Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YSWG View Post
    No, can't see the airport but can see aircraft doing their finals for the southern approach to the E/SE (if flying from the north, since I have a hill in my way to the S/SE). I'm about 11.3 km (7 miles) as the crow flies and about 30m lower (I'm located on a flood plain) then the airport's elevation.
    Oh.! which antenna do you use and what is the distance from dongle ? and if possible please explain your setup. and if possible take a pic towards the airport direction from the antenna so i can get a rough idea can i make it or not..
    (feels like i'm getting what i need )
    RTL SDR : T-VEVZ1

Comment

• Just the cheap (though paid more for a locally sourced dongle) DTV/FM/DAB dongle from eBay. Just made the collinear antenna (few of them, one per instructions online and the others had my own design) using RG6 quad shield coxial. Currently using 8 metres of coxial from the antenna to the receiver.

I'll post a few photos later.
      Last edited by YSWG; 2014-03-19, 00:21.
      F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

Just the cheap (though paid more for a locally sourced dongle) DTV/FM/DAB dongle from eBay. Just made the collinear antenna (few of them, one per instructions online and the others had my own design) using RG6 quad shield coxial. Currently using 8 metres of coxial from the antenna to the receiver.

To the show us the hardware thread
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Just the cheap (though paid more for a locally sourced dongle) DTV/FM/DAB dongle from eBay. Just made the collinear antenna (few of them, one per instructions online and the others had my own design) using RG6 quad shield coxial. Currently using 8 metres of coxial from the antenna to the receiver.

wow i guess your design is awesome may be thats why you are getting planes perfectly please do post pics of antenna as well

Comment

Excellent - this is what I had 'till I installed the bulgarian colinnear (below) - that increased my range by 10% for a relitivly low cost.

Comment

• My designs had their flaws, found that keeping it simple gives you the most reliable results. I'm not going to go into the total set-up and design, which would be more suited to the hardware forum. I've also noticed that I'm getting more messages, hit over 56,000 for the 18th and also recorded 226 aircraft on FR24. 560 aircraft on Virtual Radar.

_MG_5262.jpg
              New location set-up

_MG_5257.jpg
              View (could do with another metre on my tripod to show what the top half of the antenna can see) to the E/SE.
              Last edited by YSWG; 2014-03-19, 10:00.
              F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

My designs had their flaws, found that keeping it simple gives you the most reliable results. I'm not going to go into the total set-up and design, which would be more suited to the hardware forum. I've also noticed that I'm getting more messages, hit over 56,000 for the 18th and also recorded 226 aircraft on FR24. 560 aircraft on Virtual Radar.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3608[/ATTACH]
                New location set-up

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3609[/ATTACH]
                View (could do with another metre on my tripod to show what the top half of the antenna can see) to the E/SE.
                Thats awesome ill check my setup and make some changes ill inform you !

Comment

My designs had their flaws, found that keeping it simple gives you the most reliable results. I'm not going to go into the total set-up and design, which would be more suited to the hardware forum. I've also noticed that I'm getting more messages, hit over 56,000 for the 18th and also recorded 226 aircraft on FR24. 560 aircraft on Virtual Radar.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3608[/ATTACH]
                  New location set-up
                  You use zipties like I use ducttape!

Comment

• Anybody has any idea why i'm getting only icao a lot? and disturbance as well but mainly i was worried about that icao codes it comes and vanishes but no messages received .. Untitled.jpg at that time there are no flights in the skies in flightradar24 (well my location is covered by another radar as well above FL300).. ! but there are aircrafts in the nearest airport 3nmi through the air !(again not taking off or anything just sitting there)

Comment

• low signal...bad antenna..bad antenna position...bad connection antenna-receiver
                      that's about it
                      For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• Originally posted by Amper View Post
                        low signal...bad antenna..bad antenna position...bad connection antenna-receiver
                        that's about it
                        Roger that!

Comment

• You've got a fair bit of EMF noise, if you've got a anti-static bag (used for sensitive computer parts) place the dongle inside it, USB extension cable (so you can move the dongle away from the computer (which could be the source of the noise but also helps to take pressure off the MCX) and if you have a EMF noise filter that can be fitted to the antenna cable, use it.
                          Last edited by YSWG; 2014-03-19, 22:34.
                          F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

You've got a fair bit of EMF noise, if you've got a anti-static bag (used for sensitive computer parts) place the dongle inside it, USB extension cable (so you can move the dongle away from the computer (which could be the source of the noise but also helps to take pressure off the MCX) and if you have a EMF noise filter that can be fitted to the antenna cable, use it.
                            Thanks for the suggestion i got a bunch of anti-static bags laying down will try that !!!!

Comment

You've got a fair bit of EMF noise, if you've got a anti-static bag (used for sensitive computer parts) place the dongle inside it, USB extension cable (so you can move the dongle away from the computer (which could be the source of the noise but also helps to take pressure off the MCX) and if you have a EMF noise filter that can be fitted to the antenna cable, use it.
                              This is awesome today i made a collinear antenna with mm accuracy ( 8 elements) and it is working AWESOMEEEE !! and thanks for the static bag it was soo helpfull thanks a lot <3 gsin.png im getting around 50% signal strength when the aircraft is at 38000, and around 100kms away. that is awesome but the main thing is still im not getting any planes at my nearest airport the reason is simple not enough height :/ will try again tomorrow with two other bamboo sticks will post results

Comment

• Originally posted by YMEN4 View Post
                                F-YMEN2 is me. I have a question about the premium section of the site. I started off feeding data to this site as T-YMEN4 and I still do. Since I activated the FR24 equipment I am feeding as F-YMEN2 but it's not showing up in the premium section under my account. I registered both under the same email address. How do I fix this?
                                Thanks
                                Adrian
                                Hi Hope you see this Adrian,

basically please contact them via this email:support@fr24.com

I suspect they are being overwhelmed lately with queries, so response time will take at least 5-7 working day or longer. They are doing what they can to answer queries, so please be patient. Perhaps just swap receivers for a while to keep your premium going whilst waiting for their reply. Just a suggestion.

Source: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...acting-support

Comment

Working...
                                X