No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings everyone. First of all, I'm a new member here and started some weeks ago building my first ADS-B station. My radar code is T-LOWW35 and I am located in Vienna, Austria.

Currently I am using a TP-Link TL-MR3020 running dump1090 with a USB-Dongle (RTL2832U). I feed flightradar24 using the windows app.

My stock DVB-T antenna is located on my roof (approx. 15m from ground).
    Currently the free sight area is about 180° since the antenna is not placed at the very top of the pitched roof. I will build a pole at the top in near future but I will need to get some climbing gear to secure myself.

I hope to read some nice informations about DIY antenna projects etc.

Here is my current coverage area generated by VirtualRadar

Comment

• VOHY1

Originally posted by Jayant View Post
      Great to see F-VANP1 up and running with superb coverage at Nagpur in India. It fills in a big hole in central India coverage. Congratulations to the FR24 team!
      Now if we could just get reliable feeders back into Hyderabad (VOHS) and Vizag (VEVZ) that would really complete the picture in that part of the world!
      HI,
      I am feeding VOHY1 from Hyderabad.
      Last edited by speedbird1960; 2014-10-15, 18:11. Reason: Post approved, not spam

Comment

• Later during 2014 we plan to add some more feeder statistics to premium. Until this has been done we can offer you some one time statistics for last week, sorted by longest range.

Comment

• Hi all,

Greetings from F-VOTV1 !!!

Feeding from - Thiruvananthapuram Intl Airport, India (TRV/VOTV; 8.481137,76.920794; UTC +5:30)
          Last edited by speedbird1960; 2014-10-15, 18:08. Reason: Post approved, not spam

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
            Later during 2014 we plan to add some more feeder statistics to premium.
            For all feeders or just FR24 receivers?
            Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• HI Mike,
              Thanks for the statistics.So the feeders will focus on the radar performance and the status.

Comment

• HI There,

New feeder in North East UK, Radar: F-EGNV2 helping to increase coverage.

Comment

Later during 2014 we plan to add some more feeder statistics to premium. Until this has been done we can offer you some one time statistics for last week, sorted by longest range.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9t0cb2lih7...erage.PNG?dl=0
                  25/~2000 FR24 receivers? Not bad. :-)
                  I have seen 324nm myself in in the FR24 stats, but damn 343nm is going to be hard to beat.
                  Clean skies, a super high aircraft and a proper transmitter on that aircraft!

Hmmm:
                  2014-10-14: Maximum distance: 294nm
                  2014-10-13: Maximum distance: 320nm
                  2014-10-12: Maximum distance: 309nm
                  2014-10-11: Maximum distance: 329nm
                  2014-10-10: Maximum distance: 308nm
                  2014-10-09: Maximum distance: 322nm
                  2014-10-08: Maximum distance: 322nm

In your list i have 282nm, The Netherlands
                  Did you pick a bad day for me, or is this a record based on 100% confirmed signals with all data showing?

Oh before i pressed submit i see: Range 7DA, the average of 7 days? Guess we shall see when it's online.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarod View Post
                    Clean skies, a super high aircraft and a proper transmitter on that aircraft!
                    And, probably, an antenna installation on top of a very tall building or mountain.
                    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                      For all feeders or just FR24 receivers?
                      There will for sure be a list for FR24 boxes, still no decision about feeder software.

Originally posted by Jarod View Post
                      Did you pick a bad day for me, or is this a record based on 100% confirmed signals with all data showing?

Oh before i pressed submit i see: Range 7DA, the average of 7 days? Guess we shall see when it's online.
                      7 day average. It's possible that some adjustion has been made to the values I showed compared to what you see in premium, for example that the top 1-2% of signals are cut off, to get rid of single signals.

Comment

• Early next week the new Windows and Linux software will be published live.

Comment

Early next week the new Windows and Linux software will be published live.
                          Hey Mike, will it (or linux version at least) have a -d(ebug) option ? be handy when nutting out issues seeing what it sends, including which aircraft etc.

Comment

Later during 2014 we plan to add some more feeder statistics to premium. Until this has been done we can offer you some one time statistics for last week, sorted by longest range.
                            https://www.dropbox.com/s/9t0cb2lih7...erage.PNG?dl=0
                            Great to see more statistics being added.

Has FR24 changed their minds about the feeder "Radar Codes" going away on one of the next website updates? (If you could update us about it, That would be nice)
                            I think it would be best to keep the "x-xxxx" radar codes on the main website, when these new statistics is released.
                            Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                            [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ressy View Post
                              Hey Mike, will it (or linux version at least) have a -d(ebug) option ? be handy when nutting out issues seeing what it sends, including which aircraft etc.
                              I don't have any information about the software, we have to wait and see until it has been released.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
                                Great to see more statistics being added.

Has FR24 changed their minds about the feeder "Radar Codes" going away on one of the next website updates? (If you could update us about it, That would be nice)
                                I think it would be best to keep the "x-xxxx" radar codes on the main website, when these new statistics is released.
                                No decision about removal yet, but it looks like next web update will remove list of radar codes, to avoid the question "why is my receiver not in the filter list". It will still be possible to filter on a custom radar code and the result will still be wrong. All feeders will be able to use radarview to check coverage and will get feeding statistics on FR24 web.

Comment

Working...
                                X