Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HermanZA View Post
    From my Pi, I feed the FR24 feeder app, and then have another port or two where I send data to VRS, ADSBScope and a few other apps. Drop me a mail, then I'll elaborate more, not clogging up the forum with what and how I do things.
    Thanks HermanZA, I've got it working now:- RTL1090 feeding VRS and VRS Rebroadcasting the FR24 feeder. I simply didn't remove the /30003 command from the properties on RTL1090.
    T-EGBB16

Hardware: NooElec DVB-T2 Dongle, Raspi Pi2 Mod B, 6dB Collinear Antenna, Nevis Pre-Amp & 1090mhz SAW Filter, 9mtrs WF100 Cable and 28ft Mast.
    Software: Rasbain Jessie Lite, FR24 Feeder, Dump1090mutab and VRS.
    Stats for Mar 18, 2016. Uptime:100%. Aircraft seen:2,012. Positions Reported:486,817. Maximum Distance:243nm (Stats provided by FR24)

Comment

• Originally posted by Amper View Post
      You can use default port on RTL1090 (31001) if you want to merge feeds in VRS, then set up that port in VRS for radars, and 30003 for rebroadcast server that will feed FR24 software
      Thanks Amper, I did all that previously and it didn't work. I had a break for my dinner, went back to it for a fresh look and realised that I didn't remove the /30003 command line from the RTL1090 properties and it's working now :-)
      T-EGBB16

Hardware: NooElec DVB-T2 Dongle, Raspi Pi2 Mod B, 6dB Collinear Antenna, Nevis Pre-Amp & 1090mhz SAW Filter, 9mtrs WF100 Cable and 28ft Mast.
      Stats for Mar 18, 2016. Uptime:100%. Aircraft seen:2,012. Positions Reported:486,817. Maximum Distance:243nm (Stats provided by FR24)

Comment

• Yeah like previous poster said, start RTL1090 with /30003 checkbox _unticked_, and in VRS you set the receiver network port to 31001 and Rebroadcast server to BaseStation and port 30003.
        This way I have two dongles and two antennas, one using ADSB# and the other using RTL1090, and setup a Merged Feed to FR24...
        One is using my active antenna for long range reception but it gets overloaded when planes pass overhead so I recently added another dongle with passive antenna for those close-by planes... seems to help.

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
          The full guide is if you want to build from scratch - then follow it doing one step at a time and it makes sense.

The easy way is to take the image and drop your feeder key into the fr24.sh script ... and your ready to go.

As for how many rigs to use at once on one key - I applied for a second key and why, the reply from support was to use the same one if I was feeding from the same place...
          Thanks Peter,

What's your opinion of the Raspberry Pi's ver 2 on eBay? There are Wired versions and WiFi versions. If these are ok, I might buy one of these setups and take it from there, using your setup guide.
          T-EGBB16

Comment

• Never tried the v2 so can't comment. I did a version of the original for beaglebone black - but the platform is awkward enough to get the operating system on that I just couldn't find the will to do it again. It just depends how easy the os is to put on

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Never tried the v2 so can't comment.
              Sorry Peter, I meant to type Raspberry Pi Model B rev2
              T-EGBB16

Comment

• Should be OK. The trick with the pi is to have more than one SD card - so once you have a working config you can preserve it while using another when trying stuff

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Should be OK. The trick with the pi is to have more than one SD card - so once you have a working config you can preserve it while using another when trying stuff
                  That's brilliant - thanks Peter. I might purchase one of these Model B rev 2 off eBay in the next week or so. They come ready assembled in a purpose built plastic case, with a 5v PSU, all leads and a 4GB SD Card. So, in theory, I only need to install the software and configure it as per your instructions and once it's working (that'll be a miracle for me haha) then I can copy the SD Card onto another as backup. Easy to say I guess lol
                  T-EGBB16

Comment

• hi guys

I want to share with you images from my tower.

F-LTBL1 Izmir / Turkey tower did it myself

I'm scared of the possibility of lightning I need to take measures

length :8meter

Photo 28.04.2014 11 17 23.jpgPhoto 28.04.2014 11 18 03.jpgPhoto 28.04.2014 11 18 51.jpg
                    F-LTBJ1 & N-LTBJ1 & T-LTBJ1 Izmir / Turkey

F-LTAN1 Konya / Turkey

F-LTCS1 SanliUrfa / Turkey

F-LTFJ3 Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen Airport / Turkey

Comment

• Wow... it looks very good W4lRon! You made the tower yourself? The fr24 receiver is inside a box at the base of the tower then?

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                        Wow... it looks very good W4lRon! You made the tower yourself? The fr24 receiver is inside a box at the base of the tower then?
                        yes i made this tower I tried a bit but it was nice

fr24 receiver in the room under the tower and quite safe

our building 10 floors.roof of the building here

Thank you for your good wishes

F-LTAN1 Konya / Turkey

Comment

• Originally posted by W4lRon View Post
                          yes i made this tower I tried a bit but it was nice

fr24 receiver in the room under the tower and quite safe

our building 10 floors.roof of the building here

Thank you for your good wishes
                          Ah yes I see the cable going into the window now. Good work.

How long did it take you to make it? Must be quite satisfied with the job . Don't seems to have much obstructions around you so your coverage should be quite good. 250nm easily I guess?

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                            Ah yes I see the cable going into the window now. Good work.

How long did it take you to make it? Must be quite satisfied with the job . Don't seems to have much obstructions around you so your coverage should be quite good. 250nm easily I guess?
                            I've completed the project one month in my free time during the day thanks.

The average viewing distance 225-250nm.
                            There are other mountains in the northern region.coverage was a little low in the northern region There's nothing that can be done

other regions of the radar somewhat dominant.I think the data transfer rate

This image PlanePlotter.I get it now image

aaaa.jpg
                            Last edited by W4lRon; 2014-04-28, 09:29.

F-LTAN1 Konya / Turkey

Comment

• well done, I agree it looks nice
                              /me *envious*

Comment

• Originally posted by W4lRon View Post
                                hi guys

I want to share with you images from my tower.

F-LTBL1 Izmir / Turkey
                                Wonderful job there W4lRon. Very impressed with your tower
                                T-EGBB16

Comment

Working...
                                X