Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
    Why can't Radarcape owned by the T- users can't help with MLAT anymore.

That sucks
    If you have an F-box look at the box Status page.

FR24 CONNECTION STATUS:
    ADS-B: connected, 3 AC tracked
    ModeS: disabled

In practicality, the RadarCape (FR24 F-box) can't turn ModeS on or off.....it is just FR24 ignoring ModeS from all T-boxes. ModeS is still functioning as verified by VRS. Comparing the statistics on your FR24 account info with the log produced by VRS will show that FR24 rejects 75% of your data and that 75% is not all ModeS but ads-b also.

Since you are feeding FR24 rejection of ModeS is in their control.

Originally posted by FR24support View Post
    F-KPAE2 is using our FR24 equipment. "T" are other receivers which do not contribute to MLAT.

T-MLAT are non-positional aircraft plotted using our own receivers. Otherwise they would not appear on any map, except from FAA 5 minute delayed (if available).
    If you are interested in pseudo-tracking ModeS aircraft other options are available with a different receiver.

Originally posted by FR24support View Post
    Radarcapes can still contribute to MLAT if the customer chooses to enable it. But the vast majority of "T" receivers are not Radarcapes. It was an "overview" response.

The assertion by Support that RadarCape users can enable ModeS is an illusion... it is always ON.

John

F-RPVD1
    Last edited by paradiselost; 2014-06-13, 21:14.

Comment

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
      If you have an F-box look at the box Status page.

FR24 CONNECTION STATUS:
      ADS-B: connected, 3 AC tracked
      ModeS: disabled

John

F-RPVD1
      John,
      Don't know why your F box shows ModeS: disabled, the status page on mine shows

FR24 CONNECTION STATUS:
      ADS-B: connected, 102 AC tracked
      ModeS: connected, 32 AC tracked

Ben.

Just a thought, is it because you don't have Mlat in your region yet ?
      FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

• Originally posted by F-EGLF1 View Post
        John,

FR24 CONNECTION STATUS:

Ben.

Ben, Europe, Scandinavia, Australia and some parts of the US are the only ones with ModeS connected. Ninety eight percent of the rest of the world will never have MLAT.

The ModeS connected or disabled on the status page is the result of feedback from the FR24 server. It is accepting your data if you are in a MLAT area and if not rejecting it and showing disabled. The F-box produces ModeS output regardless of what the ModeS connected or disabled says.

Overlapping coverage of ModeS is just one part of the FR24 algorithm, the big killer in the rest of the world is latency, time it takes to get to the server. Servers in the cloud are the only solution to overcome latency issues and produce local MLAT. Perhaps the Australia model might work in the rest of the world.

John

F-RPVD1

Comment

• Originally posted by F-EGLF1 View Post
          John,

FR24 CONNECTION STATUS:

Ben.

You are correct. No MLAT = ModeS disabled.

Comment

• As mentioned in another thread we are testing MLAT in Asia. It's not just a question of turning in On/Off but assigning it to a server. As you have seen there is MLAT1 MLAT2 MLAT3 MLAT4, all are separate servers. Asian MLAT is tested on MLAT5 server that I think is located in somewhere in Asia. We have to evaluate ping times and data quality before we push it live. It may show up that it's better to run Asian MLAT through for example Australia or US.

Comment

• I have a problem with my FR24 receiver and Virtual Radar Server:
              http://x264.nl/dump/fr24-receiver-vr...2014-06-15.png

All ground traffic is shown 7100+km away. Do i have a setting wrong in VRS?

Or is the FR24 receiver mutilating data?
              Last edited by Jarod; 2014-06-15, 15:48.

Comment

• Great to see F-VANP1 up and running with superb coverage at Nagpur in India. It fills in a big hole in central India coverage. Congratulations to the FR24 team!
                Now if we could just get reliable feeders back into Hyderabad (VOHS) and Vizag (VEVZ) that would really complete the picture in that part of the world!
                T-VABB7 | RTL dongle + Raspberry Pi + dump1090 + Bulgarian 5dBi collinear

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarod View Post
                  I have a problem with my FR24 receiver and Virtual Radar Server:
                  http://x264.nl/dump/fr24-receiver-vr...2014-06-15.png

All ground traffic is shown 7100+km away. Do i have a setting wrong in VRS?

Or is the FR24 receiver mutilating data?
                  Contact Support regarding your FR24 Receiver
                  AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

• Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
                    Contact Support regarding your FR24 Receiver
                    So you are confirming the receiver is broken?

Edit: A lot of plane also give no GPS position in VRS.
                    When airborne they become visible, must be some crappy VRS setting being bugged again.

Edit:
                    http://x264.nl/dump/fr24_ground_visible.png
                    http://x264.nl/dump/vrs_ground_not_visible.png

Edit:
                    The issues lies with VRS, so no need to contact FR24.
                    What a crap software, all ground traffic is ignored and i can't find an option to enable it.

Edit:
                    Pfffff, http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/...rsOptions.aspx this is the problem.
                    Receiver location

The name of the receiver location that you have configured for the feed. It is only necessary to configure a receiver location for raw feeds, and then only if you want to be able to view ground traffic from that feed.

In the past i always set this randomly to north of Schiphol, now i set my exact location and it's too far out for ground traffic.
                    Guess they never heard of people with proper reception.

Now going to find a good balance between Schiphol and the actual receiver location, LOL!
                    Last edited by Jarod; 2014-06-15, 17:25.

Comment

• West Jet's 'First Trans Atlantic Flight'.. arriving in Dublin soon ! http://www.flightradar24.com/WJA16/3959e97
                      F-CYQL1

Comment

• Mike,

Is F-EHAL1 a different receiver from F-EHLW1?

And now there are 14 receivers active in The Netherlands?

F-EHAL1
                        F-EHAM1
                        F-EHAM2
                        F-EHBK1
                        F-EHEH1
                        F-EHGG1
                        F-EHGG2
                        F-EHKD1
                        F-EHLW1
                        F-EHRD1
                        F-EHRD2
                        F-EHRD3
                        F-EHTW1
                        F-EHVB1

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          New FR24 receivers

F-KBPT1 activated in Beaumont, United States

For discussions about new receivers please use thread http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...24-Feeder-Chat
                          Is F-KBPT1 still active? I haven't seen any of their data recently and the little bit of MLAT it brought into Louisiana is gone as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            New FR24 receivers

F-LTAI1 activated in Antalya, Turkey

For discussions about new receivers please use thread http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...24-Feeder-Chat
                            we refer to this region were made.There's nothing that comes to us.really interesting....

communication with other activation also in turkey how can I get?
                            F-LTBJ1 & N-LTBJ1 & T-LTBJ1 Izmir / Turkey

F-LTAN1 Konya / Turkey

F-LTCS1 SanliUrfa / Turkey

F-LTFJ3 Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen Airport / Turkey

Comment

• Dear All,

Hows my coverage? Please comment.

T-VGHS1.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by zahidulhasan View Post
                                Dear All,

Hows my coverage? Please comment.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4310[/ATTACH]
                                249nm ... excellent - that's about as far as a dongle will go, what equipment are you using?

Comment

Working...
                                X