 seconds and then repeated the approximately 10 minute cycle .

Since my original GPS antenna location worked then I feel it is likely not at fault. But unplugging the GPS antenna suggests that (1) the GPS antenna may be broken or (2) perhaps the receiver is broken.
                      UPDATE: Well we are in business again.

Support helped me re-load the firmware in an effort to get the receiver back on-line. That successfully got the ADS-B traffic back in a stable state BUT it did not solve the GPS problem. Finally I borrowed another GPS antenna and eureka the GPS problem was solved.

Close examination of the original GPS antenna SMB connector suggested it might be distorted. With the approval of FR24 Support I changed the connector on the GPS antenna and now all is well. Now both ADS-B and Mode-S data are flowing to FR24.

F-CYWH1 Southern tip of Vancouver Island

Comment

• With my FR24 receiver now active I have been paying special attention to the log file. Everything seems to be working BUT there's and "error" that seems to occur randomly. Rarely does the log go an hour without this glitch. I'm not sure what's happening but it seems to be GPS / MLAT timebase related. However, the time was synchronized at 19:59:11 and the "no time update" occurred 40 seconds later? I doubt that it's unique to my set-up but I'm curious as to what is happening. An excerpt from the log follows (I've edited out the UPD address and port).

Thoughts and comments appreciated. Thanks.

Rick

2015-09-22 19:59:03 | [mlat][i]Pinging the server
                        2015-09-22 19:59:04 | [mlat][i]Stats 12411672/942
                        2015-09-22 19:59:04 | [feed][i]sent 33 AC in 2 packets
                        2015-09-22 19:59:07 | [time][i]Synchronizing time via NTP
                        2015-09-22 19:59:08 | [feed][i]sent 32 AC in 2 packets
                        2015-09-22 19:59:11 | [feed][i]sent 31 AC in 2 packets
                        2015-09-22 19:59:11 | [time][i]Time synchronized correctly, offset -0.0704 seconds, drift -0.0000 seconds/minute
                        2015-09-22 19:59:14 | [feed][i]sent 32 AC in 2 packets
                        2015-09-22 19:59:17 | [feed][i]sent 32 AC in 2 packets
                        2015-09-22 19:59:20 | [feed][i]sent 33 AC in 2 packets
                        2015-09-22 19:59:23 | [feed][i]sent 32 AC in 2 packets
                        2015-09-22 19:59:26 | [feed][i]sent 33 AC in 2 packets
                        2015-09-22 19:59:29 | [feed][i]sent 34 AC in 2 packets
                        2015-09-22 19:59:30 | [mlat][i]Pinging the server
                        2015-09-22 19:59:32 | [feed][i]sent 35 AC in 2 packets
                        2015-09-22 19:59:35 | [feed][i]sent 31 AC in 2 packets
                        2015-09-22 19:59:38 | [feed][i]sent 32 AC in 2 packets
                        2015-09-22 19:59:39 | [stats][e]Cached feed_id=3428 for network F
                        2015-09-22 19:59:39 | [stats][i]sent 6321 bytes
                        2015-09-22 19:59:41 | [feed][i]sent 34 AC in 2 packets
                        2015-09-22 19:59:44 | [feed][i]sent 31 AC in 2 packets
                        2015-09-22 19:59:47 | [feed][i]sent 32 AC in 2 packets
                        2015-09-22 19:59:50 | [feed][i]sent 28 AC in 2 packets
                        2015-09-22 19:59:50 | [mlat][i]Stats 12411672/942
                        2015-09-22 19:59:51 | [gps][e]No time update for 30/120 seconds or more, disconnecting from GPS
                        2015-09-22 19:59:51 | [gps][i]Connected to the GPS receiver
                        2015-09-22 19:59:52 | [gps][i]New position: 48.48,-123.37,43.1,20:00:08
                        2015-09-22 19:59:52 | [mlat][i]Configuring UDP connection udp://xxx.xxx.com:yyyyy
                        2015-09-22 19:59:52 | [mlat][i]Timebase is GPS
                        2015-09-22 19:59:52 | [mlat][i]Registering MLAT station
                        2015-09-22 19:59:53 | [feed][i]sent 31 AC in 2 packets
                        2015-09-22 19:59:56 | [feed][i]sent 33 AC in 2 packets
                        2015-09-22 19:59:59 | [feed][i]sent 27 AC in 2 packets
                        2015-09-22 20:00:02 | [feed][i]sent 27 AC in 2 packets
                        2015-09-22 20:00:05 | [feed][i]sent 30 AC in 2 packets
                        2015-09-22 20:00:05 | [feed][n]syncing stream: 1
                        2015-09-22 20:00:08 | [feed][i]sent 32 AC in 2 packets
                        2015-09-22 20:00:11 | [feed][i]sent 30 AC in 2 packets
                        2015-09-22 20:00:12 | [mlat][i]Registering MLAT station: FAILURE
                        2015-09-22 20:00:13 | [mlat][i]Configuring UDP connection udp://xxx.xxx.com:yyyyy
                        2015-09-22 20:00:13 | [mlat][i]Timebase is GPS
                        2015-09-22 20:00:13 | [mlat][i]Registering MLAT station
                        2015-09-22 20:00:13 | [mlat][i]Registering MLAT station: SUCCESS
                        2015-09-22 20:00:14 | [feed][i]sent 31 AC in 2 packets

F-CYWH1 Southern tip of Vancouver Island

Comment

• This is my first post and if not allowed please delete. I seem to be having trouble with a reciever I am hosting. I moved to a new loaction 14 miles north of where I was. My upload seems to be patchy at the new location and I'm not sure what to do about it. I was using DSL and my new IP is high speed fiber. I attached a picture, as you can see before the move everything was uploading perfectly. Now after the move very patchy. Anyone have any suggestions?Screenshot_2015-09-22-10-43-22.jpg

Comment

• You would need to look at the system logs to see more. Contact Support@flightradar24.com to look into those for you as it is their gear

They'll suggest a potential fix or assist in troubleshooting. They'll also need your new GPS location to match for MLAT purposes.

Comment

• Thank you!

Comment

• I see F-feeders and T-feeders... what's the difference?
                                Besides the T and F obviously
                                T-EHVK11 / RPi-2

Comment

Working...
                                X