Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Great job FR24 staff getting all those online in 2015.
    Let's start counting those new installed receivers in 2016

    Originally posted by Mike View Post
    Brian

    www.RadarSpotters.eu
    [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

    Comment


    • Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
      Great job FR24 staff getting all those online in 2015.
      Let's start counting those new installed receivers in 2016
      Without doubt an extraordinary achievement but to my mind the most impressive parts of that map are South America and Africa. Less impressive is Europe. It's easy to say "The more the better" but a point must surely be reached where the number of feeders impacts server performance locally and to a lesser extent globally. There must also be a point where it becomes uneconomic to install more computing power to service feeders that contribute little or no unique data. It is unclear to me if all of these are actual FR24 feeders or if the total is a mix of F and T feeders.

      Comment


      • The reason why we keep adding receivers in for example Europe and North America where we have 500% coverage at 30,000 feet, is to improve low level MLAT coverage, to improve redundancy and to get full coverage at as many airports as possible. Today we have receivers installed in about 700 airports and every time an airport apply we try to send receiver, to get full coverage at the airport.

        The map shows just F-receivers. At this point the position data of T-feeders is too low quality, but we are working on ways to improve the data.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Mike View Post
          The reason why we keep adding receivers in for example Europe and North America where we have 500% coverage at 30,000 feet, is to improve low level MLAT coverage, to improve redundancy and to get full coverage at as many airports as possible. Today we have receivers installed in about 700 airports and every time an airport apply we try to send receiver, to get full coverage at the airport.

          The map shows just F-receivers. At this point the position data of T-feeders is too low quality, but we are working on ways to improve the data.

          Working on...
          Hello? The guy from Airspy.com (ADSBSpy/ADSB#) send you an email in which you, FR24, never replied.
          This guy is probably one of the best DSP coder in the world. Even with his Airspy he makes your receiver look like a lesser receiver, while the Airspy costs 4x less.

          I suggest, as i did before, you contact this guy. Because hey (don't tell him i said this) ... he might be working on a dedicated ADS-B/MLAT receiver with even better hardware and tuned software. (Even the antenna design is under the loop to be improved.)

          Dump1090 stole his work (Hence its closed source now), but the new improvements are great and only give 100% working frames!

          Old screenshots:
          http://x264.nl/dump/airspy-adsbspy-v...k-messages.jpg
          http://x264.nl/dump/fr24-vrs-stats-100k-messages.jpg


          I'd reply to his message... if you really want the best.
          Last edited by Jarod; 2016-01-03, 21:41. Reason: typo

          Comment


          • your logic is slightly floored, in the the images you posted the fr24 box got the same amount of messages in half the time.

            Meaning the fr24 box is pulling in twice the data, also the images do not say which ports VRS is connected to. I suspect its the unchecked raw data (no crc checking) from the fr24 box (i have a radarcape i don't know for sure if fr24 box allows access to this data), and the ADSB# software has most likely already discarded these messages before rebroadcasting to to VRS. So it like comparing apples to oranges.

            I have a Radarcape and an Airspy and i am almost in a position to compare them directly to each other. I have two masts on the house (new and old) and the aircraft count and range is comparable from both positions even over a week. As soon as i pull my finger out i will do a proper comparison before i take down the old mast.

            edit: started a comparison today will need a complete day (so day and a half from now 6/1/16), I'll be honest Airspy is doing better than i expected so far.
            edit: airspy# wont stay running keeps stopping randomly
            edit: 3 days i haven't been able to keep the adsb# running long enough to get a comparison. although it could win10.
            Last edited by SpaxmoidJAm; 2016-01-09, 08:46.
            T-EGLF8

            Comment


            • I am still trying to get something reasonable for comparison, i will admit however that the airspy is rather good, better than i expected its getting somewhere around 80% of what i am seeing on the radarcape. I suppose its like hi-fi after a certain point things get expensive chasing diminishing returns.
              Last edited by SpaxmoidJAm; 2016-01-09, 10:01.
              T-EGLF8

              Comment


              • The FR24 ADS-B installation photo in Antarctica.
                https://twitter.com/flightradar24/st...29186053484544
                Brian

                www.RadarSpotters.eu
                [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

                Comment


                • Will have to monitor it a day or 2. The otters and aircraft used there (ZK/VH registered helis) I imagine are MLAT only unless they use ADSB as a safety feature. And sooo spread out across the bases there may not be much action on any one day.

                  And of course the NYguard 130s and C17s aren't visible anyway :/
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Jarod View Post
                    Working on...
                    Hello? The guy from Airspy.com (ADSBSpy/ADSB#) send you an email in which you, FR24, never replied.
                    This guy is probably one of the best DSP coder in the world. Even with his Airspy he makes your receiver look like a lesser receiver, while the Airspy costs 4x less.

                    I suggest, as i did before, you contact this guy. Because hey (don't tell him i said this) ... he might be working on a dedicated ADS-B/MLAT receiver with even better hardware and tuned software. (Even the antenna design is under the loop to be improved.)

                    Dump1090 stole his work (Hence its closed source now), but the new improvements are great and only give 100% working frames!

                    Old screenshots:
                    http://x264.nl/dump/airspy-adsbspy-v...k-messages.jpg
                    http://x264.nl/dump/fr24-vrs-stats-100k-messages.jpg


                    I'd reply to his message... if you really want the best.

                    No inbuilt RF amplifier
                    usb only
                    no ethernet
                    no gps
                    ...shall I continue?

                    and for U.S. 199 bux????? Its no secret I consider the FR24 stuff over priced, but airspy doesnt appear much better than my 9.95 Chinese dongle.
                    plus, is airspy tested, certified, to be installed and used by ATC centres?

                    ...and you wonder why FR24 have ignored them .........

                    Also, legally speaking, be very, VERY, careful about running off at the mouth about "stealing code", it might land you and airspy, in court and not as plaintiffs.

                    Comment


                    • We are not ignoring anything. We are always keeping and eye on the market and testing whatever is available. But as we are sending out 2000-3000 units per year we need to organize the logistics (that is 50 units per week, every week + the support for all units sent out) and make orders months or years in advance. We also need to make comprehensive testing that the product is working as expected. We need to test in areas with a lot of traffic, with less traffic, in warm areas, in cold areas, in areas with high moisture, in areas with bad power supply, with different antennas, write manuals, educate support team and so on. It took us almost 2 years to get the radarcape fully stable so we can't change provider every month just because there is a new product on the market. Airspy, just like the radarcape, is a great product and we are never closing any doors to anyone.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Ressy View Post
                        No inbuilt RF amplifier
                        usb only
                        no ethernet
                        no gps
                        ...shall I continue?

                        and for U.S. 199 bux????? Its no secret I consider the FR24 stuff over priced, but airspy doesnt appear much better than my 9.95 Chinese dongle.
                        plus, is airspy tested, certified, to be installed and used by ATC centres?

                        ...and you wonder why FR24 have ignored them .........

                        Also, legally speaking, be very, VERY, careful about running off at the mouth about "stealing code", it might land you and airspy, in court and not as plaintiffs.
                        I said contact you .... not so smart person here.... Not sell the device as is. After contact, any device can be made. Don't be this not smart please.
                        That it has no inbuilt amplifier/lna/filter and already beats the FR24 receiver should say enough.
                        It's all about money, i know that, but don't say you want the best and then ignore people who are the best.
                        And for the stolen software, well court i am 100% not afraid of, but all i can say is, since adsb# became closed source, their software hasn't improved.
                        Adsbspy is now much much better than it ever was before.

                        Anyways, thanks for the reply, but again, don't say you want the best and than continue when the lesser options presented.

                        (And yes the cheap rtlsdr comes very close to the FR24 receiver as well, hence the airspy was developed with 20dB less noise, etc etc... this is no secret.)

                        Comment


                        • ?Wrong code for Canberra Feeder

                          I notice an aircraft on the ground at Canberra (Australia) with a radar code of T-YCBR1. Surely this should be T-YSCB1 because the ICAO code for Canberra is YSCB; however its IATA code is indeed CBR.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Jarod View Post
                            I said contact you .... not so smart person here.... Not sell the device as is. After contact, any device can be made. Don't be this not smart please.
                            That it has no inbuilt amplifier/lna/filter and already beats the FR24 receiver should say enough.
                            It's all about money, i know that, but don't say you want the best and then ignore people who are the best.
                            And for the stolen software, well court i am 100% not afraid of, but all i can say is, since adsb# became closed source, their software hasn't improved.
                            Adsbspy is now much much better than it ever was before.

                            Anyways, thanks for the reply, but again, don't say you want the best and than continue when the lesser options presented.

                            (And yes the cheap rtlsdr comes very close to the FR24 receiver as well, hence the airspy was developed with 20dB less noise, etc etc... this is no secret.)
                            As has been pointed out, your logic is flawed, also, I want to see the results against fr24 units on a scope, since anything with preamplification is going to be better than something without, these kind of posts we classify in my game as trolling and spamming, and should be treated as such without hard evidence, and thats something we are not and can not see since this magical device now you tell us hasnt even been built, and what they have now requires a computer to be connected to, of course a real computer is going to have much more horsepower than a tiny board like in the fr24 boxes, the same as a PC will have copious amounts more grunt than a Rpi.

                            If your friend thinks his will be top shit, why has he not developed it already? generally, in my business, when HP want me to use their brand spankin new servers over Dells, they give the PR blurb as to why its better than Dells, AND provide us with the server so we can see if the actual results match the public relations BS - and it almost always never does.

                            Ohh, and the cheap dongles are nowhere near as close as the fr24 units as has been proved before, I think 30% better coverage was generally proved - natural since the preamp in the fr24 boxes.

                            Comment


                            • I have to feeders, but for the second one I have forgotten the email which I linked to it, or I haven't linked an email address at all to it. I don't remember actually.

                              Is there a way to retrieve the email address that is linked to my feeder code? Or is it possible to link an email address to it?

                              Flightradar24 Africa user group on Facebook
                              Let's increase coverage throughout Africa!

                              Plane spotting pictures West-Africa

                              Comment


                              • On the Share-statistics page I noticed a new (T)feeder in the vicinity and this user was so kind to make his username public. His range is limited so I want to offer some help and maybe get MLAT up and running.
                                The thing is that when I search for his username in the list of users I come up empty handed...
                                Anny suggestions..
                                F-SMZO2

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X