No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jarod and F-EGLF, thanks for posting. Thought I'd have to do some brainstorming compared to your numbers. Then, today all of a sudden, numbers look like this:

3/26/15
    Uptime (as % of available time): 100%
    Aircraft seen: 1,455
    Positions reported: 125,126
    Maximum distance: 328nm

Plot has an odd tail pointing southwest:

It usually looks like this:

Very strange.
    F-KDAG1

Comment

• Originally posted by bidouilleur View Post
      did send in a request on Friday ... see if in my region there is need for more coverage .. (50 km south TLS in France). we'll see ...
      Did you get a response?

Comment

• no not yet but as they mention it can take up to 30 days.....
        maybe I'll send in a little extra note with more details as I was in a rush when I crossed it.

Comment

• New centralized receivers website for the whole Philippines.

paradiselost and I managed to create a new centralized website for all the feeders in the Philippines.

right now we have:

FR24-SUB - Olongapo City, PH
          FP-SUB - Olongapo City, PH
          FR24-DGT - Dumaguete City, PH

I hope others will join to. For more information on how to join, please send us a message.

you can visit it here: Radar Center

Comment

• Map showing the new Flightradar24 receivers on March 30th week.
            Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
            [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

no not yet but as they mention it can take up to 30 days.....
              maybe I'll send in a little extra note with more details as I was in a rush when I crossed it.
              alright! I hope you've had some success as my application has not moved.

Comment

• Originally posted by oplus94 View Post
                alright! I hope you've had some success as my application has not moved.
                nothing yet ... been playing with iOS app and a bit with the 3D here, really impressive, tried a landing plane in Orly Paris ... till it touches ground ...
                guess staff is having tons of requests these days as FR24 was a lot in the news recently for sad reasons ....

Comment

no not yet but as they mention it can take up to 30 days.....
                  Sorry to the bearer of this news but applications for the FR24 kit can take 1-365 days as per Mike. Please see this post:

Are you interested in helping us increase Flightradar24’s ADS-B coverage around the world? We are looking for suitable hosts for a large number of ADS-B receivers and antennas. To make sure we get the most out of each ADS-B receiver we send out, we do have some requirements: • You are able to offer excellent

It all depends on where you are and whether there is a few receivers around the area already. Also, FR24 will not send you an email saying your application is unsuccessful. They keep all applications in their database for future use, if needed.

Comment

• true, did read that but assume that if after 30 days average you have no return you can consider it to be a no go for now ...
                    since we have no map showing all active members .... hard to tell if to apply or not, if I knew there are 60 others near I know there is hardly any chance ....
                    but let's take it the bright side ... no we have, yes we risk

Comment

• I think they have priority places to send receivers available for shipment.
                      I believe that they decide every batch where to send.
                      You can invest in 10$ DVB-t dongle for start.
                      For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• I could but to not much use, need to have a computer running 24/24 and with walls 50cm thick in my house ... not sure the poor little antenna will pick up much and it is still to early to leave a window open even in south of France

Comment

• They used to have a list of priority areas somewhere but I cant find it anymore on their website.

Comment

• Originally posted by oplus94 View Post
                            They used to have a list of priority areas somewhere but I cant find it anymore on their website.
                            We removed the list as many people were not sending applications just because their village was not on list. Priority is areas without coverage and improving/expanding MLAT.

Comment

I could but to not much use, need to have a computer running 24/24 and with walls 50cm thick in my house ... not sure the poor little antenna will pick up much and it is still to early to leave a window open even in south of France
                              You can pick up antennas with suitable connectors and cables on ebay for under 20EUR. So if you want to run your own receiver, you basically need Raspberry Pi or other suitable computer, dvb dongle and antenna. The major cost here is the RPi at something like 30-35EUR. Total price is under 100EUR.

The RPi2 has quad core ARM cpu, and should be able to handle quite a few radios and a lot of planes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                We removed the list as many people were not sending applications just because their village was not on list. Priority is areas without coverage and improving/expanding MLAT.
                                Where all is MLAT available/proposed to be implemented, Mike?

Comment

Working...
                                X