Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
    Did you look at the replay? What is happening now has no bearing but to look at replays that end about 0830 UTC, yesterday. The flight in question landed and I saw it at the gate when I went by. As for the obstruction theory, my other two tracking receivers showed the same landing location on the map as it was happening. The flights you looked at are basically N-S runways where as RPVD is basically an E-W runway. Wind changes here are "Fremantle Doctor" style.

    John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete
    John,

    You didn't mention replay, although I notice you've adjusted the post . Also some of the older aircraft have very old INSS navigation systems that aren't very accurate. Playback (over here) has also been playing up for some time. If it's only one flight it may not be indicative of a huge issue (yet). When I playback that flight it lands perfectly.

    ... and the 'Fremantle Doctor' is only on the west coast, not here in the east although we do get our 'southerly busters'.

    Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2015-02-19, 23:23.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

    Comment


    • Originally posted by fungus View Post
      John,

      ... When I playback that flight it lands perfectly.

      Regards,
      Gregg
      The playback link clearly shows the flight winding up about a mile south of the runway. Like you I believe it is faulty data from the aircraft's transponder but with what is going on if the US DoD spoofs the GPS, I don't think think they would publish a Notice to Airmen to turn off their automatic landing systems and land manually.

      Look at previous days flights and they are normal landings.

      The question did anyone else detect landing errors at 08:30 UTC 2-19-2015?

      Last edited by paradiselost; 2015-02-20, 03:17.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
        The playback link clearly shows the flight winding up about a mile south of the runway. Like you I believe it is faulty data from the aircraft's transponder but with what is going on if the US DoD spoofs the GPS, I don't think think they would publish a Notice to Airmen to turn off their automatic landing systems and land manually.

        Look at previous days flights and they are normal landings.

        The question did anyone else detect landing errors at 08:30 UTC 2-19-2015?

        [ATTACH=CONFIG]5699[/ATTACH]

        Playback certainly does not show it off the field, it toiuches down at 811, and 812 its at the terminal, at *no* time did it even come closs to, let alone cross, National Rd

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Ressy View Post
          Playback certainly does not show it off the field, it toiuches down at 811, and 812 its at the terminal, at *no* time did it even come closs to, let alone cross, National Rd
          Could you post a screen shot to verify we are looking at the same landing?

          I'm pretty sure there is a FAQ somewhere that would help you select the correct date to verify or disprove. Your mistaken opinion was based on the previous date which I advised
          Look at previous days flights and they are normal landings.
          John
          F-RPVD1
          Last edited by paradiselost; 2015-02-20, 06:59.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
            Could you post a screen shot to verify we are looking at the same landing?

            I'm pretty sure there is a FAQ somewhere that would help you select the correct date to verify or disprove. Your mistaken opinion was based on the previous date which I advised

            John
            F-RPVD1
            I checked your link, I also checked the aircraft a day before it as well, if you have a more accurate link you want checked, post it (and include the time/date in your post so we are certain of checking the right one still, i do not need to post screenshots to show an aircraft nowhere off the field, thats two other people who have used playback on your link and see nothing wrong, if you still today see it wrong, you need to be more precise with a link to be checked.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Ressy View Post
              I checked your link, I also checked the aircraft a day before it as well, if you have a more accurate link you want checked, post it (and include the time/date in your post so we are certain of checking the right one still, i do not need to post screenshots to show an aircraft nowhere off the field, thats two other people who have used playback on your link and see nothing wrong, if you still today see it wrong, you need to be more precise with a link to be checked.

              Ressy you and Greg are RIGHT! redface.png That link was the day before and was a normal landing. but the screenshot was the erratic landing 2-19-2015 that I intended whose correct link is

              Sorry for the faulty information on my part.

              Ressy and Greg, please accept my apologies.

              John
              F-RPVD1
              Dumaguete
              Last edited by paradiselost; 2015-02-20, 12:07. Reason: Added signature

              Comment


              • Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
                Ressy you and Greg are RIGHT! [ATTACH=CONFIG]5702[/ATTACH] That link was the day before and was a normal landing. but the screenshot was the erratic landing 2-19-2015 that I intended whose correct link is

                Sorry for the faulty information on my part.

                Ressy and Greg, please accept my apologies.

                John
                F-RPVD1
                Dumaguete
                No problems, now we have the right playback, we can confirm the error, the plane infact never makes the field, lands and taxis and parks, all over and in suburbia So yes there was a problem on this flight. I suspect adsb data is valid, just fr24's interaction with maps is wrong.

                Comment


                • F-ENEV6 is picking up short final and ground traffic at EHAM (Schiphol). This seems to be weird?

                  Comment


                  • I'm experimenting with a new antenna now and would like to find out optimal placement for best range. Now I see all these pretty coverage pictures. Usually screenshots, but it looks like they're somehow made via the Google Maps API or even just w/ a GPX file: http://goo.gl/maps/BfNya (from YSWG on this forum).

                    How do I make these? I've done many different Google searches but no luck. :-( I'd like to make them as well so I can more properly compare setups. Right now all I have is peeking at the dump1090 map and using nc + pv to see how many events per second I'm grabbing successfully, which are very noisy and "moment-specific" signals..

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Wilmer View Post
                      I'm experimenting with a new antenna now and would like to find out optimal placement for best range. Now I see all these pretty coverage pictures. Usually screenshots, but it looks like they're somehow made via the Google Maps API or even just w/ a GPX file: http://goo.gl/maps/BfNya (from YSWG on this forum).

                      How do I make these? I've done many different Google searches but no luck. :-( I'd like to make them as well so I can more properly compare setups. Right now all I have is peeking at the dump1090 map and using nc + pv to see how many events per second I'm grabbing successfully, which are very noisy and "moment-specific" signals..
                      Correct, Saved overlays. VRS (virtual radar server) is one capable of doing this (I think.. can sure show them, not sure about save them), SBSPlotter, and there is a rough guide here http://sonicgoose.com/superimpose-po...-google-earth/

                      They key terms to look for are polar plot, or range plot
                      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                        Correct, Saved overlays. VRS (virtual radar server) is one capable of doing this (I think.. can sure show them, not sure about save them), SBSPlotter, and there is a rough guide here http://sonicgoose.com/superimpose-po...-google-earth/

                        They key terms to look for are polar plot, or range plot
                        Ahh, "plot". I kept looking for map/area. :-/

                        Thanks! I can make these plots now (esp the one in Google Earth is quite nice!), time for some better experimentation.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by xv4y View Post
                          Hi,

                          Yes, exact location is not at the airport but around 10km south of VCA airport, Cai Rang district, city of Can Tho.
                          Antenna is 5 elts coaxial collinear, 15m above ground with no close obstruction and gives a good coverage of up to 250nm.
                          Receiver is still "experimental" thought and I am not sure how long I will be able to leave it running.
                          It's a RTL-SDR dongle running on a CubieBoard 2.

                          Regards,
                          Yan - (Radioamateur callsign XV4Y).
                          Hi xv4y,

                          Sounds like a good project by yourself with the cubieboard 2 as most users uses the raspberry pi. But there are quite a few choices of ARM linux computer on the market now.

                          There is 3 feeders with FR24 kit in Vietnam at the moment, one at Ho Chi Minh, 1 at Da Nang and one at Hanoi, so if you would like to host one you can apply at http://www.flightradar24.com/free-ads-b-equipment
                          Only downside is the longest coax cable provided is 10metres long. You don't need to apply if you don't want to though. Just a suggestion.

                          Do you have any contacts at NHA trang/Cam Ranh or Quy Nhon? Coverage can be improved over there I think so if you have anyone around there or elsewhere around Vietnam in fact, let them know. Thanks!

                          Comment


                          • Hi North Borneo Radar,

                            Thanks for your answer.
                            CubieBoard2 as a little bit more horsepower than Rpi. Feeding 3 websites with dump1090 decoding 40 A/C, CPU usage barely goes over 15%. It allows me to underclock the CPU to 460 MHz so it runs very cool.
                            My current installation only use 8m of cable. The Cubieboard connects to internet through WiFi.

                            Unfortunately I have no contact for this in Nha Trand or Quy Nhon area.

                            I thought about applying for a receiver, but I cannot comply with FR24 requirements.
                            We often have power cuts that can last up to 12 hours. I will not run the generator all day long for the FR24 receiver.
                            Also I'm quite afraid I will need to pay import taxes just to receive the box.

                            Regards,
                            Yan.

                            Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                            Hi xv4y,

                            Sounds like a good project by yourself with the cubieboard 2 as most users uses the raspberry pi. But there are quite a few choices of ARM linux computer on the market now.

                            There is 3 feeders with FR24 kit in Vietnam at the moment, one at Ho Chi Minh, 1 at Da Nang and one at Hanoi, so if you would like to host one you can apply at http://www.flightradar24.com/free-ads-b-equipment
                            Only downside is the longest coax cable provided is 10metres long. You don't need to apply if you don't want to though. Just a suggestion.

                            Do you have any contacts at NHA trang/Cam Ranh or Quy Nhon? Coverage can be improved over there I think so if you have anyone around there or elsewhere around Vietnam in fact, let them know. Thanks!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by xv4y View Post
                              Hi North Borneo Radar,

                              Thanks for your answer.
                              CubieBoard2 as a little bit more horsepower than Rpi. Feeding 3 websites with dump1090 decoding 40 A/C, CPU usage barely goes over 15%. It allows me to underclock the CPU to 460 MHz so it runs very cool.
                              My current installation only use 8m of cable. The Cubieboard connects to internet through WiFi.

                              Unfortunately I have no contact for this in Nha Trand or Quy Nhon area.

                              I thought about applying for a receiver, but I cannot comply with FR24 requirements.
                              We often have power cuts that can last up to 12 hours. I will not run the generator all day long for the FR24 receiver.
                              Also I'm quite afraid I will need to pay import taxes just to receive the box.

                              Regards,
                              Yan.
                              Ah right, I see. That's unfortunate but yeah places with poor power supply isn't uncommon over this part of the world. For import taxes FR24 do reimburse you. Perhaps something for the future.

                              Your website has lots of info about your projects, and also your thoughts about the 3 tracking websites. Of course I read it under English instead of the original French. Cool though having to see French at Vietnam, not uncommon I guess.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by xv4y View Post

                                I thought about applying for a receiver, but I cannot comply with FR24 requirements.

                                We often have power cuts that can last up to 12 hours. I will not run the generator all day long for the FR24 receiver.

                                Also I'm quite afraid I will need to pay import taxes just to receive the box.

                                Regards,
                                Yan.
                                You can build a + 13.8 Volts DC to + 5 Volts 1 Amp Regulator and run the FR 24 box from a Car battery.

                                https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=5...3A%3B233%3B184

                                https://www.google.com.sg/search?tbm...ml%3B516%3B250
                                F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X