X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must... Keep... Online...

Comment

• Classic man
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• I think you might need one of these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-me...ery/B0039HHK22
        AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

• T-RPWD1 has Returned

T-RPWD1, Davao, Philippines is back online feeding after being off since the holidays. While F-RPMB1 in General Santos has been taking the high altitude tracking over Davao we missed the landings at Davao which T-RPWD1 provided us.

It was announced F-Boxes had been shipped to Davao and Zamboanga City on Mindanao Island but no update has been seen as to their delivery and activation.

F-RPVT1 on the island of Bohol has been offline for about 2 weeks due to thieves stealing large sections of the telco lines. This is the second time this has happened there recently but is not a rare occasion here in the Philippines.

FR24 is to be commended for building redundancy into the feeder system with 3 F & T boxes within a 100 mile area minimizing the effect of calamities and brownouts, the norm in this part of the world.

T-RPVD2 the lone T-feeder here is still providing unique feeds from time to time for the FR24 map. T-RPVD2 has unique location and range filling in the gaps of the F-feeders. It will be a shame to lose it as things evolve.

John

F-RPVD1

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Comment

• IMs Possible between Forum members---Skype Example

While a chat room is provided, most of the time a person you would like to chat/IM is not there and it can get pretty noisy between personalities.

Another way to be able to IM enabled members directly is through editing your profile and filling in your Instant Messaging handles or numbers for the various messengers you have.

My Skype handle is ahomeboy2000.

When I post, a small symbol appears below my Avatar showing the instant messenger I have enabled in my forum profile and if I am online with that one. Clicking on that small symbol gives you several options. If the symbol is grayed out it means the messenger program is not running on the members computer or that the privacy settings of that program are blocking websites like FR24 from showing him online.

On Skype if you want people to message you and see if you are online, you enable that in the Skype privacy settings. After you enable that, refresh the FR24 Forum page and you will see that your instant message symbol is not grayed out anymore.

Other forum members who have the same messenger program can chat or email or talk to you.

John

F-RPVD1
            Last edited by paradiselost; 2014-02-23, 18:20.

Comment

• There are any active receivers from Greece ?

Comment

• yes my radar F-GMMN1 located in Beni Mellal,Morocco
                Originally posted by lanzarote View Post
                Good news F-GMMN1 tracking flights on their way to the Canary Islands !

Comment

• please what is the difference between radars starting with T and the ones starting with F?
                  and who provide data in both of them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    New FR24 receivers

F-SEQM1 activated in Quito, Ecuador
                    F-EFOU3 activated in Oulu, Finland
                    F-RPMZ1 activated in Zamboanga, Philippines
                    F-RPMZ1 temporarily showing as R4a2. Finally the Zamboanga receives is installed. hope the range is good... fingers crossed. Another new comer for you, paradiseislost!

Comment

• Hello World!

This is Zamboanga calling. And my first post. Patterned my name from a similar fellow down south.

IMG_1190.jpg
                      Actually installed this two days ago. And my mast were too high for the supplied coax. If FR24 permit me to expose the hardware to the elements then I should be glad to climb the antenna further.

Took me two days to figure it out from my busy time.

cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Zamboanga Radar View Post
                        Hello World!

This is Zamboanga calling. And my first post. Patterned my name from a similar fellow down south.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3462[/ATTACH]
                        Actually installed this two days ago. And my mast were too high for the supplied coax. If FR24 permit me to expose the hardware to the elements then I should be glad to climb the antenna further.

Took me two days to figure it out from my busy time.

cheers
                        Thanks for pictures, looks great!
                        You should try to keep the cable 10m long unless you can get a really low loss cable.
                        If you have a possibility you can put the receiver in an outdoor box just below the mast, if that helps you with the cable.
                        Also if possible try to keep the antenna as vertical as possible ( l ) and not ( / ) as this could affect range.
                        You can always contact support@fr24.com if you need any hardware tips/help.

Comment

• Its standing on a bamboo pole thus the ( / ). I'll try to correct that position into ( l ) by Saturday. The mast itself is 12 meters long. The outdoor box would probably float close to 3 meters high from the roof platform. Almost beyond my reach. With that obtained permission, I will try to look for good outdoor boxes to house the receiver in the mast, and I also need to buy 20 meters of Ethernet cable to connect to the router. I guess Cat 5 will also work perfectly as well. And perhaps 10 meters of electrical wire. Lets see what we can do.

Comment

• Might there be heat problems with a exterior box in the climate there? (if it gets solar heating or cannot dissipate the heat the equipment generates?)

The solution will be interesting to see?

Comment

• Truly is. This place usually gets up to 38 degrees in summer time. Right now the hardware is under the GI roof air-cooled and shaded part by the mango tree. That is as cool as it gets at daytime.

IMG_1191.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Zamboanga Radar View Post
                                Truly is. This place usually gets up to 38 degrees in summer time. Right now the hardware is under the GI roof air-cooled and shaded part by the mango tree. That is as cool as it gets at daytime.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3463[/ATTACH]
                                This location looks good. I don't think that heat will be a problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X