Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I think the FR24 system is under severe strain at the moment, due to the Ukranian/Malaysian incident. My primary feeding system can't even connect to the FR servers at present. But let's see what more informed responses you will get.

    Comment


    • I know FR24 only take ground traffic from a few feeders - my guess that is because most don't see it and any they did report would probably be crap data.

      If you're are in a great position to see ground traffic and traffic low to Paine field - why not apply for a vaunted FR Box? It might be worth it if you could make a significant contribution through that box.

      Just curious if your feeds did show would the be via the PP notwork or as a T- radarcode

      Comment


      • Originally posted by HermanZA View Post
        I think the FR24 system is under severe strain at the moment, due to the Ukranian/Malaysian incident. My primary feeding system can't even connect to the FR servers at present. But let's see what more informed responses you will get.
        Tracert from the Philippines shows major transit network problems to the FR24 web page and the feeder server. It is 14:37 UTC as I send this.

        John

        F-RPVD1

        Comment


        • Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
          Tracert from the Philippines shows major transit network problems to the FR24 web page and the feeder server. It is 14:37 UTC as I send this.

          John

          F-RPVD1
          Packet loss at the FR24 servers running about 70%. My ISP routing through TelstraGlobal has greatly reduced my latency to an average of 327 ms.

          Mlat3 is a casualty of this present network problem. Other Mlat areas are displaying fine just the one Mlat3 for Australia-New Zealand is dark.

          John

          F-RPVD1

          Comment


          • Hello

            Anyone know what this flight?

            b.jpg

            Thanks

            Comment


            • If you do a lookup of the HEX code on airframes.org .....

              adf.JPG

              Comment


              • Philadelphia?

                I'm living in Portugal

                Why Philadelphia appears if I am thousands of miles?

                Comment


                • I dunno Its what I got from the database, things might have changed. Perhaps some other forum members can advise what they are seeing on the DB's they use.
                  Last edited by HermanZA; 2014-07-18, 17:12.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by HermanZA View Post
                    I dunno Its what I got from the database, things might have changed. Perhaps some other forum members can advise what they are seeing on the DB's they use.
                    It also shows as a Ground Station on here: http://www.live-military-mode-s.eu/
                    Type: Ground Transmit
                    ICAO: N/A
                    Operator: Ground Transmitter
                    Country: Various
                    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

                    Comment


                    • ^ Live-Mode-S Direct link for ADF991
                      http://www.live-civil-mode-s.eu/popu...kstring=ADF991
                      Brian

                      www.RadarSpotters.eu
                      [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

                      Comment


                      • I reside in an area that has an antenna right next to me

                        example:
                        http://www.radioboanovafm.com.br/images/antena.jpg

                        It may be or may be the nearest airport radar Lisbon

                        Is there any problem in capturing signal with such an antenna on the side?

                        Sometimes I feel some discomfort in the head with the dongle plugged

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ptruicp View Post
                          I reside in an area that has an antenna right next to me

                          example:
                          http://www.radioboanovafm.com.br/images/antena.jpg

                          It may be or may be the nearest airport radar Lisbon

                          Is there any problem in capturing signal with such an antenna on the side?

                          Sometimes I feel some discomfort in the head with the dongle plugged
                          Sounds like you are plugging the dongle into the wrong place it goes into your PC not your ear !
                          Joking aside, the dongle cannot cause you any discomfort as it only receives, it does not transmit any kind of signal.
                          FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

                          Comment


                          • That seems to be a FM radio mast.... it should not be able to interfere with signals at 1090 mHz.

                            Edit: Looking at the antennas, seems like FM two way radio, repeaters and lower frequencies. Nothing close to ADS-B
                            Last edited by HermanZA; 2014-07-18, 19:38.

                            Comment


                            • Sem Títuylo.jpg

                              This is the antenna I have around me

                              Sem Títffulo.jpg

                              Sem fTítulo.jpg
                              Last edited by ptruicp; 2014-07-18, 18:56. Reason: update images

                              Comment


                              • near the top would be ideal for your antenna.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X