Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ckckuen View Post
    Dear all,

I can upload the flight data to FR24 and I had the premium account but why I can't see any free for me?

Cheers
    Kuen
    Sorry, I do not understand the question...

Comment

• I think he meant, why can't I see any feed from me?

Kuen,
      Welcome! May I ask where you are located?
      As long you are feeding and have a premium account, don't worry about it. You are doing it correctly.
      The radar code display is incorrect and has been explained many many many times.
      Don't worry about it. Your feed is used.

Comment

• Originally posted by ptruicp View Post
        Hi

System

A small antenna that has a range of 116nm?
        wow!
        I'm not surprised.
        My stock DVB-T antenna has better performance compared to the PCB 1090MHz.
        Reaches further (~150nm) and has higher frame rates decoded.
        So I don't know why people always talk bad about it.
        All I can say is perhaps they didn't even try it!

Comment

• Hi Who,

I am using DVB-T in Hong Kong (VHHH) to upload the flight data to flightradar24. I just re-login to premium account and found that they provide one week free to me. Thanks anyway.

Cheers
          Kuen

Comment

• Originally posted by ckckuen View Post
            Hi Who,

I am using DVB-T in Hong Kong (VHHH) to upload the flight data to flightradar24. I just re-login to premium account and found that they provide one week free to me. Thanks anyway.

Cheers
            Kuen
            Kuen,
            The premium account will be valid for 1 week since the last feed on that account.
            If you keep feeding it'll 'never' expire.

Comment

• Originally posted by who View Post
              I'm not surprised.
              My stock DVB-T antenna has better performance compared to the PCB 1090MHz.
              Reaches further (~150nm) and has higher frame rates decoded.
              So I don't know why people always talk bad about it.
              All I can say is perhaps they didn't even try it!
              The stock antenna is good if you can place it high enough - the window of a high rise. if you are in a low rise building surrounded by trees and other buildings, then you need a waterproof antenna on the end of a long wire that can be stuck above the height of the obstacles - and we are greedy ... we always want more!

Comment

• Hello again.

The orignal antenna dongle already has a range of
                * Maximum distance: 134nm

I imagine the place of these

Comment

• The higher we are,.. The more we see.
                  (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                  1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• Originally posted by ptruicp View Post
                    Hello again.

The orignal antenna dongle already has a range of
                    * Maximum distance: 134nm

I imagine the place of these

http://www.flightradar24.com/files/f...ent-67_400.jpg
                    you place it high, then you need cable. long cable attenuates signal (receiver not near antenna) or supply voltage (receiver on antenna, but supply distant) - one thing leads to another....

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                      you place it high, then you need cable. long cable attenuates signal (receiver not near antenna) or supply voltage (receiver on antenna, but supply distant) - one thing leads to another....
                      You can get an "active" USB lead up to 20 metres (maybe longer but I've not heard on any, and as far as I know you can not run two active leads in series to get further) - your only problem then is waterproofing and ventilation.

Comment

• Active USB should go up to 150ft. But I've not tried it so I cannot confirm the working distance.
                        Water proofing and ventilation isn't such a big problem. Just get a small outdoor enclosure to put them in.

Comment

• Originally posted by who View Post
                          Active USB should go up to 150ft. But I've not tried it so I cannot confirm the working distance.
                          Water proofing and ventilation isn't such a big problem. Just get a small outdoor enclosure to put them in.
                          It would certainly be an interesting experiment, only have 1, which I bought for another project, might grab another one day and see, maybe we can then, add in series, if not, no waste as I'm sure it''ll come in hand again sometime

Comment

• I've not had success with active USB and the Pi. I think if I wanted to put something active a distance away it would be the Pi - Cat5 cable is good to 100m without repeaters.

Comment

• I would suggest using PoE to go with that. I'm using PoE to power up my remote device.

Comment

• PoE is a great option - also because you can get cheap PoE injectors (or talk to your sysadmin friends - they might have a stash of unused injectors from telephones etc.). One more option could be to use a USB via UTP extender like a model from Roline (prod. number: 12.04.1100 - google returns answers). This way you can push USB2.0 for up to 50m via UTP cable. I haven't tested it myself - but if that works, then of course the "external box" gets MUCH smaller and you can basically mount it super close to the antenna itself.

Comment

Working...
                                X