Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does FR24 autostart after RPI2 connection scheduled reboot

My entire network has is scheduled to reboot twice each day automatically. This includes my server, firewall,vpn, switches, wireless routers and Ap. Its a sync reboot. I had my RPI2 with a feeder and currently in operation and up few hours ago. Im a newbie and my question is, does the feeder restarts itself together with my dump1090?or do i have to manually start it after reboot...?

Comment

• My experience is that if you installed fr24feed as per the instructions, it will ensure that it is installed as autostart...

Comment

• Originally posted by henkverhaar View Post
        My experience is that if you installed fr24feed as per the instructions, it will ensure that it is installed as autostart...
        Yep. However if you tinker (which going by the OP description gets done) and install the packages seperateley. It depends on if you set Dump1090 to auto start too
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Thanks for the input guys.. Yes my dump is set to auto start also.. Upon checking the status this morning..everything seems running and connected after the restart schedule was pushed midnight..

Comment

• Feeder location settings need to change

Newbie here. My rpi2 was up yesterday. When i opened my gmap it seems a bit offset to my exact location. It was the location data i provided when i signed up to feed to fr24 and to my dump1090-mutability. Am afraid i might feed wrong data due to this location issue. Do i need to change it from my dump1090 end or from fr24feed config side..

Comment

• If you followed the guide. And entered it as part of the FR24 feed config. Then yes, you need to advise them
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Nice to see more of those FR24 boxes installed in Alaska in month of November.
                Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Hi Guys!

When I click software settings on my box console, a message appears and tell me that software settings are disabled.

And the problem is that I am so curious about what is behind that message.

Can anybody help me? what is in software settings section and how I can see it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Enterprise View Post
                    Hi Guys!

When I click software settings on my box console, a message appears and tell me that software settings are disabled.

And the problem is that I am so curious about what is behind that message.

Can anybody help me? what is in software settings section and how I can see it?

What software are you talking about?

Comment

• Originally posted by skyspotter View Post
                      What software are you talking about?
                      Software configuration in flightradar box console. The shown message is "Sorry, but config has been disabled for this device!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Enterprise View Post
                        Software configuration in flightradar box console. The shown message is "Sorry, but config has been disabled for this device!"
                        It is just what it says it is, the configuration is disabled, and to answer your question, you CANNOT see it as the configuration is controlled by FR24 and is not user accessible, any attempt to hack into it would be considered a breach of the terms and conditions.
                        Ben.
                        FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

• Congratulations on getting the first ADS-B receiver in Antarctica online on FR24.

https://twitter.com/flightradar24/st...45311297556480
                          Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                          [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• I have a question about the stats. http://www.flightradar24.com/share-statistics
                            A few days ago i replaced my fr24 antenna cable since the storms lately had great fun on my roof.
                            I am getting my old range again, 250nmi+ easy: http://x264.nl/dump/ads-b-antenna-ca...-28-258nmi.jpg

Now i have two questions:
                            1) Max range, Maximum range of radar in the last 30 days, nmi.
                            Before and after my new cable, this value has been 270 nmi.
                            How/when does this update?

This could be ok i guess, but see question 2

2) In my account: https://www.flightradar24.com/premium/
                            Maximum distance:
                            2016-01-01: 394nm
                            2015-12-31: 356nm (bad weather it seems)
                            2015-12-30: 346nm (bad weather it seems)
                            2015-12-29: 388nm <-- cable fixed
                            2015-12-28: 364nm
                            2015-12-27: 366nm
                            2015-12-26: 360nm

What are these stats and should they not reflect on the fr24 stats page?

Update:
                            The Polar Plot shows: Range 398nm on one of dots.
                            So we now have 3 maximum range values, which are correct?
                            Last edited by Jarod; 2016-01-01, 16:39.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarod View Post
                              I have a question about the stats.

What are these stats and should they not reflect on the fr24 stats page?
                              I believe that the max range is not the maximum you have obtained during the last 30 days, but more an average of the daily max range over the last 30 days.
                              For example, in the last 7 days, I had daily max ranges around 350 NM, but on the stats page my max range is only 310 NM.
                              T-LFSN4

Check your rank from FR24 feeder stats at https://jollain.com/FR24/stats.php

Comment

• Originally posted by patrick1501 View Post
                                I believe that the max range is not the maximum you have obtained during the last 30 days, but more an average of the daily max range over the last 30 days.
                                For example, in the last 7 days, I had daily max ranges around 350 NM, but on the stats page my max range is only 310 NM.
                                Roger. Clear now.

Comment

Working...
                                X