Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ressy View Post
    and magically after being gone for 11 mins it reappears on the ground, and just as quick, so are 3 other aircraft off the sunshine coast now there, that werent, face it Mike you DO have issues with your code.
    I really like how you try to get into a constructive dialog with FR24. They should really feel like communicating with you about the problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kpin View Post
      I really like how you try to get into a constructive dialog with FR24. They should really feel like communicating with you about the problems.
      yeah... I'm not trying to enter a dialogue with them, because they have told us for some time there is nothing wrong with their systems and any exhibited problems are our own, not theirs *chuckles*

Comment

• Originally posted by RicksRadio View Post
        At one point yesterday I observed some data from my new receiver were being used by FR24. However, things seem to have changed. I have sent an email to FR24 Support but it is the weekend - sigh!
        FR24 Support have confirmed that they did receive good data from me for about 40 minutes on Friday. Nothing since.

Today things got a little stranger. I inadvertently unplugged the GPS antenna (completely disconnected!!) BUT nothing changed. The GPS LED blinked GREEN for about 10 minutes and then RED for about 30 seconds and then repeated the approximately 10 minute cycle .

Since my original GPS antenna location worked then I feel it is likely not at fault. But unplugging the GPS antenna suggests that (1) the GPS antenna may be broken or (2) perhaps the receiver is broken.

Would someone with an FR24 receiver be willing to unplug their GPS antenna for about 10 or 11 minutes and report on what changes in the GPS LED occur.

Thanks, Rick

F-CYWH1 Southern tip of Vancouver Island

Comment

FR24 Support have confirmed that they did receive good data from me for about 40 minutes on Friday. Nothing since.

Today things got a little stranger. I inadvertently unplugged the GPS antenna (completely disconnected!!) BUT nothing changed. The GPS LED blinked GREEN for about 10 minutes and then RED for about 30 seconds and then repeated the approximately 10 minute cycle .

Since my original GPS antenna location worked then I feel it is likely not at fault. But unplugging the GPS antenna suggests that (1) the GPS antenna may be broken or (2) perhaps the receiver is broken.

Would someone with an FR24 receiver be willing to unplug their GPS antenna for about 10 or 11 minutes and report on what changes in the GPS LED occur.

Thanks, Rick
          Hey Rick, I tried unplugging my newly received FR24 receiver's GPS antenna and the green light kept blinking, but the log said some sort of GPS error. When I plugged it back in, it went red for a second then went right back to normal. Maybe a hardware glitch causing the light to stay blinking when it is unplugged while on?
          T-KUNV2 - Tyrone, PA, DVB-T Stick with stock antenna
          F-KUNV1 - FR24 Reciever, serving University Park airport and surrounding area, in temporary position currently.

Comment

• My receiver is happily picking up almost every ADS-B aircraft west of University Park airport and a few down at the southern most part of Pennsylvania, while in a temporary position inside my house. Hopefully I can get it on the roof by the end of this week for better reception
            F-KUNV1 - FR24 Reciever, serving University Park airport and surrounding area, in temporary position currently.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZX6R View Post
              Hey Rick, I tried unplugging my newly received FR24 receiver's GPS antenna and the green light kept blinking, but the log said some sort of GPS error. When I plugged it back in, it went red for a second then went right back to normal. Maybe a hardware glitch causing the light to stay blinking when it is unplugged while on?
              Thanks for the reply. I may wrong BUT I think the GREEN light 1 sec pulses are generated by the FR24 receiver itself. The GPS talks to the mother-ship about once every 10 minutes and verifies the receiver time sync.

The log you mention? When I connect to the FR24 receiver at it's IP address there's a link to "display log" is the log you're referring to? That log seems to change when I do something like change the IP address etc or connect VRS to the RAW feed? Unplugging the GPS antenna or the ADS-B antenna has no impact on the "display log" content.

Comment

• Originally posted by W4lRon View Post
                I see constantly T-LTAI10 have a nice range.F-LTAI1 not member forum :/ "F" coded receiver will run for a much more successful.We expect developments

Bir ara özelden konuşuruz
                konuşalım da burada bulamadım, özel konuşma nasıl oluyor?
                f-ltbj1 receiver kaç günde geldi, benimki 1 haftadır yolda.

F-LTAI2 | [ AYT Antalya, Turkey ] [ Flightradar24 ] [ First seen online: 2015-09-14 19:00:03 ]
                F-LTBA1 | [ ISL Istanbul, Turkey ] [ Flightradar24 ] [ First seen online: 2016-04-29 18:55:04 ]
                F-LTFJ5 | [ SAW Istanbul, Turkey ] [ Flightradar24 ] [ First seen online: 2016-12-16 11:20:04 ]
                F-LTFM1 | [ IST Istanbul, Turkey ] [ Flightradar24 ] [ First seen online: 2017-12-28 11:10:07 ]

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I may wrong BUT I think the GREEN light 1 sec pulses are generated by the FR24 receiver itself. The GPS talks to the mother-ship about once every 10 minutes and verifies the receiver time sync.

The log you mention? When I connect to the FR24 receiver at it's IP address there's a link to "display log" is the log you're referring to? That log seems to change when I do something like change the IP address etc or connect VRS to the RAW feed? Unplugging the GPS antenna or the ADS-B antenna has no impact on the "display log" content.
                  Yep, that's the one I am referring to. After unplugging it, I waited 10 minutes and refreshed, to which it showed the GPS error.
                  [gps][e]No time update for 30/120 seconds or more, disconnecting from GPS
                  Then shortly after...
                  [gps][i]Connected to the GPS receiver
                  [time][i]Time synchronized correctly, offset +0.0010 seconds
                  Last edited by ZX6R; 2015-09-09, 20:28. Reason: words are hard

Comment

• Originally posted by emirhan View Post
                    konuşalım da burada bulamadım, özel konuşma nasıl oluyor?
                    f-ltbj1 receiver kaç günde geldi, benimki 1 haftadır yolda.
                    face ten ekle dostum beni kaan yazgan ordan konuşalım özel mesaj yok burda :/
                    F-LTBJ1 & N-LTBJ1 & T-LTBJ1 Izmir / Turkey

F-LTAN1 Konya / Turkey

F-LTCS1 SanliUrfa / Turkey

F-LTFJ3 Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen Airport / Turkey

Comment

• Hi everyone,

has anyone really played with the gain setting with dump1090-mutability? I'm currently running it set to AGC but am wondering if this is ideal?

Cheers,

Andrew
                      T-YSBK22

Comment

• I've just noticed that over Pennsylvania all MLAT traffic is changed to T-EST1 or T-EST2 except for T-MLAT7 codes and ADS-B traffic. Anybody know what's happening?

Sent from my iFruit 5s using Tapatalk

Comment

• Any VRS wizards?

Hi,

Can any of you explain to me why I have fewer plots on the map than in the list (with Lng. and Lat.)?
                          In the attached sample I thought that I would have three plots on the map, but I see only one.
                          I have checked all corners of the setup, but I'm getting nowhere.

VRS map.jpg

Check your Filter,.. Maybe youve Filtered just IBS.Or your nearest aircraft.18.9.2015 DEL
                          Last edited by delcomp; 2015-09-18, 12:18.

Comment

Hi,

Can any of you explain to me why I have fewer plots on the map than in the list (with Lng. and Lat.)?
                            In the attached sample I thought that I would have three plots on the map, but I see only one.
                            Click on List only visible The remaining A/C are not visible because (my guess) they have incomplete data.

Rick

Comment

Hi,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6445[/ATTACH]

Check your Filter,.. Maybe youve Filtered just IBS.Or your nearest aircraft.18.9.2015 DEL
                              Configure your VRS List View to show Transponder by clicking on Menu/Options/List and add Transponder to the List View. Aircraft that report Mode-S will never show on the map because only aircraft with working ADS-B transponders report latitude and longitude and Call Sign.

John
                              F-RPVD1
                              Dumaguete

Comment

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
                                Configure your VRS List View to show Transponder by clicking on Menu/Options/List and add Transponder to the List View. Aircraft that report Mode-S will never show on the map because only aircraft with working ADS-B transponders report latitude and longitude and Call Sign.

John
                                F-RPVD1
                                Dumaguete
                                Thank you Rick and John. But the aifcraft in the list (three) with position data cannot be S-mode only and should show in the map aswell. The filter options influence both list and map, there should be no difference in the number of ADS-B aircrafts. And I have checked the filters and settings again and again - and now one more time

Comment

Working...
                                X