Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone:

It's helpful if you click settings (top right of the screen), then edit profile & at the bottom of the list of things you can set - say approximately where you are in the world.

The info will appear alongside all old and new postings you make in the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by peterhr View Post
      Everyone:

It's helpful if you click settings (top right of the screen), then edit profile & at the bottom of the list of things you can set - say approximately where you are in the world.

The info will appear alongside all old and new postings you make in the forums.
      Hi, nice tip. I try to fill in the 'signature' like you said, but for some reason we can't. The editor stays blanc and we can't in no way fill some text in that field.
      T-EBOS19 : ADS-B RTL2832/R820T USB-Dongle & self-made FRANKLIN-Antenna

Comment

Originally posted by Timo De Deyne View Post
        Hi, nice tip. I try to fill in the 'signature' like you said, but for some reason we can't. The editor stays blanc and we can't in no way fill some text in that field.
        try Settings > "Edit Profile"

(there might be a minimum postings number requirement on setting some of this info, it's a favourite place for spammers to put advertising links)

Comment

Yeah, it will be probably have that reason because I have only 3 postings in this forum.
          * Maybe can an admin delete our post about the signature and the reason of it because it is a little bit 'off topic'.*
          T-EBOS19 : ADS-B RTL2832/R820T USB-Dongle & self-made FRANKLIN-Antenna

Comment

I notice that new feeder F-YBBN2 is providing some much needed ground coverage at Brisbane. I'm also aware from other posts that the operator is currently persona non gratia here apparently because of "multiple personalities" and some recent activity on chat (I wouldn't know as I don't participate in any internet chat rooms). Let's hope we don't lose the feeder.

Comment

Investigations are ongoing, But we're fairly confident in the background that the feeder you all see active isn't related to said issues we have been having Ducks just don't line up in a row.

But yes.. as you will have seen by Mikes post/closure. It's hard to beleive it could be related, as none of the correct procedures for support were followed as per information given out with the actual boxes etc.

However what is true, is the user created multiple forum accounts, and has posted elsewhere on other forums in a similar fashion with different names. Including movie star names, claiming to be FAA investigator and FBI agent. All while following the same post format and spelling/gramatical errors not consistent with the profile locations/descriptions given.

However that's the end of that subject until investigations etc are complete.
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

One of the great joys of FR24 is suddenly being able to watch planes go in and out of or over places that have previously had no coverage. Within 10 minutes of reading Mike's post that F-NVVV1 was operating at Port Vila, Vanuatu I had watched an A320 landing and a B747 passing over. Magic.

BTW we're doing pretty well for feeders in the South Pacific but any or all of Lord Howe, Norfolk, Fiji and the Solomons would be handy too.

Comment

...as would Keeling and Christmas islands - you just need to find an enthusiast who is wiling to share an internet connection.

Comment

Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                    ...as would Keeling and Christmas islands - you just need to find an enthusiast who is wiling to share an internet connection.
                    There is a feeder from Christmas Island, T-WIIB1. On most of the time as far as I know. Just the radar code doesn't reflect it is from Christmas Island. Ground traffic is covered from that feeder.

As for Keeling... I wonder how big is the population there. Hopefully yeah someone will apply or provide coverage in the future.

Here is a print screen of T-WIIB1:

T-WIIB1-1.jpg
                    Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-01-10, 10:31. Reason: typo - WIBB -> WIIB

Comment

Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                      There is a feeder from Christmas Island, T-WIIB1. On most of the time as far as I know. Just the radar code doesn't reflect it is from Christmas Island. Ground traffic is covered from that feeder.

As for Keeling... I wonder how big is the population there. Hopefully yeah someone will apply or provide coverage in the future.
                      Interesting. I've watched the traffic at Christmas Island a few times and assumed the feeder was in Indonesia. It's a wonder the Australian government haven't tried to disable it so that the media can't count how many planes are flying in there!

Comment

Wiki says keeling has population 600, but it's probably on one of the main flight paths to Aus.

Comment

I don't think it would be too hard to find people to host FR24 anywhere in the world, if they new about it.
                          Since I became a host, several people (that I know have an interest in Aviation) that I have spoken too about FR24 have told me, if they had known about FR24 they would have applied to host. They didn't know that anything like FR24 was available on the net.

If we can somehow get the message to these islands, I'm sure you'd find someone willing to host. Even more so for places like Fiji. I'm so surprised there's not one there actually.
                          F-YBNA2

Comment

I'm currently a T feeder and am expecting a package tomorrow from FR24. Weather permitting i'm hoping to be up and running tomorrow with an F feed. I'm wondering with regards going from T to F is a new premium account provided and the T account shut down? What's the general transition going from T to F ?

Mike

Comment

If you have a Premium account, the FR24 receiver feed will be added to that account.

Comment

fyi,

From Facebook.

Brian Grawburg > Flightradar24.com
                                Jan 9 at 11:11am ·
                                F-KGSB1 came on-line Wednesday. However, the Forum says we're in Goldsboro. Incorrect. We are in Wilson, NC, USA at the Imagination Station Science & History Museum. [Goldsboro is about 30 miles south by southeast from us.]
                                Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                                [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Working...
                                X