Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zahidulhasan View Post
    Dear North Borneo Radar,

Thank you so much for your reply with advice.

I can put RTL-SDR R820T dongle with raspberry pi easily.

I can host a FR24 reciever with 24/7/356 high speed internet. I can put the receiver,in this location(23.793867°N 90.403958°E) which is in 6.04km south of DAC. I have another suitable location( 23.870891°N 90.400053°E) with 24/7/356 high speed internet which is 2.62 km north of DAC. Both the location antenna placing altitude could be maximum 300 feet.

I would like to request you to give me more advice for this job.

Thanking you again.
    Zahidul Hasan.
    i guess the second location will be perfect for you. and let the fr24 approve.. in mean time if u can spend some money for this you can buy RTLSDR dongle. which is a multipurpose tool and its worth every penny
    so i suggest you to get one from ebay it costs 600INR for and i bought 2.. and i can even get the weather right from noaa satellite. so try it.
    Charan.
    RTL SDR : T-VEVZ1

Comment

• Originally posted by charan View Post
      i guess the second location will be perfect for you. and let the fr24 approve.. in mean time if u can spend some money for this you can buy RTLSDR dongle. which is a multipurpose tool and its worth every penny
      so i suggest you to get one from ebay it costs 600INR for and i bought 2.. and i can even get the weather right from noaa satellite. so try it.
      Charan.
      Dear Charan, I can collect the dongle easily. Can you give me a forum discussion or web address from where i can learn how to setup the dongle? Does any especial specification required for this ?

Thanks & regards,
      Zahidul Hasan

Comment

Dear Charan, I can collect the dongle easily. Can you give me a forum discussion or web address from where i can learn how to setup the dongle? Does any especial specification required for this ?

Thanks & regards,
        Zahidul Hasan
        Its damn easy just google. http://www.flightradar24.com/dvbt-stick

Comment

• Added extra 50cm in height to the then set-up, had better distance to the north (upto around Forbes) and west (south down around Hay), though fixes at that distance was poor.

I've since been forced to change my set-up due to the wind on Saturday bending the PVC pipe. This reduced my fixes and distance, due to the coaxial joints moving. I've rebuilt the antenna but have kept it at 8 elements with a 68cm whip at the top. Height is lower for the short term but will be interesting to see how good my fixes are and the distance I get.
          F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• Originally posted by YSWG View Post
            Added extra 50cm in height to the then set-up, had better distance to the north (upto around Forbes) and west (south down around Hay), though fixes at that distance was poor.

I've since been forced to change my set-up due to the wind on Saturday bending the PVC pipe. This reduced my fixes and distance, due to the coaxial joints moving. I've rebuilt the antenna but have kept it at 8 elements with a 68cm whip at the top. Height is lower for the short term but will be interesting to see how good my fixes are and the distance I get.
            Hi can you please post a screenshot here of SDR# tuned to 1090mhz i just want to see the waterfall.. and guys today i remade my antenna and got the best coaxial cable from reliance company and my test shows nothing much different from my old jointed coaxial and antenna and i guess the antenna is tuned to 1089mhz or so check the waterfall suggest me any changes Untitled.jpg

Comment

Thanks & regards,
              Zahidul Hasan
              you can build a windows based receiver (means keeping the PC on all the time) or Linux based receiver that can be based on a Raspberry Pi (see the first few posts here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...e-to-feed-FR24 ). THe raspberry pi would be kept on all the time too, but it uses very little electricity and you dont have to think about it if you want to do emails etc.

Comment

• Dear Friends,

Can you help me to get answer of some question?

1> Does any legal issue involved to placing a receiver publicly ? Does any legal issue or dispute happened in the past throughout the world ?
                2> This flight data can help criminal to does criminal activity with aviation ? in such situation, what is FR24 stand?
                3> How much internet bandwidth consume when this receiver works?
                4> Can we get extra benefit if we put more receiver in the different area location the airport?

As i applied to get a receiver from FR24, they created a ticket regarding this. How can i access the ticket? My ticket number is 34763.

Thanks & regards,
                Zahidul hasan.
                Last edited by zahidulhasan; 2014-03-17, 11:22. Reason: wrong number

Comment

• Hi Guys (including Admin),
                  I am from SL, recently FR24 has added our second int airport, However we cannot see flight in southern part our country, Can i know where is the nearest radar point to Sri Lanka. Or a list of radar points in around south Asia..

pls

Comment

Dear Friends,

Can you help me to get answer of some question?

1> Does any legal issue involved to placing a receiver publicly ? Does any legal issue or dispute happened in the past throughout the world ?

The receiver is picking up an unencrypted signal broadcast from the aircraft, most countries are not to bothered about it - but some regimes that like to censor what information the population have access to

2> This flight data can help criminal to does criminal activity with aviation ? in such situation, what is FR24 stand?

FR24 are reluctant to discuss this, but they do block (not repeat) information they have been passed about private and military aircraft. This is stated in 'read me first' link at the top left of the page

3> How much internet bandwidth consume when this receiver works?

We (as users) are quoted up to 600Mb / month - more if MLAT is enabled, but this depends on how many aircraft are seen

4> Can we get extra benefit if we put more receiver in the different area location the airport?

Yes, it fills in 'coverage holes' behind buildings etc, and if FR24 recievers are used and they are spaced enough may help with MLAT

As i applied to get a receiver from FR24, they created a ticket regarding this. How can i access the ticket? My ticket number is 34763.

You would need to email support@FR24.com - but they are a small and busy team ... they will get back to you if there is something to say. They may be reluctant to ship a receiver to some countries where they have tried in the past and they have been sent back by the officials at the border.

There is always the option of putting in your own low cost receiver built using a $10 USD 'Dongle', a home built antenna and a windows PC - or instaed of a windows PC using a micro computer like a Raspberry Pi (cost about $50 for the Pi, power suply, memory card, etc)

Thanks & regards,
                    Zahidul hasan.

Please note: I am not an 'FR24 official' - just another forum user

Comment

• Originally posted by charan View Post
                      Hi can you please post a screenshot here of SDR# tuned to 1090mhz i just want to see the waterfall..
                      Will do when I have some free time, bit busy and not wanting to take it offline ATM (still a fair bit of air traffic). Moved the antenna 3 metres to the west, now can get aircraft right up to the runway, also can pick them up on the ground when taxiing off the runway onto the taxiway but buildings and structures (water towers) block most of the runway and moving the antenna has meant the hill to the SE has a slightly bigger black-spot for low level flights.
                      Attached Files
                      F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• Hi all,

I've just added my feed to for you, running AirNav Radarbox 3D, antenna will be relocated soon to a better position.
                        Mark
                        M0ROC
                        Rocket Radio
                        Flightradar24 live feed: T-EGGW38 via AirNav RadarBox 3D and AirNav RadarBox Micro

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post

Please note: I am not an 'FR24 official' - just another forum user
                          Dear "peterhr"

Its easy to buy from aliexpress for me. Can you brows this link and tell me, this is the actual device or not?

Thanks & regards,
                          Zahidul Hasan.

Comment

Dear "peterhr"

Its easy to buy from aliexpress for me. Can you brows this link and tell me, this is the actual device or not?

Thanks & regards,
                            Zahidul Hasan.
                            That looks to be the correct part,

you might also want to consider also getting an MCX adaptor so you can easily 'upgrade' to a bigger antenna later - just check you get one that you can connect to something you can obtain at the other end

for example http://www.aliexpress.com/item/LWJ-0...464734646.html

Comment

• Originally posted by YSWG View Post
                              Will do when I have some free time, bit busy and not wanting to take it offline ATM (still a fair bit of air traffic). Moved the antenna 3 metres to the west, now can get aircraft right up to the runway, also can pick them up on the ground when taxiing off the runway onto the taxiway but buildings and structures (water towers) block most of the runway and moving the antenna has meant the hill to the SE has a slightly bigger black-spot for low level flights.
                              wow this is awesome! is runway visible from your house? and how much distance from your house to airport ?can you see the airport? i have airport within 3nmi.. its elevation is 21 feet (runway) and my house's is 109 ft still i have lot of buildings in between and i cant see the airport at all.. but with my old setup ( now changing the antenna system; extending Dongle instead of coaxial i have to check that.) i use to get up to 50 feet. once even 0 ft and vanished its an A319. i just want to get the aircraft that on ground :/

Comment

• No, can't see the airport but can see aircraft doing their finals for the southern approach to the E/SE (if flying from the north, since I have a hill in my way to the S/SE). I'm about 11.3 km (7 miles) as the crow flies and about 30m lower (I'm located on a flood plain) then the airport's elevation.
                                Last edited by YSWG; 2014-03-18, 14:04.
                                F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

Working...
                                X