Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ressy View Post
    Playback certainly does not show it off the field, it toiuches down at 811, and 812 its at the terminal, at *no* time did it even come closs to, let alone cross, National Rd
    Could you post a screen shot to verify we are looking at the same landing?

I'm pretty sure there is a FAQ somewhere that would help you select the correct date to verify or disprove. Your mistaken opinion was based on the previous date which I advised
    Look at previous days flights and they are normal landings.
    John
    F-RPVD1
    Last edited by paradiselost; 2015-02-20, 06:59.

Comment

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
      Could you post a screen shot to verify we are looking at the same landing?

I'm pretty sure there is a FAQ somewhere that would help you select the correct date to verify or disprove. Your mistaken opinion was based on the previous date which I advised

John
      F-RPVD1
      I checked your link, I also checked the aircraft a day before it as well, if you have a more accurate link you want checked, post it (and include the time/date in your post so we are certain of checking the right one still, i do not need to post screenshots to show an aircraft nowhere off the field, thats two other people who have used playback on your link and see nothing wrong, if you still today see it wrong, you need to be more precise with a link to be checked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ressy View Post
        I checked your link, I also checked the aircraft a day before it as well, if you have a more accurate link you want checked, post it (and include the time/date in your post so we are certain of checking the right one still, i do not need to post screenshots to show an aircraft nowhere off the field, thats two other people who have used playback on your link and see nothing wrong, if you still today see it wrong, you need to be more precise with a link to be checked.

Ressy you and Greg are RIGHT! redface.png That link was the day before and was a normal landing. but the screenshot was the erratic landing 2-19-2015 that I intended whose correct link is

Sorry for the faulty information on my part.

Ressy and Greg, please accept my apologies.

John
        F-RPVD1
        Dumaguete
        Last edited by paradiselost; 2015-02-20, 12:07. Reason: Added signature

Comment

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
          Ressy you and Greg are RIGHT! [ATTACH=CONFIG]5702[/ATTACH] That link was the day before and was a normal landing. but the screenshot was the erratic landing 2-19-2015 that I intended whose correct link is

Sorry for the faulty information on my part.

Ressy and Greg, please accept my apologies.

John
          F-RPVD1
          Dumaguete
          No problems, now we have the right playback, we can confirm the error, the plane infact never makes the field, lands and taxis and parks, all over and in suburbia So yes there was a problem on this flight. I suspect adsb data is valid, just fr24's interaction with maps is wrong.

Comment

• F-ENEV6 is picking up short final and ground traffic at EHAM (Schiphol). This seems to be weird?

Comment

• I'm experimenting with a new antenna now and would like to find out optimal placement for best range. Now I see all these pretty coverage pictures. Usually screenshots, but it looks like they're somehow made via the Google Maps API or even just w/ a GPX file: http://goo.gl/maps/BfNya (from YSWG on this forum).

How do I make these? I've done many different Google searches but no luck. :-( I'd like to make them as well so I can more properly compare setups. Right now all I have is peeking at the dump1090 map and using nc + pv to see how many events per second I'm grabbing successfully, which are very noisy and "moment-specific" signals..

Comment

• Originally posted by Wilmer View Post
                I'm experimenting with a new antenna now and would like to find out optimal placement for best range. Now I see all these pretty coverage pictures. Usually screenshots, but it looks like they're somehow made via the Google Maps API or even just w/ a GPX file: http://goo.gl/maps/BfNya (from YSWG on this forum).

How do I make these? I've done many different Google searches but no luck. :-( I'd like to make them as well so I can more properly compare setups. Right now all I have is peeking at the dump1090 map and using nc + pv to see how many events per second I'm grabbing successfully, which are very noisy and "moment-specific" signals..
                Correct, Saved overlays. VRS (virtual radar server) is one capable of doing this (I think.. can sure show them, not sure about save them), SBSPlotter, and there is a rough guide here http://sonicgoose.com/superimpose-po...-google-earth/

They key terms to look for are polar plot, or range plot
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                  Correct, Saved overlays. VRS (virtual radar server) is one capable of doing this (I think.. can sure show them, not sure about save them), SBSPlotter, and there is a rough guide here http://sonicgoose.com/superimpose-po...-google-earth/

They key terms to look for are polar plot, or range plot
                  Ahh, "plot". I kept looking for map/area. :-/

Thanks! I can make these plots now (esp the one in Google Earth is quite nice!), time for some better experimentation.

Comment

• Originally posted by xv4y View Post
                    Hi,

Yes, exact location is not at the airport but around 10km south of VCA airport, Cai Rang district, city of Can Tho.
                    Antenna is 5 elts coaxial collinear, 15m above ground with no close obstruction and gives a good coverage of up to 250nm.
                    Receiver is still "experimental" thought and I am not sure how long I will be able to leave it running.
                    It's a RTL-SDR dongle running on a CubieBoard 2.

Regards,
                    Yan - (Radioamateur callsign XV4Y).
                    Hi xv4y,

Sounds like a good project by yourself with the cubieboard 2 as most users uses the raspberry pi. But there are quite a few choices of ARM linux computer on the market now.

There is 3 feeders with FR24 kit in Vietnam at the moment, one at Ho Chi Minh, 1 at Da Nang and one at Hanoi, so if you would like to host one you can apply at http://www.flightradar24.com/free-ads-b-equipment
                    Only downside is the longest coax cable provided is 10metres long. You don't need to apply if you don't want to though. Just a suggestion.

Do you have any contacts at NHA trang/Cam Ranh or Quy Nhon? Coverage can be improved over there I think so if you have anyone around there or elsewhere around Vietnam in fact, let them know. Thanks!

Comment

• Hi North Borneo Radar,

Thanks for your answer.
                      CubieBoard2 as a little bit more horsepower than Rpi. Feeding 3 websites with dump1090 decoding 40 A/C, CPU usage barely goes over 15%. It allows me to underclock the CPU to 460 MHz so it runs very cool.
                      My current installation only use 8m of cable. The Cubieboard connects to internet through WiFi.

Unfortunately I have no contact for this in Nha Trand or Quy Nhon area.

I thought about applying for a receiver, but I cannot comply with FR24 requirements.
                      We often have power cuts that can last up to 12 hours. I will not run the generator all day long for the FR24 receiver.
                      Also I'm quite afraid I will need to pay import taxes just to receive the box.

Regards,
                      Yan.

Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                      Hi xv4y,

Sounds like a good project by yourself with the cubieboard 2 as most users uses the raspberry pi. But there are quite a few choices of ARM linux computer on the market now.

There is 3 feeders with FR24 kit in Vietnam at the moment, one at Ho Chi Minh, 1 at Da Nang and one at Hanoi, so if you would like to host one you can apply at http://www.flightradar24.com/free-ads-b-equipment
                      Only downside is the longest coax cable provided is 10metres long. You don't need to apply if you don't want to though. Just a suggestion.

Do you have any contacts at NHA trang/Cam Ranh or Quy Nhon? Coverage can be improved over there I think so if you have anyone around there or elsewhere around Vietnam in fact, let them know. Thanks!

Comment

Hi North Borneo Radar,

Thanks for your answer.
                        CubieBoard2 as a little bit more horsepower than Rpi. Feeding 3 websites with dump1090 decoding 40 A/C, CPU usage barely goes over 15%. It allows me to underclock the CPU to 460 MHz so it runs very cool.
                        My current installation only use 8m of cable. The Cubieboard connects to internet through WiFi.

I thought about applying for a receiver, but I cannot comply with FR24 requirements.
                        We often have power cuts that can last up to 12 hours. I will not run the generator all day long for the FR24 receiver.

Regards,
                        Yan.
                        Ah right, I see. That's unfortunate but yeah places with poor power supply isn't uncommon over this part of the world. For import taxes FR24 do reimburse you. Perhaps something for the future.

Your website has lots of info about your projects, and also your thoughts about the 3 tracking websites. Of course I read it under English instead of the original French. Cool though having to see French at Vietnam, not uncommon I guess.

Comment

Regards,
                          Yan.
                          You can build a + 13.8 Volts DC to + 5 Volts 1 Amp Regulator and run the FR 24 box from a Car battery.

F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• Hi Mike,

Just to ask are you permanently stopping posting new FR24 receivers activated at the new feeder spotted thread or are you just very very busy for the past month?

Comment

• I have been quite busy last weeks. Every time I open up the thread to catch up something happens so I have to postpone again. Currently in number of receivers not posted has reached 180. I hope to be able to catch up soon.

Comment

Hi North Borneo Radar,

Thanks for your answer.

Regards,
                                Yan.

Hello xv4y,

I have been looking around your area and notice your feed has been up, perhaps I am not looking when it's down but your feed looks decent. I think you should re-think about applying for the FR24 kit. You get a good antenna which I think should help with coverage from your area. If it down for about 12 hours there is no big, so long your feed comes back when power is restored that is ok. Feeders from Pontianak & Banmjarmasin seems to have power issues and they go on and off ( and so do some receivers around the world). So I think you need not to be too worried by that. As for customs charges, FR24 will reimburse you back the handling fees/customs fee upon when you contact them about the charges.

Please have a think about it. ciao.

Comment

Working...
                                X