Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
    Hello Orang Terengganu@Limpost,

Nothing yet as of now from the post. I will update once things are sorted. T-WMKN1 is doing a very good job covering the South China Sea, hope he/she is aware of the host equipment offer. There are 5 FR24 receivers in Malaysia, so hopefully customs wont turn it back. Most likely need to pay customs tax... we will know soon how much.

In the mean time maybe you can consider getting a raspberry pi + dongle setup with a good antenna to try?
    Thanks, please keep us updated. WMKC seems to be off the air but WMKN is doing a fantastic job. It all depends on FR24 shipping invoice. What description & value they put for the shipment.

Comment

• In ALL communication during application process it's very CLEARLY stated that host should ALWAYS contact support@fr24.com regarding ALL question that have about the equipment, shipping and installation. The same of course applies to customs and invoice issues. If there are ANY problems in customs you should contact support@fr24.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        In ALL communication during application process it's very CLEARLY stated that host should ALWAYS contact support@fr24.com regarding ALL question that have about the equipment, shipping and installation. The same of course applies to customs and invoice issues. If there are ANY problems in customs you should contact support@fr24.com
        Roger, loud and clear. I will shut up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
          In ALL communication during application process it's very CLEARLY stated that host should ALWAYS contact support@fr24.com regarding ALL question that have about the equipment, shipping and installation. The same of course applies to customs and invoice issues. If there are ANY problems in customs you should contact support@fr24.com
          Thanks Mike for the info. I have been thinking of applying for a FR24 box.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
            Roger, loud and clear. I will shut up.
            Hahahahahahahahaha
            RTL SDR : T-VEVZ1

Comment

• Today I successfully tested in RPI. I am working inside my home and found lower signal. Hope it will work fine in the rooftop.

20.png

Comment

• Originally posted by zahidulhasan View Post
                Today I successfully tested in RPI. I am working inside my home and found lower signal. Hope it will work fine in the rooftop.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3785[/ATTACH]
                I'd get about 4 times as many with the antenna indoors - click the link in my footer to see what I get with a decent external antenna.

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                  I'd get about 4 times as many with the antenna indoors - click the link in my footer to see what I get with a decent external antenna.
                  Today i tested the dongle in my rooftop which is 250 feet sea level. And from my location northern side is open, i got 250-300 km distance aircraft signal. In my picture, RED plane is 250km & BLUE plane is 300km away from my receiver.

24.jpg

Comment

Today i tested the dongle in my rooftop which is 250 feet sea level. And from my location northern side is open, i got 250-300 km distance aircraft signal. In my picture, RED plane is 250km & BLUE plane is 300km away from my receiver.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3790[/ATTACH]
                    Looks good, 12 planes received - only 6 have full ADS-B.

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                      Looks good, 12 planes received - only 6 have full ADS-B.

Does any way to show in FR24 which don't have full ADS-B transponder ?

Comment

Does any way to show in FR24 which don't have full ADS-B transponder ?
                        The only way to show non ADS-B Aircraft is with at least four Flightradar24 receivers that are MLAT equipped.

More about MLAT here: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...-Flightradar24
                        AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

• Yes, but it needs several FR24 supplied 'RadarCape' receivers covering the same area working together to enable higher quality data collection so the position can be established by 'Multi-lateration' or M-LAT ... basicly the receivers work out the time difference between them to receive the signal - using that data the servers triangulate the aircraft position.

Comment

• Sorry for cross-posting, but maybe this is not a Linux related problem:

I get very reasonable results with the little crap antenna that was included in my DVB-T stick mounted on the rooflight (outside), dump1090 (running on an Ubuntu 13.10 system) receives between 15 and 30 planes and feeds them properly to FR24. I received planes from 245 nm away, in average the limit is at around 150 nm. Today I received an adapter to connect my scanner antenna (BNC) to the stick and now I receive 1 or 2 planes at maximum. The antenna works fine when I use it on my scanner, but gives extremely poor results on the stick.

I tested the antenna with the stick with rtl_fm, a program to receive am/fm-radio and I can hear ATIS from EDDN airport loud and clear (EDDN is 11 kilometers away on the other end of the city). So the stick-antenna-combinations seems to work. But with dump1090 I get nearly nothing.

Is it possible that the signal is too strong for dump1090? I played a little bit with --gain and --enable-agc, but without any improvement.
                            Feeder T-EDDN26

Comment

• No, it's your scanner antenna, you can't use it for ADS-B reception. That antenna is designed to receive a frecuency band between 108-136 MHz, ADS-B messages are transmitted on 1090 MHz.
                              Northwest Spain: F-LECO1, F-LEST1

Comment

• The antenna works from 25-2000 MHz and some reviews on Amazon say, that it works fine for ADS-B.
                                Feeder T-EDDN26

Comment

Working...
                                X