X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok I will contact them on the email you provided. Thanks
    Adrian

Comment

• Again this shit thing is back doing whatever is not solving the problem please help if anyone knows the solution and more over this is not problem of coaxial or dongle or antenna everything are working perfect when i tested in my room but when i placed antenna on my roof the problem is backUntitled.png
      RTL SDR : T-VEVZ1

Comment

• Originally posted by charan View Post
        Again this shit thing is back doing whatever is not solving the problem please help if anyone knows the solution and more over this is not problem of coaxial or dongle or antenna everything are working perfect when i tested in my room but when i placed antenna on my roof the problem is back[ATTACH=CONFIG]3656[/ATTACH]
        Very strong local interference or there's something wrong
        - did you add anything ... different coaxial cable
        - earth loop

Comment

• Originally posted by charan View Post
          Again this shit thing is back doing whatever is not solving the problem please help if anyone knows the solution and more over this is not problem of coaxial or dongle or antenna everything are working perfect when i tested in my room but when i placed antenna on my roof the problem is back[ATTACH=CONFIG]3656[/ATTACH]
          i will put my money on dongle connection and/or antenna

p.s.
          it's wery hard to follow your problem when you write in many topics
          Last edited by Amper; 2014-03-22, 14:32.
          For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
            Very strong local interference or there's something wrong
            - did you add anything ... different coaxial cable
            - earth loop
            no earth loop but i guess the interference is from my VHF antenna because it is in height i place collinear antenna beside it so this evening i moved the antenna to other building there is no interference but due to low height my range decreased but signal was good

Comment

• Originally posted by Amper View Post
              i will put my money on dongle connection and/or antenna

p.s.
              it's wery hard to follow your problem when you write in many topics
              Sorry about that im very desperate to solve it some how i guess that is from VHF antenna

Comment

• without good pigtail, good coax, and precisely made/positioned antenna you will never solve problem.
                this is really sensitive "sport". I saw your "pigtail" picture. Not going to work. Pigtail is 3$ expence and makes miracles.
                SDR# and "waterfalls" are not signal quality tool.
                For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  New FR24 receivers

F-EHKD1 activated in Den Helder, Netherlands (totally crazy coverage)
                  F-EGVN1 activated in Brize Norton, United Kingdom (totally crazy coverage)
                  F-LFAC1 activated in Calais, France (totally crazy coverage)
                  F-KLEX2 activated in Lexington, United States
                  F-YBSU2 activated in Sunshine Coast, Australia

Since Mike cannot answer it seems, i will have to ask the question here, as i like a challenge.
                  What would a totally crazy coverage means distance wise you think?

This weekend or next weekend i am going to do some tower testing.
                  I have a small laptop+rtlsdr mini+adsb#+fr24feed running. I will make virtual radar server screenshots to keep record of max distance.

http://x264.nl/dump/ads-b-antenna-gr...ane-proper.jpg will be used as antenna.

My current record at about 40 meter height:

473 km = 255 nmi

With the FR24 receiver according to the stats page, 2014-03-17:
                  uptime (as % of available time): 99.2%
                  Aircraft seen: 3,191
                  Positions reported: 555,454
                  Total data upload: n/a
                  Maximum distance: 326nm <-- kinda doubting this though...

Comment

• Not unusual, my hight is shown as 164.5m [AMSL]
                    And the antennae is on the roof just above the tv antennae, I am in quite a high area with good coverage of Farnborough, Gatwick and Heathrow (EGLF, EGLL, EGKK) and often get ground coverage at all 3 (not often at EGKK but quite often at the other 2)
                    I see max distance of 300+ nm 2-3 times per week.

Stats for: 2014-03-16

Uptime (as % of available time): 100%
                    Aircraft seen: 3,468
                    Positions reported: 819,181
                    Maximum distance: 325nm
                    FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

• Hi, I would like to share my experiences with one of our radars. F-GCRR1 at Lanzarote, Canary Islands, NW Africa.
                      Itīs 565 meters high and itīs my current (maximum distance) record by now:

Stats for: 2014-03-17
                      Aircraft seen: 367
                      Positions reported: 164.235
                      Maximum distance: 329nm --->> 609 kms.

Enjoy!
                      Rafa
                      http://www.lanzaroteradar.com
                      Covering the Canary Islands, Madeira & North West Africa
                      F-GCRR1: 565 meters high. F-GCRR2: 614 meters high. F-GCRR3: 604 meters high.
                      F-GCRR5: next to the airport. Improving Canary Islands and Western Sahara MLAT.
                      F-GCRR6 (Ex-FGCRR4): 358 meters high. F-GCRR7 : 300 meters high.

Rafa - Lanzarote, Canary Islands, NW Africa - EA8APP

Comment

• Originally posted by lanzarote View Post
                        Hi, I would like to share my experiences with one of our radars. F-GCRR1 at Lanzarote, Canary Islands, NW Africa.
                        Itīs 565 meters high and itīs my current (maximum distance) record by now:

Stats for: 2014-03-17
                        Aircraft seen: 367
                        Positions reported: 164.235
                        Maximum distance: 329nm --->> 609 kms.

Enjoy!
                        Rafa
                        http://www.lanzaroteradar.com
                        Which antenna are you using and your configuration?

Comment

• The standard antenna you see in the picture at my website. Itīs about 45 cms.
                          Covering the Canary Islands, Madeira & North West Africa
                          F-GCRR1: 565 meters high. F-GCRR2: 614 meters high. F-GCRR3: 604 meters high.
                          F-GCRR5: next to the airport. Improving Canary Islands and Western Sahara MLAT.
                          F-GCRR6 (Ex-FGCRR4): 358 meters high. F-GCRR7 : 300 meters high.

Rafa - Lanzarote, Canary Islands, NW Africa - EA8APP

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarod View Post
                            Since Mike cannot answer it seems, i will have to ask the question here, as i like a challenge.
                            What would a totally crazy coverage means distance wise you think?

This weekend or next weekend i am going to do some tower testing.
                            I have a small laptop+rtlsdr mini+adsb#+fr24feed running. I will make virtual radar server screenshots to keep record of max distance.

http://x264.nl/dump/ads-b-antenna-gr...ane-proper.jpg will be used as antenna.

My current record at about 40 meter height:

473 km = 255 nmi

With the FR24 receiver according to the stats page, 2014-03-17:
                            uptime (as % of available time): 99.2%
                            Aircraft seen: 3,191
                            Positions reported: 555,454
                            Maximum distance: 326nm <-- kinda doubting this though...

So it will this upcoming weekend. If tests show good progress i will submit another receiver request or a move my current receiver request.
                            Or leave it as it is, whatever the FR24 peeps prefer!

Comment

• Scheduled down times

Hi all,

This weekend weather forecast are good thus I plan to climb on my roof and reorganize my antennas a little bit.
                              This will lead in F-LFST2 and T-LFST3 to be down for a couple of hours on Saturday.
                              Whereas T-LFST3 is not a problem, F-LFST2 is an issue since it is powered by a FR24 receiver.

I don't know if there is a way to signal scheduled down times to FR24 to avoid getting an automated alert because the receiver is down. Maybe a thread dedicated to this would help.

How did the other FR24 receivers hosts handle such scheduled down times ?
                              F-LFST2

"Life without knowledge is death in disguise"

Comment

• Ratty

(F-EDLE1)
                                When I knew that I would be Offline,. I used the Contact Us on the map page.
                                And I informed them,. of my estimated time, that I would be Offline.

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Good Luck.
                                Last edited by delcomp; 2014-03-27, 07:03.
                                (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                                1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

Working...
                                X