Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zahidulhasan View Post
    It shows registration, altitude, speed & something named (TT). no longitude and latitude showing.
    FR24 can't show the position of the aircraft unless they have it - these planes don't transmit it - your T- radar cannot pick it up and pass it on.

If there are lots of 'F-' radars in the area, they might be able to calculate where the planes are by triangulation (MLAT - multilateration) - but here they just don't have the data

Comment

• Lat/Lon data is being received from the planes with a * under the "G*456^" column, which can be used by FR24. RTL1090 just doesn't display the actual values in this window. So, the plane second from last is on the ground and transmitting ADS-B.
      F-KJAN3 and T-KJAN2...providing ground traffic at JAN and low level coverage around the Jackson, MS metro area

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
        FR24 can't show the position of the aircraft unless they have it - these planes don't transmit it - your T- radar cannot pick it up and pass it on.

If there are lots of 'F-' radars in the area, they might be able to calculate where the planes are by triangulation (MLAT - multilateration) - but here they just don't have the data

Dear peterhr,

I saw lots of airport where aircraft found in taxiway, terminal or runway. How do these aircraft comes to FR24? Example Dubai, from dubai, lots of plane comes every day to DAC. These aircraft seen in ground in DXB, not in DAC. Does these aircraft transmit its position info in DXB, not in DAC, or does the receiver modem have some difference to pick the proper signal of the grounded plane?

Near to my country, two F24 receiver installed in india, which is very near to our border. These name is F-VEBD1 in shiliguri & F-VEAT1 in agartola. Both the feeder provides ground plane tracking.

My device is a RTL820T dongle, do you think FR24 device can pick proper signal from ground planes, where RTL2832U does not picking proper ground plane info?

Thanks & regards,
        Zahidul Hasan.

Comment

Dear peterhr,

I saw lots of airport where aircraft found in taxiway, terminal or runway. How do these aircraft comes to FR24? Example Dubai, from dubai, lots of plane comes every day to DAC. These aircraft seen in ground in DXB, not in DAC. Does these aircraft transmit its position info in DXB, not in DAC, or does the receiver modem have some difference to pick the proper signal of the grounded plane?

Near to my country, two F24 receiver installed in india, which is very near to our border. These name is F-VEBD1 in shiliguri & F-VEAT1 in agartola. Both the feeder provides ground plane tracking.

My device is a RTL820T dongle, do you think FR24 device can pick proper signal from ground planes, where RTL2832U does not picking proper ground plane info?

Thanks & regards,
          Zahidul Hasan.
          It depends if the pilot sets the transmitter to send the data - if you don't see it you cannot upload it.

Do you have your own mapping function on your receiver setup (click the T-EGBB19 link in my footer) - if you do you can see what your receiver sees - this is all you could upload.

BTW. I'm using a Raspberry Pi as a receiver, I've never really looked what plotting functions you have with windows - but I'm sure someone will help you.

Comment

It depends if the pilot sets the transmitter to send the data - if you don't see it you cannot upload it.

Do you have your own mapping function on your receiver setup (click the T-EGBB19 link in my footer) - if you do you can see what your receiver sees - this is all you could upload.

BTW. I'm using a Raspberry Pi as a receiver, I've never really looked what plotting functions you have with windows - but I'm sure someone will help you.
            Dear peterhr,

Thank you so much for your kind reply. As i am using windows, i dont that kind of mapping facility. but my RLT1090 Software have a scope that shows me where these plane are.

35.jpg

My Raspberry PI will come to live in next week. Before one damaged, i used in RP, that time i could not saw the ground plane also. Does your RTL2832U feeds ground planes to FR ?

Thanks & regards,
            Zahidul hasan.

Comment

• Your rtl1090 software sees them fine, as already mentioned, however, although I dont use it ( I use linux ) I have played with it on my laptop (its how I got my fr24 key - rather than wait for support@ to respond), the fact the * is under the G column all is fine, so the question is, how are you feeding this data to fr24? is the feeder software running? Do you have access to your premium account on fr24, I dont believe detailed statistics is available unless using linux , but I assume the premium side for windows feeders still knows its a feeder and should say if the status is online or offline?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ressy View Post
                Your rtl1090 software sees them fine, as already mentioned, however, although I dont use it ( I use linux ) I have played with it on my laptop (its how I got my fr24 key - rather than wait for support@ to respond), the fact the * is under the G column all is fine, so the question is, how are you feeding this data to fr24? is the feeder software running? Do you have access to your premium account on fr24, I dont believe detailed statistics is available unless using linux , but I assume the premium side for windows feeders still knows its a feeder and should say if the status is online or offline?
                Dear Ressy,

I have all the things to feed to FR24 & i am a regular feeder from last 3 months. I used to linux in the primary days. But in a thunder my RP done dead. Now i am feeding from windows pc.

My problem i cannot feed the ground planes to FR24 while i have good received signal. I contacted several time to FR support. No reply get related the issue.

Thanks,
                Zahidul Hasan.

Comment

Does your RTL2832U feeds ground planes to FR ?
                  No, I don't "see" aircraft on the ground and there are many feeders closer to the airport or even on the airport itself.

My antenna and mast are grounded - I hope that would help the Pi survive nearby thunderstorms (It survived the one yesterday, and another is rumbling now!)

In the Main FR24.com map page, can you click premium and do a successful log-in. Then click Premium again and select 'My Account'

You should see lines like the one below for each of your feeds ... you are interested in the if the feeder is on-line and when it was last online (as indicated in red below)
                  Your feeds
                  Radar: T-EGBB19 Status: Online Last upload (~5min): 2014-06-08 18:22:49 More info
                  Last edited by peterhr; 2014-06-08, 16:27.

Comment

No, I don't "see" aircraft on the ground and there are many feeders closer to the airport or even on the airport itself.

My antenna and mast are grounded - I hope that would help the Pi survive nearby thunderstorms (It survived the one yesterday, and another is rumbling now!)

In the Main FR24.com map page, can you click premium and do a successful log-in. Then click Premium again and select 'My Account'

You should see lines like the one below for each of your feeds ... you are interested in the if the feeder is on-line and when it was last online (as indicated in red below)
                    Your feeds
                    Radar: T-EGBB19 Status: Online Last upload (~5min): 2014-06-08 18:22:49 More info

Here is the picture. Anyway can you tell me how much long cable you used from modem to antenna?
                    Feeds.jpg

Comment

Here is the picture. Anyway can you tell me how much long cable you used from modem to antenna?
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]4240[/ATTACH]
                      This confirms you are connecting to, and feeding, FR24. perhaps these aircraft are as peterh indicated, not using an active transponder, or, are older mode C or S's, I understand FR24 *do* prohibit displaying certain type of aircraft, but these are special cases, like certain paranoid presidents personal jet also, certain things like airport cars I think are suppressed on fr24, when you say you can "see" do you mean see with the software locally, and those that you see, do they have that G* or similar? or seeing is with eyes, since you are feeding, there would be no reason for FR24 to not display.
                      Trying to remember what windows software I used at the time to view local stuff, adsbscope? might be it, try that and see if you can see them?

I know you asked peterh about his cable lengths, but I'll comment too, about 12 metres RG6, the antenna is a home made 6db coax colinear (made of RG6,stuffed inside a 20mm PVC pipe).

I recently bought a 15 metre "active" USB cable for another project, but I thought one day when I get adventurous, I will run it direct from PC to modem right at antenna, maybe leaving a 30cm feed line and see what improvement I get, in theory, should be next to no loss

Comment

Dear peterhr,

Thanks & regards,
                        Zahidul Hasan.
                        Originally posted by Ressy View Post
                        This confirms you are connecting to, and feeding, FR24. perhaps these aircraft are as peterh indicated, not using an active transponder, or, are older mode C or S's, I understand FR24 *do* prohibit displaying certain type of aircraft, but these are special cases, like certain paranoid presidents personal jet also, certain things like airport cars I think are suppressed on fr24, when you say you can "see" do you mean see with the software locally, and those that you see, do they have that G* or similar? or seeing is with eyes, since you are feeding, there would be no reason for FR24 to not display.
                        Trying to remember what windows software I used at the time to view local stuff, adsbscope? might be it, try that and see if you can see them?

I know you asked peterh about his cable lengths, but I'll comment too, about 12 metres RG6, the antenna is a home made 6db coax colinear (made of RG6,stuffed inside a 20mm PVC pipe).

I recently bought a 15 metre "active" USB cable for another project, but I thought one day when I get adventurous, I will run it direct from PC to modem right at antenna, maybe leaving a 30cm feed line and see what improvement I get, in theory, should be next to no loss
                        Yes I think you should try Adsbscope (it's free) and see whether you can see ground traffic from there. If you don't see them yourself then of course You won't see them at FR24.

If you see them on Adsbscope but not on FR24 then it should be due to your windows feeder software set to not uploading ground traffic. It should show GND:YES Mode S:YES

Another suggestion, but not essential for now is using adsb# to decode adsb instead of RTL1090 as it has been reported by several users that it is quite good in performance. In the meantime go download Adsbscope, set it up and see whether you get ground traffic or not on your Adsbscope. Hope this helps.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4240[/ATTACH]
                          This shows you have one feeder on line, I thought you had two? ... maybe the second isn't registered against the account?

I have posted my rig here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ed-FR24/page65 (last post in the thread at time of writing) - the feed cable is 8.5m of RG6.

Comment

• There is definitely a new F feeder around Brunei, but it has been assigned KJFK - John F Kennedy Airport which is obviously wrong for this part of the world. No big... I am sure the team will sort it out.
                            Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-06-10, 11:30.

Comment

• It was a recycled numerical ID and it just showed the old cached value, will resolve by itself soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by piopawlu View Post
                                It was a recycled numerical ID and it just showed the old cached value, will resolve by itself soon.
                                Thanks for using a bit of your precious time to reply here piopawlu. It is nothing important at all, you know, radarcode matters. Just curious around where the receiver is based... Will know soon I am sure.

Update: Yes, I know where now! It's from Labuan. Ground traffic displayed! woohoo! great!

Comment

Working...
                                X