No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he gets no responce, Perhaps it will drive the user to read the associated support email with instructions on correct procedures to contact..
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by FR24support View Post
      If you have a Premium account, the FR24 receiver feed will be added to that account.
      I'm now broadcasting as F-EIWF2 but my premium account is still T-EIWF7. How long does it take to change over?

Mike

Comment

As explained in your Welcome email, please contact Support@FR24.com for help.

Comment

My data wasn't been seen by FR24 for a while but all seems ok now. Great to be on board as an F feeder

Comment

I just came online with a good antenna as T-KADS5 in the Dallas, TX area.

Comment

According to the "your feeds" page F-EIWF2 is online but when i go into "your stats" it has offline and no radar data has been uploaded. When i check my local traffic in Radarview i can see the aircraft i'm tracking so its an upload to FR24 error. Any ideas what may be causing the issues?

Mike

Comment

Can I repeat that you should contact Support@FR24.com for help with setting up our receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by FR24support View Post
                  Can I repeat that you should contact Support@FR24.com for help with setting up our receiver.
                  I have contacted support already. Sorry for posting questions here. Feel free to delete any offending posts.

Mike

Comment

OK, trying on the right post ...

Until now, I was feeding FR24 via Planeplotter (Options / Sharing Setup), but my station does not appear neither in your Station list nor in the station map.
                    Do you suggest me to feed via the FR24 feeder software instead ?
                    I'm located in Paris, France near Paris Le Bourget airport (LFPB)

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by AGilles View Post
                      OK, trying on the right post ...

Until now, I was feeding FR24 via Planeplotter (Options / Sharing Setup), but my station does not appear neither in your Station list nor in the station map.
                      Do you suggest me to feed via the FR24 feeder software instead ?
                      I'm located in Paris, France near Paris Le Bourget airport (LFPB)

Thanks
                      Planeplotter Feeders show as T-PP1, can you tell us what hardware you are using as this will help decide what is the best set-up.
                      AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

I'm using
                        - SBS1 Firmware 306 with Basestation 1.2.3.168 feeding Planeplotter 6.4.1.4
                        - running on PC Windows 8.1 64 bits i5-3330

Comment

You can feed using from within PlanePlotter but if you would like to take advantage of the free Premium subscription, you should use our feeder software instead:

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Our feeder needs decoded data on port 30003 so you need to make some PP settings. Please see PP Help:

"You can open a TCP/IP server that will output data in the SBS1*30003*format. The port can service up to five simultaneous connections. If you are using the PlaneGadget Radar, enabling this option with the port number set to*30003*will allow third party applications (or other instances of PP) to access the data as if it was from an SBS1. If you are using an SBS1 or an RBv3, which provides data access on port*30003, then you must change the TCP server port in this option to some other port number. Having done that, you could set up other instances of PlanePlotter to access the TCP server and display the data in some other way. You will need to specify the non-standard port number in those other instances of PlanePlotter. If you run multiple instances of PlanePlotter, please make sure that only one of them is set to share data. Otherwise you will overload the server and may lose sharing privileges. You could also allow multiple third party applications to access the data from the receiver via this port."

Comment

My feeder is at a science museum in Wilson, NC. I'm still trying to figure out how an aircraft flying directly over me shows a different radar (I'm F-KGSB1) and yet one 70-80 miles away does show me as the radar. When I get this fully set-up at the museum (displayed on a large monitor) and an subsequent article printed in the local newspaper I need to be able to explain this.

Comment

If an aircraft was first picked up outside your area from a local feeder, it's likely that the alias will continue to be attributed to that feeder as the aircraft flies overhead and still in range of that receiver. And vice versa.

As has been posted many times on this forum, the alias is just a label and comes with no warranty.

If you want to discuss this further for your location please email Support@FR24.com.

Comment

see http://ins-knowledge.blogspot.co.uk/...ys-better.html

Everyone thinks that the signal will be received equally from all directions - but it isn't - most signal is received from the sides and there's a sensitivity hole at the ends - in this case top and bottom since the antenna is mounted vertically.

In most cases this doesn't matter too much since we can see aircraft for 250 miles around the antenna if nothing gets in the way (hills, trees, buildings) - the planes overhead can only go 7 or 8 miles up (to about 43000 feet) so they pass through the hole quickly.

To illustrate - maybe you can use a florescent light tube and show how the brightest light travels out sideways from the tube and very little comes off the ends. This is why tubes used to be placed across corridors and not lengthways if you wanted even lighting and not bright and dark pools.

... maybe you could fill the hole using a pair of "raspberry pi" based receivers [ http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...e-to-feed-FR24 ] to fill the hole with antennas pointed N-S (will fill overhead and E-W) and E-W (will fill overhead and N-S) if your F- antenna is pointed up-down (providing distance cover)

Put the working Pi's in a nice clear case like this http://www.adafruit.com/images/medium/ID859_MED.jpg9 and it could be part of the display (the Pi being designed as an educational computer)

It would be good to have a screen display what each receiver can see ... with the Pi you can point a browser at the Pi on port 8080 to see this [try the link in my sig under this post to see this] (I wonder if you could do this with the pi itself in graphical mode running it's own browser driving a small composite monitor from the video out)

It would be good to see what 'radarview' shows for your F- receiver, since that would show what it sees - not what FR24 are selecting to show you ... I don't know how to set it up for an F- receiver though.
                                Last edited by peterhr; 2014-01-20, 19:57.

Comment

Working...
                                X