No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More... supplimental, If it is near your location 2 compliment each other. It's when you have had 3+ working ones already that all of a sudden get knocked out by a F- that hurts
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by vk2tv View Post
      I'm a new feeder (rather, I'm trying to be!) located at Kempsey. I've been allocated F-YPMQ1 (should be F-YKMP1 but that's another story) and despite seeing aircraft that FR doesn't display, my feed of those aircraft is not causing them to display in FR. There are many aircraft going through here that are high enough for Sydney, Williamtown and Brisbane to see and I understand those aircraft appearing on FR as being fed from one of the aformentioned locations but I don't understand why ac seen exclusively by me are not shown. For some detail; I'm using dump1090 with a DTV dongle running on a RPi. The antenna is homebrew coaxial dipole at about 4m (for now). I can see aircraft at 40000ft to near 300km and lots of "local traffic" at much lower ceilings, traffic with positional data in their beacons. I use v233, dynamically linked, and My Account shows my site as active. Linux tools iptraf and tcpdump both show udp packets going to the correct destination. Can anyone give me pointers as to what I might be missing? I've sent an email regarding this problem but thought I'd post here to take some weight off Mike.
      Interesting that you have been allocated "F-YPMQ1" when you are not feeding with FR24 Equipment. I was under the impression that non FR24 feed were "T" feeds, but perhaps this has also changed.
      You should be happy that at least the radar ident is in the same state as you at the moment they are totally pointless allocations, often hundreds of kilometers from true location.

Comment

Originally posted by nomad77 View Post
        Interesting that you have been allocated "F-YPMQ1" when you are not feeding with FR24 Equipment. I was under the impression that non FR24 feed were "T" feeds, but perhaps this has also changed.
        You should be happy that at least the radar ident is in the same state as you at the moment they are totally pointless allocations, often hundreds of kilometers from true location.
        My mistake nomad77, I should have said T-YPMQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
          More... supplimental, If it is near your location 2 compliment each other. It's when you have had 3+ working ones already that all of a sudden get knocked out by a F- that hurts
          Ok, now I'm a tad confused. The new feeder R2765 appears to have an identical footprint with what I get from here where I'm supposed to be T-YPMQ, for reasons of total insanity!

R2765 started to appear after I started the FR software with static linking rather than dynamic linking, which seemed to not be working.

Would a guru or two care to elaborate on the Rxxxx feeders?

Ray
          VK2TV

Comment

Originally posted by vk2tv View Post
            Ok, now I'm a tad confused. The new feeder R2765 appears to have an identical footprint with what I get from here where I'm supposed to be T-YPMQ, for reasons of total insanity!

R2765 started to appear after I started the FR software with static linking rather than dynamic linking, which seemed to not be working.

Would a guru or two care to elaborate on the Rxxxx feeders?

Ray
            VK2TV
            I think the R code is usually a temporary if they haven't worked out your real code - That's what happens with F- boxes, doing it with a T- is strange ... might need support to explain.

Comment

Originally posted by peterhr View Post
              I think the R code is usually a temporary if they haven't worked out your real code - That's what happens with F- boxes, doing it with a T- is strange ... might need support to explain.
              It's even stranger if it IS me because T-YPMQ is issued. As ther say in the classic, time will tell.

Ray
              VK2TV

Comment

Is the Linux version of the F software brittle?

I'm running a RPi with dump1090 and feeding FR with the statically linked version (v233s). Occasionally, and only overnight, FR goes into a mode where the server is continually being pinged. No aircraft are sent but aircraft are reported as being removed, as happens in normal running mode. I have to restart FR to correct the problem which is spasmodic, happening one night, not the next two but again last night. Dump1090 continues to run as verified by connecting to the local server.

I can run a cron job to restart FR periodically but I'd rather see the real problem resolved. Nothing is reported in the FR log or any system logs, making the gathering of clues a tad difficult.

Ray
                vk2tv

Comment

peterhr
                  Hi from F-EDLE1 Germany.

Pete,. the Rs are issued to the FR24 Boxs that are sent out.as a begining, When the Reciever is blinking away,
                  with the GPS and the Traffic,. And the Host confirms with FR24,. then it is Activated. and given a F-*****
                  Identification.

With my FR24 Box, I feed it direct into my Router,. Which means,. I dont need a computer.
                  But ,. I do monitor it,. with VRS,. Virtuel Radar Server. which shows all the traffic that my box is recieving.
                  Last edited by delcomp; 2013-12-21, 09:39.
                  (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                  1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

temp radar.jpg
                    Just wondering... the temporary radar code for this feeder sure is taking some time to be given a proper radar code?

spotted around Christmas/Boxing day.

Comment

Hi, I'm new feeder (dongle), T-EBOS19, Ostend-Bruges Int. Airport, Belgium/Europe.
                      But I never saw my T-EBOS19-radar on the map. Sometimes I spot the T-EBOS16. Can it be that there is a problem, maybe a double/exchanged/crossed account? I had problems to make my radar-account, thry it many times before I had success. Maybe gives that a problem of double account?
                      Or is the T-EBOS16 known by another person/name/member/coordinates than the T-EBOS19?

Thanks & Kind Regards,
                      Timo
                      T-EBOS19 : ADS-B RTL2832/R820T USB-Dongle & self-made FRANKLIN-Antenna

Comment

The 'F-' radars are much faster processing then we can do with our 'T-' equipment and get shown more readily on the map. so if all your planes are also seen by 'F-' radars you are unlikely to appear, however if you can see - say - runway traffic that no one else sees ... you are likely to appear.

Comment

I find it hard in the area not far from you to feed new data being in kingston wht is this.

Comment

Originally posted by pan am 815 View Post
                            I find it hard in the area not far from you to feed new data being in kingston wht is this.
                            Can you give us more information so that we can help you, i.e. which Kingston are talking about and what are you trying to feed with.
                            AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Yeah, the Belgium airspace is more covered by the countries around it instead of receivers in Belgium self. Some examples are:
                              The global T-MLAT-system/N-EHAM1/F-EHRD1/F-EHVB1/T-EHBK7 out of Netherlands and also receivers from the UK on the Belgium side like N-EGLC2 & F-EGXH1 and from France like N-LFPM1 and some of Germany like F-EDDG1/F-EDKA1/F-EDDK1/F-EDLE1.
                              Quite exceptional can I spot some planes under Belgium-coverage like T-EBOS16/T-EBCI1, during the EBBR... got more success.
                              T-EBOS19 : ADS-B RTL2832/R820T USB-Dongle & self-made FRANKLIN-Antenna

Comment

Hi mate it's andrew here you are not far from where i am in kingston QLD shortly I will be receiving the kit and should have receiver up in running. Let you know. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X