Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Limpost View Post
    Hi Ruth,

Good morning to you too. hoping to be one of the feeders soon.
    Great!, let me invite FR24 feeders into this forum, F-WMKI1, T-WMKI2, and few coming
    Last edited by Ruth; 2014-04-14, 05:06.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruth View Post
      Great!, let me bring in invite FR24 feeders into this forum, F-WMKI1, T-WMKI2, and few coming
      Oh good you know them... we really can start a Malaysia Radar thread soon.

Comment

• great! sharing knowledge

Comment

• I'm sure this has been brought up before but vbulletins "search" handling is shocking... anyway...

Is there an authoritative post somewhere that says how FR24 decide to use a particular feeder?

This would be helpful in knowing if our configs are working, and if our feed is actually of any use, or whatever, I often see aircraft overhead that are not displayed as from my feed but someone else's, I've read F-'s are given priority, is that by database, or the way they send the signal as I've also read (timings) - since they are just mini PC's, there's no reason another feeder cant be - yet using dump1090, its there in all its glory.

I also think this explanation would be a good thing to add to the FAQ if Mike is reading this

Comment

• There is a link in the forum FAQ
            http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...oftware-thread!)
            And actually some things has changed since that was written. There are so much feeders and there is so much data, and we merge data from so many sources so the radar code is NOT reliable. Speed can be from one source, altitude from another and position a third source. On top there is a cache, estimation and error handling so the radar code says nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
              There is a link in the forum FAQ
              http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...oftware-thread!)
              And actually some things has changed since that was written. There are so much feeders and there is so much data, and we merge data from so many sources so the radar code is NOT reliable. Speed can be from one source, altitude from another and position a third source. On top there is a cache, estimation and error handling so the radar code says nothing.
              Thanks Mike, hrmm, maybe add it to the official FR24 FAQ? is the first place newbies like myself go to find info.
              cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Ressy View Post
                Thanks Mike, hrmm, maybe add it to the official FR24 FAQ? is the first place newbies like myself go to find info.
                cheers
                That suggestion has been made a few times. They are too occupied with other higher priority matters I suppose as they are a small company with only a handful of staffs.

Comment

• People are not reading the FAQ anyway...

So far today 6 threads deleted either answered in FAQ or thread/question already posted last week.

Comment

• Hey everyone. New feeder here, T-LLSD6.

Just wanted to say hi and point to a blog post I wrote about my RTL-SDR / WR703n based setup.

http://blog.y3xz.com/blog/2014/04/24...dar24-dot-com/

Happy to answer any questions about the setup

Comment

• Hi, Can anyone give me some clue whats going on here.

I am getting lots of plane here, but server not connecting. and my feeder showing offline. Can you give me solution for this ?

01.jpg02.jpg

Thanks & regards,
                      Zahidul Hasan.
                      Last edited by zahidulhasan; 2014-04-26, 17:44. Reason: Wrong Pic

Comment

• Tried using an IP of the Pi instead of "localhost"?
                        F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• Originally posted by YSWG View Post
                          Tried using an IP of the Pi instead of "localhost"?
                          Dear Sir, I am using a static IP for this RPI. When i am using DHCP server is working. I am not a expert for Linux. Can you tell me if i am using static IP and how to change the "Localhost" as IP address. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by zahidulhasan View Post
                            Dear Sir, I am using a static IP for this RPI. When i am using DHCP server is working. I am not a expert for Linux. Can you tell me if i am using static IP and how to change the "Localhost" as IP address. Thanks in advance.
                            Dear Bro, i tried with IP also, no improve.

root@raspberry-pi:~# ./fr24feed_arm-le_241s --fr24key=(................) --bs-ip=83.140.247.20
                            [i]FR24Feed v241 - built on Feb 20 2014/09:54:09
                            [i]Downloading configuration...OK
                            [i]Parsing configuration...OK
                            [c]Interval: 5s
                            [c]Latitude: 23.8412
                            [c]Longitude: 90.4255
                            [c]GND: YES
                            [c]NonADSB: YES
                            [i]Source defined as Basestation
                            [b]connecting to 83.140.247.20:30003
                            [n]defined 1 server
                            [n]VGHS1@83.140.21.66:8099/UDP
                            [n]connecting
                            [i][stats]Stats thread started
                            [n]connected
                            [n]switching to UDP
                            [n]working
                            [n]ping 1
                            [n]ping 2
                            [e]could not connect to BS
                            [i]waiting 5 seconds
                            [i]Source defined as Basestation
                            [b]connecting to 83.140.247.20:30003
                            [n]ping 3
                            [n]ping 4
                            ^C
                            root@raspberry-pi:~#
                            Last edited by zahidulhasan; 2014-04-27, 01:29.

Comment

• Originally posted by zahidulhasan View Post
                              Dear Bro, i tried with IP also, no improve.
                              root@raspberry-pi:~# /fr24feed_arm-le_241s --fr24key=(................)--bs-ip=83.140.247.20
                              Why are you giving it an IP?
                              Are you trying to fetch remote results? Are you sure the targets aren't locally on your raspberry pi?
                              If so, make sure you have the proper ports opened and forwarded.
                              Otherwise, remove this argument.

(Also, why are you sharing your key with everyone?)
                              Last edited by speedbird1960; 2014-04-27, 22:36. Reason: Sharing Key removed from quote

Comment

• Hi there. Please edit your posts and remove your feeder key.
                                Your PI should have a local LAN IP address, like 192.168.0.11 You should use that IP in your --bs-ip= line. When you use the Internet IP (83.140.247.20) you must open ports on your firewall / router, which makes things more difficult.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X