X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by delcomp View Post
    Ratty

(F-EDLE1)
    When I knew that I would be Offline,. I used the Contact Us on the map page.
    And I informed them,. of my estimated time, that I would be Offline.

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Good Luck.
    Thank you for the tip delcomp, I'll do that !
    F-LFST2

"Life without knowledge is death in disguise"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ratty View Post
      Hi all,

This weekend weather forecast are good thus I plan to climb on my roof and reorganize my antennas a little bit.
      This will lead in F-LFST2 and T-LFST3 to be down for a couple of hours on Saturday.
      Whereas T-LFST3 is not a problem, F-LFST2 is an issue since it is powered by a FR24 receiver.

I don't know if there is a way to signal scheduled down times to FR24 to avoid getting an automated alert because the receiver is down. Maybe a thread dedicated to this would help.

How did the other FR24 receivers hosts handle such scheduled down times ?
      Hi off topic here Ratty, just wondering you use 2 antennas to feed the 2 receivers or do you use 1 antenna and then split them to the 2 receivers? If so what splitter do you use? Maybe a picture of your antennas to show us if you are ok with that? If you don't want to you don't need to. Thanks.
      Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-03-27, 07:51.

Comment

• CNBCAfrica: App of the week: Flightradar24
        Flightradar24 is a flight tracker that shows live air routes from around the world. It aggregates worldwide data with schedule and flight status data from ai...

"Congrats to the 'Entire FlightRadar24 Team" ! Management, Staff, Hardware and Software providers !
        The 'Entire Team" !
        VE6CPP
        F-CYQL1

Comment

• Originally posted by Ratty View Post
          I don't know if there is a way to signal scheduled down times to FR24 to avoid getting an automated alert because the receiver is down. Maybe a thread dedicated to this would help.

How did the other FR24 receivers hosts handle such scheduled down times ?
          As you wrote the alert is automated so there is no way of stopping it, but as you know why the equipment is down you can just ignore and delete the alert.
          The automatic alert is sent is after 6h and FR24 is normally not contacting feeders before 24h downtime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
            As you wrote the alert is automated so there is no way of stopping it, but as you know why the equipment is down you can just ignore and delete the alert.
            The automatic alert is sent is after 6h and FR24 is normally not contacting feeders before 24h downtime.
            That's handy to know. My ISP today did a 1h 30m maintenance on the network, so the receiver was not helping with MLAT.
            Would you like to know about these events or as long as i know why it was down and no future issues are expected it's all good?

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
              That looks to be the correct part,

you might also want to consider also getting an MCX adaptor so you can easily 'upgrade' to a bigger antenna later - just check you get one that you can connect to something you can obtain at the other end

for example http://www.aliexpress.com/item/LWJ-0...464734646.html
              Dear "Peterht"

Feeling exciting to get get one R820T USB dongle in my hand. I got the dongle in last night. It has a remote control & small antenna with MCX port.

Can you tell me how to make it workable in windows 7 laptop ? I have very good wifi speed in this laptop. If i found better working in this laptop i will put it in linux. You can help me also to give some web link to work as a beginner.

Thanks & regards,
              Zahidul Hasan.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                Hi off topic here Ratty, just wondering you use 2 antennas to feed the 2 receivers or do you use 1 antenna and then split them to the 2 receivers? If so what splitter do you use? Maybe a picture of your antennas to show us if you are ok with that? If you don't want to you don't need to. Thanks.
                Hi, I am using 2 separate antennas. Maybe I'll post some pictures of my antenna setup in the Technical section later on this weekend
                F-LFST2

"Life without knowledge is death in disguise"

Comment

• Originally posted by zahidulhasan View Post
                  Dear "Peterht"

Feeling exciting to get get one R820T USB dongle in my hand. I got the dongle in last night. It has a remote control & small antenna with MCX port.

Can you tell me how to make it workable in windows 7 laptop ? I have very good wifi speed in this laptop. If i found better working in this laptop i will put it in linux. You can help me also to give some web link to work as a beginner.

Thanks & regards,
                  Zahidul Hasan.
                  Sorry, I never really tried to make this work with Windows - I just did it on Linux using a Raspberry Pi computer.

See http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...e-to-feed-FR24

Comment

• Originally posted by zahidulhasan View Post
                    Dear "Peterht"

Thanks & regards,
                    Zahidul Hasan.
                    I havent been using a dongle with PC for sometime so I might be a bit outdated.

You can use 2 softwares:
                    1) adsb sharp: http://sdrsharp.com/index.php/a-simp...-using-rtl-sdr
                    or
                    2) RTL1090 to decode the data, and then you will need a GUI like Planeplotter (PP) or virtual radar server to display the data. http://rtl1090.web99.de/

Also an excellent guide by Nic Storey for dongle + PP: http://www.nicstorey.co.uk/planeplotter/Home

Getting a Rpi will save you running your PC 24/7 which consumes a quite a bit of power compared to a Rpi. The first 10 pages of the rpi thread (link as of peterhr) is the most important.

Have a good search around the forum here or google/youtube around to find your queries will help too.

Good luck.
                    Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-03-28, 09:11.

Comment

• Dear mates,

I am happy to install the modem and related software to work the USB dongle. My house situated 2km near to airport& i am able to get some transponder data from the aircraft. Some pictures attached. Can you tell me how to put this data to FR24 website. I tried, but failed to do. I cannot make sharing info. Can you help me solve it?

1.png3.png4.png5.png6.png.

Thanks & regards,
                      Zahidul Hasan.
                      Last edited by zahidulhasan; 2014-03-28, 16:36. Reason: Picture missplaced

Comment

• Did you start RTL1090 in /30003 mode?
                        If you did then FR24sw should start feeding as soon as there are 2 planes with full ads-b info on your radar.
                        After that you will be provided with sharing key.
                        As Mike said earlier, they would like you to contact them in case of problems http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...acting-support
                        For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• Originally posted by Amper View Post
                          Did you start RTL1090 in /30003 mode?
                          If you did then FR24sw should start feeding as soon as there are 2 planes with full ads-b info on your radar.
                          After that you will be provided with sharing key.
                          As Mike said earlier, they would like you to contact them in case of problems http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...acting-support
                          Dear sir,

Whats is the way to config 30003 mode? Can you check the picture ? If its this settings ok ?

7.png

Thanks,
                          Zahidul Hasan

Comment

• http://www.flightradar24.com/dvbt-stick here you have all info, feel free to contact me on skype for faster setup
                            For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• Originally posted by Amper View Post
                              http://www.flightradar24.com/dvbt-stick here you have all info, feel free to contact me on skype for faster setup

Dear All,

After some work, i am able to bring my airport(DAC) to FR24 website. And i am very happy to do it. Its just temporary test. I will try to place a Raspberry Pi with it. Here is two picture showing UAE548 landing on DAC.

UAE548.jpgUAE548-2.jpg

Thanks to all,
                              Zahidul Hasan.

Comment

• FR24 coverage expansion continues. I don't think that we ever had so many different countries in one weeks shipping list before.

One of the USA receivers will be installed in Mexico.

Comment

Working...
                                X